Rumor: Samsung to take on Apple's iPhone 6 Plus with 5.5-inch 'Galaxy S6 Plus'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 102
    - - - - - - - - - - - >
    :\

Whoosh.

...since you are not mindlessly condemning Samsung/praising apple welcome to ridicule. I agree with you its silly to make an equivication to the newton and the note but then state its not taking in account the same argument with the Prada and the iPhone.

I like to consider if one subscribes to a form of ideology to make an arguement no matter how we redicules, they must be willing to accept when that exact form is used against them.
  • Reply 62 of 102
    vision33rvision33r Posts: 213member
    It's only stupid in the name because it is the iPhone 6 Plus that copied the success of the Note series. They should just announce the Note 5 already.

The Note Edge had the curve edge. So the next Note 5 should be similar to the Edge with 2 curve edges.
  • Reply 63 of 102
    sennen wrote: »

Only because they couldn't get decent battery life otherwise. And don't forget the shitty screens on those big phones.

Making things a different size isn't terribly innovative, most of the time.

Oh, and they still have those shitty screens, remember. 

Please tell me how the current Samsung screens are shitty. Have you used one for more then ten seconds at a best buy when you were searching for fualts with it
  • Reply 64 of 102
    plaxyplaxy Posts: 1member
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus_id5372

How about a little research before accusing someone of copying samsungs been using the Plus moniker for there larger versions of there device for years.

So bassically apple copied samsung here and samsung continues there trend that they have done for the last 4 years.
  • Reply 65 of 102
    joelsalt wrote: »

Also remember that Samsung has bigger phones first
    Anybody can make a big phone.
  • Reply 66 of 102
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Buzz off.

You're being too polite.

• Reply 67 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by milkmage View Post

I love the Beard

http://www.loopinsight.com/2015/06/02/samsungs-new-ad-what-the-****

I wonder how many seizures this will cause? :err:

I got a Caesar out of it ... it hurt my ears and gave me a stabbing back pain ...

• Reply 68 of 102
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    I wonder if the salespitch/slogan will be "Kind of like an iPhone, but for cheaper people"
  • Reply 69 of 102

I didnt see that coming...

It looks like Samsung still cant get why the majority of the people that buy flagship phones, prefer Apple...

• Reply 70 of 102
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member

I got a Caesar out of it ... it hurt my ears and gave me a stabbing back pain ...

Either quit putting the salad fork in your ear... or get up from the slot machine, walk around and stretch. :smokey:
  • Reply 71 of 102
    cd abcd ab Posts: 1member
    Why so many morons here?? Samsung has been putting "plus" for a long time.

EX) Galaxy s2 Plus, Galaxy tab 7.0 Plus
  • Reply 72 of 102

Samsung....... just release the Note 5 and call it a day.  No need for this and no need to ruin already pretty successful Note line. 

• Reply 73 of 102
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolay Iliev View Post

I didnt see that coming...

It looks like Samsung still cant get why the majority of the people that buy flagship phones, prefer Apple...

What the hell is so great about Apple? Samsung galaxy 6 Edge is a flagship phone.

• Reply 74 of 102
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    I said before and saying now. Sammy knows better to copy Apple and survive than do on it's own and becomes blackberry.
  • Reply 75 of 102
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Would that be in the same sense that Apple "copied" the LG Prada?

LG Prada? LOL. Welcome to 2007 troll argument.
  • Reply 76 of 102
    marvfox wrote: »

What the hell is so great about Apple? Samsung galaxy 6 Edge is a flagship phone.

Then why it didn't sell that well? And if Apple's not great, then why are you here?
  • Reply 77 of 102
    ...since you are not mindlessly condemning Samsung/praising apple welcome to ridicule. I agree with you its silly to make an equivication to the newton and the note but then state its not taking in account the same argument with the Prada and the iPhone.

Well, the Newton proved that having a stylus isn't that innovative some idiots think it is. Apple had it since before Steve arrived. What exactly did LG Prada prove about iPhone?
  • Reply 78 of 102
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Durandal1707 View Post

The Galaxy Note series has been out for years, well before the iPhone 6+ I might add. What exactly is Samsung "copying" here? Putting the word "Plus" in the name?

(assuming this rumor is even true, which I kind of doubt — the Galaxy Note has too much name recognition to just dump like that)

If Samsung were to use the word 'plus' as part of the naming of a future phone, they would of course have to be copying Apple, as no way would Samsung ever have thought to use the word 'plus' unless Apple pioneered such an incredibly innovative naming convention.

Quote:

Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus

Samsung

Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus MORE PICTURES

Also known as Samsung Galaxy S 2011 Edition

Samsung GALAXY TAb 7.0 Plus

Screen images simulated. @ 2011. Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500Announced 2012, January

Samsung N150 Plus Review

By K.T. Bradford | June 16, 2010

Samsung Galaxy S II Plus Review

Posted: 16 Apr 2013

In war, truth is the first casualty. - Aeschylus

• Reply 79 of 102
    matrix07 wrote: »
    Well, the Newton proved that having a stylus isn't that innovative some idiots think it is. Apple had it since before Steve arrived. What exactly did LG Prada prove about iPhone?

That the capacitive touch screen was not that innovative. I am basically showing how throwing the Prada out is the same thing as throwing the Newton out.

Its 2015 who cares who came first both sides are guilty of borrowing from the competition. At this point I care more of what the next great product is rather then who copied who.
  • Reply 80 of 102
    That the capacitive touch screen was not that innovative.

Capacitive touchscreen? LOL. Tell that to normal people on the street, what do you think you would get?

You are so reaching. If iPhone was only innovative because of touchscreen Google wouldn't scrap everything to copy it. No. The point stands. Anyone can make a phone with a stylus or a touch screen. Innovation is way more than that.