Apple's next-gen 'iPhone 6s' to come in rose gold model, feature 2GB RAM, 12MP camera

Comments

• Reply 21 of 107
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,954member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffen Jobbs View Post

And you'll always be assured of keeping your job no matter how many times you're wrong or how many times you keep repeating the same mistakes.  I'm not sure what an analyst's qualifications are supposed to be but they must be pretty low.

An MBA from a Name Brand University and knowing the right people. At least that's how my buddy got his analyst job. 

• Reply 22 of 107
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,815member
    I see the main stream media are running the end of Google 'Map Maker Edit' story ... did I miss it on AI?
  • Reply 23 of 107
    :\Oh, to have the smoothness and speed of an iPhone 5! I'm still using a 4. Sigh. A Viking can dream, though, can't he?:\
  • Reply 24 of 107
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    And you'll always be assured of keeping your job no matter how many times you're wrong or how many times you keep repeating the same mistakes.  I'm not sure what an analyst's qualifications are supposed to be but they must be pretty low.

One should be able to endlessly self-promote and refer to oneself as "well-connected" in notes passed to bloggers and the media.
  • Reply 25 of 107
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    geekdad wrote: »
    Maybe they will have just for celebrities a iPhone with matching Apple Watch? Color matching for the trendy crowd?

Quote:
    <div class="quote-block" style="border:1px solid rgb(217,218,216);color:rgb(0,0,0);padding:10px;">Originally Posted by simply258 go_quote.gif

Maybe they'll product limited colors for promotional purposes, to hand out to celebrities.</div>
    Well, assuming this is legit, it confirms my suspicion that there would be a gold anodized Sport Watch to match the gold iPhones, as well as a mid-priced gold option (maybe 14k or some new patented plating process). I did wonder how that would work for the rich with the rose gold, but hadn't really thought that they would just simply add the option for the iPhone. You can't have customers running around with an iPhone accessory that doesn't match their iPhones. Makes you wonder if the iPhone will eventually have a simple method, allowing customers to easily swap phones to go with their watches and outfits.

I don't really care for rose gold, and don't understand why someone would prefer it to yellow gold, but that's what makes the world go around.
  • Reply 26 of 107
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    gtbuzz wrote: »
    I hope they make the Apple Sim Card Standard; their should be only 1 phone for all the carriers. A9 with 2GB Ram and a 12 MP camera would be great. Even better would be no Home Button, Charging similar to the Watch. 1 GB Ram is too little. The number of pixels needs to be increased so the large phone will be as sharp as the small phone (if possible).

Any physical switch they can remove from the Device would be good; provided they get the fingerprint recognition working much better.

While wishing, the phone could be a hub for a screen and keyboard that runs OS x or the computer should be able to have an A9 processor that will run App software and OS x Software and a cellular data connection.
    You will get 50% of what you wish: camera, CPU and RAM this timr, other ridiculous wishes can be granted in iPhone 20S.
  • Reply 27 of 107
    How about improving the RF performance in the phone, reducing SAR, unlocking Bluetooth USB and allowing the phone to be USB-tethered, maybe even Micro-SD for photo backup when your data limit or coverage prevent cloud access? You know, functionality.

I'm an Apple user of everything in computing except their phones and monitors. My laptops, WiFi router, keyboard and mouse, trackpad, and tablet are all Apple. But I'm Samsung for the phone because of these reasons above, even with the slightly awkward integration between Google and iCloud.
  • Reply 28 of 107
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

I don't care if the new iPhones or iPads come with 4GB or even 8GB of RAM, until Apple rewrites Safari to be less aggressive with tab reloads, the amount of RAM really won't change the web browsing experience.  As a point of reference, the iPad Air 2 suffers from this and it already has 2GB of RAM.

In fact, that's my second biggest iOS 8 complaint, right behind all the wonky Bluetooth/WiFi issues.

• Reply 29 of 107
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post

How about improving the RF performance in the phone, reducing SAR, unlocking Bluetooth USB and allowing the phone to be USB-tethered, maybe even Micro-SD for photo backup when your data limit or coverage prevent cloud access? You know, functionality.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Micro-SD slot if I were you. Apple is well known for not allowing add-on storage to iOS devices (but you already know this).

• Reply 30 of 107
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,299member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photoeditor View Post

I'm an Apple user of everything in computing except their phones and monitors. My laptops, WiFi router, keyboard and mouse, trackpad, and tablet are all Apple. But I'm Samsung for the phone because of these reasons above, even with the slightly awkward integration between Google and iCloud.

Then you support fucking junk...

• Reply 31 of 107
    rob55 wrote: »
    And once again, Emperor Ming's guesses get the "Breaking" treatment.

LOL. Yeah, it's all they got. Otherwise, they'd be rehashing news & rumors already reported elsewhere ;)
  • Reply 32 of 107
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,920member
    upgraded RAM and Camera is more exciting than another color.
  • Reply 33 of 107
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bonner View Post

OK, enough. I am sorry but this is starting to sound like one of those fake commercials. We added a gold color and a slightly better camera. It's getting boring.

And this because we are talking about Apple's sole cash cow (still the market's best phone, though) - imagine our boredom with the rest of the company's lineup under Mr Cook's "4-6 week delivery" leadership.

• Reply 34 of 107
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

upgraded RAM and Camera is more exciting than another color.

The A9 is more exciting than any of it. Every year Apple manages earth shattering performance leaps over the previous generation processor. Each new proc is faster and more energy efficient.

The A8 was one of the biggest leaps yet...not only did it maintain Apple's YOY performance increase precedent, but it did so while powering higher resolution 4.7" and 5.5" displays. Apple has now had another entire year to engineer a whole new class of proc designed to power the same 4.7 and 5.5 devices...I'm expecting really great performance from the new iPhones.

• Reply 35 of 107
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

boring bullshit

Still Trolling I see.

• Reply 36 of 107
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    simply258 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll product limited colors for promotional purposes, to hand out to celebrities.

iphone is a mature product -- it doesnt need the sort of marketing efforts a new product category does.
  • Reply 37 of 107
    rob bonner wrote: »
    OK, enough. I am sorry but this is starting to sound like one of those fake commercials. We added a gold color and a slightly better camera. It's getting boring.

you seem to be misunderstanding the role of tools -- they are not to give purpose to a boring life. they are to offer value for their various jobs-to-be-done.

does your cordless drill "bore" you? why or why not?
  • Reply 38 of 107
    joninsd wrote: »
    I'm still using an iPhone 5, which seems slower and slower every update, would more RAM keep it fast over the years with new functionality added? How much would this affect battery life on an iPhone 6 ?

all computing devices get slower as newer OSes (ie, bigger, more complex, more demanding) are installed on them. they do not get faster. eventually it reaches the point where it would be unreasonable to continue installing new OSes on it, and thats when the hardware is no longer supported.
  • Reply 39 of 107

how strange -- millions upon millions find the iphone to be quite, you know, functional, today. from retirees to software devs.

also, iphone has supported USB-tethering for many years.

maybe its time you try using an iphone instead of just complaining about them?
  • Reply 40 of 107
    drewys808drewys808 Posts: 549member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Then you support fucking junk...

I agree...

...but a valid point (though off topic) is that I have a horrid time using OS X mail application using Gmail accounts. What's up with that? We shouldn't invalidate the desire for many to want to integrate gmail (& assoc. features) into our Apple devices.