Apple says working on Apple Watch preorders in email to early-bird customers

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 112

I'm a SS Black Bander who ordered at 3:02 AM EDT and have been feeling irrationally "pissed off" last night and today because I recieved the "Dear John" email from Apple...but, despite my ill mood, this is actually a successful launch.  TAKE MY MONEY APPLE, PLEASE! :)  

• Reply 102 of 112
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

But the watch is pretty awesome.

yes, fortunately !

• Reply 103 of 112
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Warehouses full of unwanted/unsold merchandise is a bad launch(ask Samsung).

A new $2Billion business is not too shabby.

I'm talking about customer experience of course. It's not the end of the world, and Apple did their best I guess, but it wasn't great imo.

• Reply 104 of 112
    clemynx wrote: »
    I'm talking about customer experience of course. It's not the end of the world, and Apple did their best I guess, but it wasn't great imo.
    Yes it is very easy to fulfill demand when there isn't any(ask Samsung).
  • Reply 105 of 112
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    I'm getting one today and still waiting on one more hopefully they'll charge me soon. 5/13-527 order them within the first minutes of preorder . But just getting the 42mm sport not the 38 mm sport. Sorry wife you have to wait! Apples fault! :)
  • Reply 106 of 112
    cjb65cjb65 Posts: 3member
    Has anyone who received the EOD seen any activity since Friday? Waiting on 42mm SS with BSB here. Ordered 4/10 12:02 AM and still processing...
  • Reply 107 of 112
    Yes it is very easy to fulfill demand when there isn't any(ask Samsung).

I don't care about Samsung. I think things should have been clearer for the public. And Apple should have ever said that it would be available in early 2015. 24th April isn't early 2015 no matter what Cook says and most people won't receive theirs before half 2015. It's no big deal, but Apple clearly bent to the pressure of people asking for a date and as a result did bad communication.
  • Reply 108 of 112
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,008member
    clemynx wrote: »
    I don't care about Samsung. I think things should have been clearer for the public. And Apple should have ever said that it would be available in early 2015. 24th April isn't early 2015 no matter what Cook says and most people won't receive theirs before half 2015. It's no big deal, but Apple clearly bent to the pressure of people asking for a date and as a result did bad communication.

Really. Take a deep breath and read your own post. It's dripping with petulant entitlement. Apple never promised that everybody would be able to get a watch on launch day. And they never set a specific day. So far, Apple has delivered what they promised: another category defining product that is driving demand to way outstrip supply. And it is the first third of the year.

If you are hurt by this situation, you might want to avoid new Apple releases in the future. If you haven't noticed, they do this a lot...
  • Reply 109 of 112
    I'm a SS Black Bander who ordered at 3:02 AM EDT and have been feeling irrationally "pissed off" last night and today because I recieved the "Dear John" email from Apple...but, despite my ill mood, this is actually a successful launch.  TAKE MY MONEY APPLE, PLEASE! :)  
    I don't think they've even started production on the Black SS with SS band. I ordered mine 3 minutes after you and I'm in the same boat, except I didn't get the "Dear John" email from Apple. But I don't know of anyone that ordered the same watch we did with a delivery date before May 13th. :\
  • Reply 110 of 112
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    tony411la wrote: »
    I don't think they've even started production on the Black SS with SS band. I ordered mine 3 minutes after you and I'm in the same boat, except I didn't get the "Dear John" email from Apple. But I don't know of anyone that ordered the same watch we did with a delivery date before May 13th. :\

I wonder if either of the link bracelets have been shipped yet. I ordered a silver model with a confirmation email at 2:06 with a 4-6 week delivery.

From what I am hearing online, it sounds like it's mostly sports and Milinese loops that were shipped on Friday.
  • Reply 111 of 112
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Inside Her View Post

I ordered my SS with black sports band and an extra milanese loop 2 minutes after launch and confirm email 1 minute later. I am still processing on both with shipment on the watch 4/24-5/8 and extra band 2-4 weeks. I got the "we are working on your order" email as well. Still no charge to card and no change in order. I wonder if they are trying to ship the milanese loop at the same time and it's in short supply so they are holding my whole order up. I'm not going to get pissed like a lot of people but I thought I'd have it lunch day, especially ahead of people that ordered later. But, I understand they have methods of they way the need to ship to make money. 

My order is still processing and no charges to  my card :( I called Apple and asked if the loop was holding up my watch order so they can ship it together and they said no since I placed them a minute apart. Went to the Apple store yesterday to get my phone fixed and didn't even look at the watch because I want to be surprised. Hope to see it soon :)