Everything you need to know before preordering Apple's iPhone 6s tonight

Comments

• Reply 61 of 85
    You don't have to go around telling the world that you're rich. You're getting two 6s+s and two 6s's? I almost cried when I read this, because I don't get any shit and here you are calmly stating that you're better than anyone else. I'm sorry but the iPad pro took it too far also. It's great that you're ordering these amazing devices, but it doesn't mean you can go around bragging. Please.
  • Reply 62 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Just send me $675 USD in small bills and I'll take care of it for you. No problem!
    Trust me.

Sure Macky! Just PM your address, phone number, what times you are at home, who all live with you, what times they are there at home and whether you have a dog and/ or any other tame/ wild animal!

• Reply 63 of 85
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

4 minutes to go and I am still thinking about color.  Aaaahhhh!

• Reply 64 of 85
    chadbag wrote: »
    It looks better in the photos and promotional videos. I just left an Apple Store that has the Apple Watch in Rose Gold on display and it is too pink. Space gray for me this time. Time for a change from Gold.

Dang it.  This Rose Gold thing keeps gnawing at me.    I don't care if it looks pink.  It is Rose Gold -- metallic and nice looking :-)

If I don't like it I can put an Apple leather case on it or return it within the return period

2 hours to go.

I am thinking of it as rosé champagne. Somehow sounds better than 'pink'...?
  • Reply 65 of 85

So it is done.

128GB 6S plus

Rose Gold

AT&T

9/25 delivery

I almost had a heart attack when it was asking me to confirm the security code of my card and I had to run upstairs and get it to make sure I remembered it correctly.

My business card is not Apple Pay compatible (was not last time I tried to add at least IIRC) so I had use my Apple Store/iTunes saved CC

• Reply 66 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That's the spirit

Apple store is late again

• Reply 67 of 85

So now AT&T is charging an "upgrade fee" of $15.  Beats the $40 activation fee (using AT&T Next 18) but still I don't remember that last year.

sucks

• Reply 68 of 85

That's the spirit

Apple store is late again

The utterly shallow and impatient person that I am, the 128GB rosé champagne 6s ATT Next 18 is preordered and promised for September 25. :D

(For some reason, it said that ApplePay and store pickup were not options.....)
  • Reply 69 of 85
    Apple forever option, which is the newest edition isn't an option in their app
  • Reply 70 of 85
    Quote:

The utterly shallow and impatient person that I am, the 128GB rosé champagne 6s ATT Next 18 is preordered and promised for September 25. image

(For some reason, it said that ApplePay and store pickup were not options.....)

It asked me if I wanted to use ApplePay in the iOS Apple Store app when I checked out.  But I said no as my company card is not registered.  It did say no  in store pickup but I think was allowing a store reservation but I glossed over that part.

I thought you wanted to use your Discover once the 10% thing comes into play in store?

Good thing is I get 5  Chase UR points (which is 5%) with every monthly payment I make on this puppy...

• Reply 71 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post

If I am already enrolled in the AT&T NEXT program, and had my phone since last year, how do I upgrade and enroll in the new Apple upgrade program? Thanks.

May have to pay off your AT&T Next financed phone first as they will probably check eligibility at the Apple Store when you go in.  You can pay it off online at attwireless.com .  I paid mine off last night so I could get a new one on AT&T Next tonight.

• Reply 72 of 85

I thought you wanted to use your Discover once the 10% thing comes into play in store?

Good recollection! That was the original plan. And that's why I added the qualifiers 'shallow and impatient.' Also, I figured I could always cancel this and do a store reservation/pickup depending on how the wait times develop by 9/16 (the first date that the Discover card can be used).

Interestingly, no email order confirmation yet, so I got a bit worried and checked my account: it does show the order. Whew.
  • Reply 73 of 85
    Quote:

Good recollection! That was the original plan. And that's why I added the qualifiers 'shallow and impatient.' Also, I figured I could always cancel this and do a store reservation/pickup depending on how the wait times develop by 9/16 (the first date that the Discover card can be used).

Interestingly, no email order confirmation yet, so I got a bit worried and checked my account: it does show the order. Whew.

I got the email confirmation a few minutes later.  However, I have had previous orders (not just on iPhone pre order day too) where the email confirmation took 30 or more minutes to finally show up.   As long as it shows in your orders you should be good :)

Got to get to bed.  1:30am here and the kids have a swim meet where they have to be in the water at 9:30, and then my boys band plays at some sort of festival after lunch...

• Reply 74 of 85

Mmm ...

I woke up (I think it is my iPhone subconscious) -- so I thought I'd see how it is going (I don't plan on ordering until the 26th).

Well, in the SF East Bay Area, the Apple store is not up -- and I don't want to awaken my daughter (We have an ATT Family Plan under her account).

So how fast/smooth was the order process?
  • Reply 75 of 85
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Mmm ...

I woke up (I think it is my iPhone subconscious) -- so I thought I'd see how it is going (I don't plan on ordering until the 26th).

Well, in the SF East Bay Area, the Apple store is not up -- and I don't want to awaken my daughter (We have an ATT Family Plan under her account).

Using the iOS app it was trivially easy. Five minutes tops. Granted I used Apple pay with Touch I. D. so it wasn't limited by my lousy typing skills and I'd preloaded the "remember me" info. 3:05 in, 3:10 done and confirmation from AMEX and Apple in hand.

ETA: AT&T
  • Reply 76 of 85
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    Mmm ...

Using the iOS app it was trivially easy. Five minutes tops. Granted I used Apple pay with Touch I. D. so it wasn't limited by my lousy typing skills and I'd preloaded the "remember me" info.

Which carrier?
  • Reply 77 of 85
    A low cost Iphone case is available in Amazon. I have been using it for 2 years. It is perfectly fit for Iphone 6 plus cover and easy access of all the phone device. This ultra thin flip case specially designed for Apple Iphone 6plus.
    http://goo.gl/H9ovIN
  • Reply 78 of 85

Done. Looks like they have enough supplies. I was able to "Reserve" 3 phones in two different transactions (To get to reserve, you have to select the option that you want to pay in full). They gave me time slot choices for September 25th - Plenty of them. I already got confirmation email and it said that I had option to buy using new Apple iPhone Upgrade plan. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

For people living in East Bay Area, CA - Looks like Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton has lots.

I did buy it using the Apple Store App - Except for the confusion, it was smooth sailing.

• Reply 79 of 85

Now that I have got my phone reserved, I do have a question for folks here - Since I am getting the UnLocked phone using Apple iPhone Upgrade, why do I have to pick who my carrier is? In past even if I had AT&T phone and it was unlocked, I couldn't take it over to Verizon (because it is CDMA) - Apparently, even internally all the phones were same, the carrier were making it hard to cross over the carrier (AT&T is very notorious about that). Is the Apple unlocked phone really carrier agnostic and would I be able to switch over from AT&T to Verizon? Would I be able to use it overseas also? 

• Reply 80 of 85
    Well ...

I was weak!

Friday, my youngest grandson said he wanted to buy (and pay for) a Gold iPhone 6S G4GB -- he always gets the oldest hand-me-down.

I convinced him to wait until the 26th -- to get the Apple Upgrade financing and possibly qualify for the Discover ApplePay additional 10% discount ...

He agreed to give up bragging rights as first kid on the block, so we were good.

Well, I ordered through the Mac Apple Store and chose ATT financing -- got a 9/25 delivery date.

I have a few days to leisurely change my mind.

I will also replace my iPhone 6 Plus, but it has iOS 9 beta software and has a serial# that qualifies for the camera update.

I'm in no hurry for the iPhone 6S Plus -- I'm really anxious for the AppleTV and the iPad Pro, though ...

So, I'll take my time on the iPhone 6 Plus upgrade, until things settle down.