Apple to pay Italy $348M, sign accord to circumvent allegations of unpaid taxes

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    sog35 said:
    sacto joe said:

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than use it to display your total ignorance here? You have zero idea of what Tim Cook or anyone at Apple is doing or why. IOW, all you've done is express your unsubstantiated opinion, over and over ad nauseum, replete with all caps and excessive profanity.

You need to get a life, dude.
    WTF are you talking about.

Tim Cook himself said Apple is not a hardware company.
    Yet Wall Street and investors still view Apple as a hardware company.

That is a FAILURE on Cooks part not being able to convience Wall Street of Apple's vision as a ecosystem/lifestyle company. Its 100% on Cook.

If Wall Street/Investors believed Apple was a ecosystem company it would be worth over a TRILLION DOLLARS right now.
    When did Timothy Cook say Apple isn't a hardware company lol?
  • Reply 82 of 88
    wizard69 said:

My god man, you are completely off the rails here. Apple is the iPhone company, everything they currently are is a direct result of the success of iPhone. The problem is if you are a one horse business and that horse gets sick you are screwed! Wall Street is absolutely correct in their appraisal of Apple, investing in Apple is a big gamble that depends upon them continuing to achieve mindshare with iPhone. If you look rationally at what has happened to most of the other cell phone companies you should see why Apple is such a gamble, everything about Apple right now depends upon Apple being able to continue success with iPhone. If iPhone slips all of that ecosystem goes with it.

If anything Apple has been over valued in the financial world. Until they can come up with an income stream not tied to iPhone, that is a significant proportion of earnings, they will be vulnerable. That Wall Street can see what you can't see is more a problem with you not Apple, not Tim Cook and certainly not Wall Street. Apple is a massive gamble that requires that iPhine remain on the top of the heap for the foreseeable future.
     Finally someone with common sense spoke up.
    People keep complaining about Goog/Amazn, but fail to realize that for Apple, all revenue sources are tied to iPhone/ipad. If sells of those HW items gets down, all other will get impacted automatically including Music or iPay or AppleTV or anything else in echo system.
    Besides all analyst knows that smart phones in general have reached saturation point.
    If not in 2016(very likely), We will see first year over year decline in sales in 2017.(For both Apple and Android in general)
    That is how Apple is priced right now.
    What Apple needs to do is show something outside iPhone echo system to get higher PEG ratio.
    edited December 2015
  • Reply 83 of 88
    sog35 said:
    This is pathetic.

Google is now worth $545 billion.
    Google holds $60 billion in net cash.
    So taking out cash Google is worth $485 billion.

Apple is now worth $600 billion.
    Apple holds $140 billion in net cash.
    So taking out cash Apple is worth $460 billion.

FUCKING Google is worth more than Apple right now.
    FUCKING joke Tim Cook.

Google will make $18 billion in profits.
    Apple made $54 billion in profits.

Apple makes 300% more profit than Google yet is worth less.
    What a FUCKING UTTER FAILURE by Tim Cook.

If your so unhappy sell your stock and go some where else, I am sick and tired of reading your shit!!!
  • Reply 84 of 88
    ac1234ac1234 Posts: 138member
    When did Timothy Cook say Apple isn't a hardware company lol?
    Perhaps you should do more reading...

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/12/tim-cook-talks-up-apple-software-and-services-we-are-not-a-hardware-company/
  • Reply 85 of 88
    ac1234ac1234 Posts: 138member
    mwhite said:
    sog35 said:

If your so unhappy sell your stock and go some where else, I am sick and tired of reading your shit!!!
    Than why do you read it and comment on it?
  • Reply 86 of 88
    I think the only real reason for Apple stock being undervalued despite the company outperforming in terms of revenue and profit growth is because of the Steve Jobs legacy. People are still waiting for that breakthrough product release (post Steve Jobs oversight) that will sell in droves. I think the fear investors have is that one quarter of negative growth will tank the stock and impact them. A breakthrough product on the other hand puts to rest the fact that things have finally moved after Steve Jobs. I am not saying that products released in the past couple of years are not innovative, however, they have not been disruptive either.
    It's unlikely we'll see such a breakthrough since Steve was uniquely qualified and positioned. We're more likely to see breakthroughs from smaller startups with owners who are willing and able to risk everything.

I agree with your comments to a large extent, but let's not also forget the huge cashpile they are sitting on. Puts them in a unique position to come up with the next big thing.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    It's unlikely we'll see such a breakthrough since Steve was uniquely qualified and positioned. We're more likely to see breakthroughs from smaller startups with owners who are willing and able to risk everything.

I agree with your comments to a large extent, but let's not also forget the huge cashpile they are sitting on. Puts them in a unique position to come up with the next big thing.
    Money isn't the relevant factor. Commitment and focus are far more important to innovation and invention.