Apple's renowned attention to detail led designers to fret over the sound of sliding new Magic Mouse

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 121
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    K Dub said:
    Having to place the mouse on its back to charge, is dumber than dumb. Here's a dumbass question: how hard would it have been for Apple to put the Lightening port on the front, so that when you had to charge the mouse, you could also use it? Steve Jobs said: design is not how things look, but how things work.
    I couldn't agree more. It is funny how the Apple fanboys fawn over Apple design, but the minute you point out a flaw, they fall back on reflexive comments like "that wouldn't work, or they would have done it" or my favorite "First world problems"! Good design doesn't need to solve world hunger to be worthwhile. This IS a design flaw. I totally had the exact same thought - this would be much better if it could be used while charging. The mouse would look no more "ugly" being charged while in use as it does lying on its back, useless. And when it runs out of juice and is unusable, it IS a big inconvenience. Life-altering? No. Frustrating? Yes. Fixable? Totally.
    This is an October 2015 story. WHY ARE YOU COMMENTING ON A STORY THAT HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE 2015?