Apple to launch online TV service with support from major providers this fall, report says

Comments

• Reply 141 of 181
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    "I didn't steal anything. All I did was take something that wasn't mind and then freely distribute it to others without any consideration for obtaining permission from the content owners."

What a fucking world we live in. At least admit you know you're taking something that isn't yours is unethical. No one here (except maybe [@]sog35[/@] and [@]Apple ][[/@] actually care that you're taking it but it would be nice if you knew the difference between right and wrong.
  • Reply 142 of 181
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AWilliams87 View Post

There are many nonsensical things your government creates and inforce. IP is one of them. It's just normal, non-violent, people sharing things. If you want to claim that's stealing, you can. You would be logically wrong (as it does not fit the definition of stealing), but you would be legally correct.

Unless you live in a renegade country like N. Korea, IP protection is the norm in every civilized country of the world. Educate yourself, and learn about the World Intellectual Property Protection Organization, an arm of the WTO: http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/

Here's the list of countries where IP is protected: http://www.wipo.int/members/en/

Where do you live? 

• Reply 143 of 181
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

"I didn't steal anything. All I did was take something that wasn't mind and then freely distribute it to others without any consideration for obtaining permission from the content owners."

What a fucking world we live in. At least admit you know you're taking something that isn't yours.

Who said that? I never said that.

• Reply 144 of 181
    Imagine if those people who didn't want to follow the fugitive slave act took your advice?

According to your rationale, slavery wouldn't be illegal. You can't steal people if you don't consider them people.
  • Reply 145 of 181
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Comparing your right to STEAL IP to the right of FREEDOM is reckless, ignorant, and incredibly insensitive.  Are you 10 years old?  

personally if I was Black I would punch your face right now.  I mean seriously.

I am black. And no, it's still a good analogy. IP as a concept makes no sense. People don't own ideas. Just like it was nonsense, in the past, for people to own other people.

• Reply 146 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

According to your rationale, slavery wouldn't be illegal. You can't steal people if you don't consider them people.

It was the law and supreme court that didn't recognize slaves as people. Rational individuals knew they were. You don't own ideas. Rational people can see that also. Giving something I bought to someone else isn't stealing nor is it wrong. Rational people can see that.

• Reply 147 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Unless you live in a renegade country like N. Korea, IP protection is the norm in every civilized country of the world. Educate yourself, and learn about the World Intellectual Property Protection Organization, an arm of the WTO: http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/

Here's the list of countries where IP is protected: http://www.wipo.int/members/en/

Where do you live? 

Arresting people for smoking plants is also the norm in every civilized country as well.

• Reply 148 of 181
    I am black. And no, it's still a good analogy. IP as a concept makes no sense. People don't own ideas. Just like it was nonsense, in the past, for people to own other people.

Holy **** your childhood must have been a mess. I mean this with complete sincerity, good luck with life, because nature and/or nurture has stacked the odds against you with that kind anti-social thinking. I truly feel bad for you.
  • Reply 149 of 181
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by AWilliams87 View Post

I am black. IP as a concept makes no sense.

I’ll be called a racist for saying this, but these two sentences together make sense to me. 

• Reply 150 of 181
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

makes it even worse.  Man, respect those who came before you.  

Comparing your right to copy music to being a slave is sickening.

Dude, shut the **** up. You just said if I don't like the laws, then I should leave. What if people took that advice and left because they didn't respect the fugitive slave laws? Just because something is lawful does not make it right. Your government doesn't own the ground I walk on.

• Reply 151 of 181
    Quote:

Arresting people for smoking plants is also the norm in every civilized country as well.

No, it's not.

Now you're adding ignorance to your unethicality.

• Reply 152 of 181
    robbyxrobbyx Posts: 479member
    Yeah, there’s no possibly reason for anyone to think that. Why, your username itself shows… that… 

Wait.

Ah, nice, I was wondering when the third AI troll would chime in! Now they're all here! Yeah!
  • Reply 153 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

No, it's not.

Now you're adding ignorance to your unethicality.

Smoking plants is illegal in the vast majority of countries, including China. When something is done in the vast majority of countries, one can say it's a norm.

EDIT: Perhaps I should say smoking certain plants?

• Reply 154 of 181
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,387member
    Smoking plants is illegal in the vast majority of countries, including China. When something is done in the vast majority of countries, one can say it's a norm.

As long as I can smoke ribs I'm good.
  • Reply 155 of 181
    I’ll be called a racist for saying this, but these two sentences together make sense to me. 

Totally racist. Disgusting. So black people can't understand the concept of IP? Way to keep it classy.
  • Reply 156 of 181
    Quote:

Originally Posted by robbyx View Post

Totally racist. Disgusting. So black people can't understand the concept of IP? Way to keep it classy.

Yeah I honestly don't know why he did that. Regardless of whether you disagree with what we're discussing or not. I was shocked by that statement.

• Reply 157 of 181
    Yeah I honestly don't know why he did that. Regardless of whether you disagree with what we're discussing or not. I was shocked by that statement.

Have you read his other posts? He's a nasty troll. Always talking down and being condescending. I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to show his racist colors. Just waiting for the homophobia and misogyny now.
  • Reply 158 of 181
    sog35 wrote: »
    Why do you continue to ignore my buffet (all you can eat) example?

if you paid for a buffet does that give you the right to share that food with OTHERS?

I'm not ignoring anything. I don't believe your buffet question was directed at me. You were trolling someone else who doesn't agree with you. As for buffets, they're gross.
  • Reply 159 of 181
    sog35 wrote: »
    Why do you continue to ignore my buffet (all you can eat) example?

if you paid for a buffet does that give you the right to share that food with OTHERS?

Not only can you share it with others but you can eat there forever. After all it's call all you can eat, not all you can eat during a given meal¡
  • Reply 160 of 181
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

I don't steal. If I buy a CD and give it to you, you did not steal it. You did acquire it illegal however.

I'd be rather surprised if giving a CD to someone else wasn't allowable under the terms of service agreed to at the point of sale. And thus completely legal.