How the UK's Brexit vote to leave Europe affects Apple

1101112131416»

Comments

• Reply 301 of 314
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    so you dont know then.
    Watch Brexit: The Movie. It’s not my job to hold your hand when you enter a discussion you know nothing about.
    You said the the EU was undemocratic but can't substantiate that claim. 
    It's ok to say you don't know or are unsure!
  • Reply 302 of 314
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    crowley said:
    What’s your fucking point? Do you ever have one? How stupid would someone have to be to think that arguing both sides of an argument is stating both that democracy is evil and an example of a totalitarian bureaucracy is undemocratic? You’re not stupid, so you can’t possibly be saying anything like that, but then we’re left with no reason to be posting that.

crowley said:
    That film that was "blocked"?  Who know nothing about the discussion?
    You. And him, by the way. Watch the goddamn film, coward. The EU is undemocratic by design and always has been. There are simply not just two choices–democracy and totalitarianism–available.
  • Reply 303 of 314
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    What’s your fucking point? Do you ever have one? How stupid would someone have to be to think that arguing both sides of an argument is stating both that democracy is evil and an example of a totalitarian bureaucracy is undemocratic? You’re not stupid, so you can’t possibly be saying anything like that, but then we’re left with no reason to be posting that.

crowley said: You. And him, by the way. Watch the goddamn film, coward. The EU is undemocratic by design and always has been. There are simply not just two choices–democracy and totalitarianism–available.
    I can't, it's been blocked.  Someone told me, and they're never wrong.

Why are you complaining and being snide about the EU's democracy if democracy is so evil?  What's your fucking point?
    singularity
  • Reply 304 of 314
    crowley said:
    Someone told me, and they're never wrong.
    There’s your problem. You believe in the infallibility of man.
    Why are you complaining and being snide about the EU's democracy if democracy is so evil?
    It’s called ‘not wanting lies to be spread’. Moral relativists can’t comprehend this.
  • Reply 305 of 314
    crowley said:
    Someone told me, and they're never wrong.
    There’s your problem. You believe in the infallibility of man.
    It’s called ‘not wanting lies to be spread’. Moral relativists can’t comprehend this.
    I'm pretty sure even you, the master of willful contradiction, don't believe either of these things. So why are you deliberately making yourself look stupid?
    singularity
  • Reply 306 of 314
    crowley said:
    I'm pretty sure even you, the master of willful contradiction, don't believe either of these things.
    You got me. I don’t believe in truth.

Makes those sentences a bit problematic, though, doesn’t it?
  • Reply 307 of 314
    crowley said:

crowley said: You. And him, by the way. Watch the goddamn film, coward. The EU is undemocratic by design and always has been. There are simply not just two choices–democracy and totalitarianism–available.
    So your argument is the EU is undemocratic because a film said so. Well that's me convinced! Phew thanks for that!!
    mobius
  • Reply 308 of 314

So your argument is the EU is undemocratic because a film said so. Well that's me convinced! Phew thanks for that!!
    You should watch it, it's a riot. Kelvin Mackenzie frothing at the mouth about the injustice of it all entertains me no end.
    mobius
  • Reply 309 of 314
    crowley said:
    You should watch it, it's a riot. Kelvin Mackenzie frothing at the mouth about the injustice of it all entertains me no end.
    I have and if people take that as conclusive proof then I have some magic beans to sell them.
    mobius
  • Reply 310 of 314
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    One of the funniest post-Brexit moments was getting into a discussion with a "Leave" voter who then proceeded to tell me that the EU was fundamentally undemocratic because he didn't recall ever having voted on anything. 

I was incredulous. This fecking MORON voted "Leave" because "Undemocratic!" and was completely ignorant of the fact that he'd been able to directly elect the EU parliament since 1979! 

The problem with democracy is that it depends upon citizens taking responsibility and edumacating themselves. What happens otherwise is idiocracy — which is not just a movie, but American dystopia. 

Relevant reading:

NY Times: The EU Is Democratic; It Just Doesn't Feel That Way.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/world/europe/the-eu-is-democratic-it-just-doesnt-feel-that-way.html?_r=0
    singularitymobius
  • Reply 311 of 314
    Thanks for admitting that you are wrong about your claims.

edited July 2016
  • Reply 312 of 314
     :D :D :D

singularity
  • Reply 313 of 314

Of course I'm wrong. Your persuasive argument backed up by unimpeachable evidence has convinced me you are the Oracle of truth, the new messiah and quite possibly the kwisatz haderach¡
    mobius
  • Reply 314 of 314
    Of course I'm wrong. Your persuasive argument backed up by unimpeachable evidence has convinced me you are the Oracle of truth, the new messiah and quite possibly the kwisatz haderach¡