Cook says discriminatory 'religious freedom' laws are dangerous, calls for action

1151618202125

Comments

  • Reply 341 of 492
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post





    Absolutely not. The opponents of this law are bigots. The vitriol against it is proof that it's needed.



    I suggest you take the few scheckles you have and purchase yourself a dictionary.  Please.

  • Reply 342 of 492
    aaronj wrote: »
    nowayout11 wrote: »
     


    How many Islamic politicians are there in America trying to pander to an Islamic base for political gain? Derp.


    There is exactly one Muslim in Congress, out of 535 people.  And I've never heard him pander to anyone.

    Just answering your rhetorical question. :)

    He doesn't panda?

    So he's not exactly a Giant of a man. :lol:
  • Reply 343 of 492
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Or condone it, which a wedding cake would do.

    I don't see how a cake condones anything, but I can see a baker having a problem with putting 2 men or women on it.
  • Reply 344 of 492
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member

    No it isn't.

    It absolutely is. There is a galling level of intolerance being displayed by many of the vocal opponents of this bill.
  • Reply 345 of 492
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    aaronj wrote: »

    I suggest you take the few scheckles you have and purchase yourself a dictionary.  Please.

    I'm well aware of what the words mean. Opponents of this bill are bigots.
  • Reply 346 of 492
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Or condone it, which a wedding cake would do.

    I don't see how a cake condones anything, but I can see a baker having a problem with putting 2 men or women on it.

    A wedding cake would condone sodomy.
  • Reply 347 of 492
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,924member
    This is the basis of all three Judeo-based religions.

    But I agree with you.

    Personally, I think anyone who actually believes in religion, especially Judiasm, Christianiry, or Islam, is an idiot or using it for power/control purposes.

    And people who degrade religion are complete jackasses because they rather not deal with it or are criminals.

    I guess generalizations work both ways.
  • Reply 348 of 492
    Or condone it, which a wedding cake would do.

    Really?!?

    Does that mean that Apple endorses every stupid homophobic comment posted by someone using their products?
    Does a gun manufacturer endorse every crime committed using its product?
  • Reply 349 of 492
    ned bulous wrote: »
    Or condone it, which a wedding cake would do.

    Really?!?

    Does that mean that Apple endorses every stupid homophobic comment posted by someone using their products?
    Does a gun manufacturer endorse every crime committed using its product?

    No, because they're not related.

    A wedding cake is symbolic of a union which is morally significant. If a homosexually-practicing sinner were to buy a Christmas cake, that would be fine.
  • Reply 350 of 492
    No, because they're not related.

    A wedding cake is symbolic of a union which is morally significant. If a homosexually-practicing sinner were to buy a Christmas cake, that would be fine.

    If a divorced and remarried abomination of a sinner wanted a wedding cake, would the baker also be condoning this immoral marriage?

    If a Christian bakes a Bar/Bat Mitzvah cake, is the baker denying Jesus?

    What about abusive relationships? If someone beats their spouse, the baker who made their cake somehow condoned it?

    I guess I never realized the gravity of the baking profession and how he or she needs to research the quality of a relationship before condoning the marriage. I hope all bakers are doing their due diligence and working with therapists, when required, before they condone any marriage.
  • Reply 351 of 492
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

    This thread, like the other one from yesterday, makes a strong case for the benefits of my blocking tool. You can get it here!

     

    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185450/apples-tim-cook-plans-to-give-away-all-of-his-money/40#post_2699793

     

    Then make some suggestions for a name for it. 

     

    'Ass Blocker' was my first choice.

  • Reply 352 of 492
    sddavesddave Posts: 24member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    He's the CEO.  

     

    He can do whatever the Hell he wants.  If the shareholders hate it then they need to speak out and have the BOD vote him out.

     

    Till then take it like a man or sell your stock.




    And did you similarly support the right of the Chick-Fil-A CEO to express his opinion that "marriage" should only be between a man and a woman?

  • Reply 353 of 492
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

     

    This thread, like the other one from yesterday, makes a strong case for the benefits of my blocking tool. You can get it here!

     

    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/185450/apples-tim-cook-plans-to-give-away-all-of-his-money/40#post_2699793

     

    Then make some suggestions for a name for it. 

     

    'Ass Blocker' was my first choice.




    It also makes a strong case we shouldn't have threads like this on AI. Or if AI wants to report on it don't make the thread available for comments. If I blocked everyone I disagreed with I would nave 50% on block. These threads become pointless after about 10 posts. 

  • Reply 354 of 492
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    A wedding cake would condone sodomy.

    And heterosexuals don't ever practice sodomy? Lesbians don't normally practice it, and 2 gay men don't necessarily have to.
  • Reply 355 of 492
    Hello please any body help me please i dont have mony please help me i am poor please please halp me
  • Reply 356 of 492
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    And heterosexuals don't ever practice sodomy? Lesbians don't normally practice it, and 2 gay men don't necessarily have to.



    Wait.  Shut the front door!

     

    If neither straight couples or lesbians practice sodomy, then WHAT HAVE I BEEN WATCHING 8 HOURS A DAY FOR THE LAST DECADE?!?! :wow:

  • Reply 357 of 492
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

     



    It also makes a strong case we shouldn't have threads like this on AI. Or if AI wants to report on it don't make the thread available for comments. If I blocked everyone I disagreed with I would nave 50% on block. These threads become pointless after about 10 posts. 


    What I find interesting is how the Apple demographic has changed over the years. In the beginning it was slanted heavily toward the liberal mindset, We were mostly graphic artists, scientists, teachers and hippies. Now there is a new more radical conservative movement, unless all the hippies are switching sides. They say people tend to become more conservative as they age, but I don't think the radical vocal conservatives here are the old guard. This seems to be a new younger angry delegation of conservatives. Honestly, I don't understand it at all.

  • Reply 358 of 492
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    And heterosexuals don't ever practice sodomy? Lesbians don't normally practice it, and 2 gay men don't necessarily have to.

    I think that must be some of the due diligence folks like Benjamin Frost expect bakers to do before baking a couple a wedding cake. . . "Do you plan to ever engage in oral or anal sex?" I mean, since the baker is condoning their relationship it is his/her responsibility to know!
  • Reply 359 of 492
    sddavesddave Posts: 24member


    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post





    You didn't actually read his statement, did you?



    I mean, ****.  Either stay the hell out of this shit, or at least pay fucking attention to what's going on around you!  You're getting as bad as Frost.


     

    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post





    Here's the quote: "In comparison let's look at conservative CEOs who won't shut up like the Koch brothers, Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, etc, etc. Almost all of them abject failures."



    Don't lose your cool. No need for the personal attacks.

     

    Next, AaronJ will invoke the Nazi characterization on those who have an opinion different from his, and then he will be deemed to have lost the argument.

    I don't think you're doing your side any favors with your vitriol and personal attacks, AaronJ.

  • Reply 360 of 492
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SDDave View Post

     

     

    Next, AaronJ will invoke the Nazi characterization on those who have an opinion different from his, and then he will be deemed to have lost the argument.

    I don't think you're doing your side any favors with your vitriol and personal attacks, AaronJ.




    You don't know me.

     

    And if you look at the original quote, he took part of it out of context and twisted it for his own purposes, as he's been doing this entire thread.  Why not pay attention to what's going on before lashing out, k?

Sign In or Register to comment.