New Apple 9.7-inch iPad aimed squarely at iPad 2 owners looking to affordably upgrade

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    RudySnow said:
    I didn't call for Apple to continue supporting 32-bit apps. I said quite clearly that I am keeping an older iPad so I can continue to use 32-bit apps that I want. Now go take your meds.
    You don't know what you wrote? It's not me that needs meds.

RudySnow said:
    After beta-testing 10.3 and identifying apps that will no,longer work on iOS11+, I offloaded those apps to my iPad 2. Therefore, I absolutely refuse to upgrade my iPad 2 unless future iOS updates support 32-bit apps that *I* consider essential. If Apple wants me to upgrade, support legacy apps that either are "phantomware" or "abandoned" as 32-bit apps or my iPad 2 will remain in my home. Period.
    Well, it's pretty obvious that you did indeed say that you want Apple to continue supporting 32 bit apps. Do you read what you write? Post 61.
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 62 of 64
    RudySnowRudySnow Posts: 4unconfirmed, member
    "Unless Apple supports 32-bit apps" is clearly NOt the same as same as "wanting" Apple to support 32-bit apps. The point is I am keeping my iPad 2 because Apple is hinting at not supporting 32-bit apps in future iOS releases. Get it now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Reply 63 of 64
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    eightzero said:

cornchip said:

No reason to wait anymore

The only reason at this point to hang on to an older iPad is because you already own the older one. 

The iPad 2 and 3 just aren't safe anymore, and the iPad 4 isn't far behind.
    Or, you know, they just don't have the 4-800 to spend on upgrading iPads when the 2&4 are still going pretty strong. Maybe 4-800 could be better spent on, oh I don't know, a lawnmower, repairing car transmission, painting the house, getting new blinds & curtains to replace the shitty broken Venetian blinds that make it look like a crack house, perhaps a book shelf or three so we can stop keeping all our books in cardboard boxes... shall I continue?
    It can be argued that if the house is in that bad shape, then the iPad 2-4 should have been sold long ago to facilitate the above.
    It could be argued. But the point was that when to spend money and on what is a personal value judgment. "No reason to wait anymore" is pejorative and misplaced. 

That said, Apple has not generally marketed its products to those who don't value paying top dollar for what is purported to be a "premium" product. 
    Thank you. The iPad 4 I use for work on products that, in all likelihood, people in this forum will be purchasing at some point. So selling it is a total no-go. My wife sorta uses her iPad 2 (not iPad AIR2) hourly, and suggesting that selling it for the $25-50 we'd get out of it would make a meaningful dent in our other life expenses vs the value it still provides is a little presumptuous. I don't mind paying top dollar for products that are worth it (which is why I have all apple products) , but it's been a crazy year & a half.