Huge lineup of new 2019 iPhone & Apple Watch models revealed by regulatory filings [u]

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited August 2019
Apple's fall lineup of products spanning iOS, watchOS, and macOS devices have been spotted in a large filing made with the Eurasian Economic Commission.

Tim Cook at the 2018 iPhone release event
Tim Cook at the 2018 iPhone release event

The new filings with the EEC found by AppleInsider are all registered to Apple as devices running macOS 10.15, iOS 13, and watchOS 6.

2019 Apple Watch

Starting with watchOS 6, there are twelve models. They span two listings, with one listing models A1975, A1976, A2007, A2008, A2156, and A2157. The second has six designated as A1858, A1859, A1977, A1978, A2092, and A2093.

Models A1975, A1976, A1977, A1978, A2007, and A2008 are models that are already shipping to consumers.

The remaining Apple Watch model numbers are
  • A2156
  • A2157
  • A2092
  • A2093
It isn't yet clear if there will be an "Apple Watch Series 5" or if these new model numbers are just for new materials. Setup screens have identified new ceramic and titanium models for the Apple Watch, but there hasn't been much in the way rumors for the 2019 Apple Watch beyond those new materials.

2019 Mac

The Mac has 11 products listed, labeled as A1466, A1932, A1989, A1990, A2141, A2147, A2158, A2159, A2179, A2182, and A2251. Seven of these are from June 13, and repeated here to renew the certification. Models A1466, A1932, A1989, and A1990 are are already-released products.

As a general rule, the EEC filings only include portable products, but we have seen the iMac and the Mac mini crop up from time to time. Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pro lineup and the MacBook Air have already been refreshed in 2019.

The most prevalent Mac product rumored for a fall release is a 16-inch MacBook Pro.

2019 iPhone

There are two listings filed under iOS 13, with two products in one listing labeled as A1574 and the other as A2178. It isn't clear at present why these are discrete from the larger second listing. Previous listings have specified "iPad OS" and "tvOS" as categories, with five models spotted in July, so they are unlikely to be new iPads.

The second, and substantial, iOS 13 listing has 29 products, and are likely iPhones. They are labeled A1687, A1688, A1778, A1784, A1863, A1864, A1865, A1897, A1901, A1905, A1920, A1921, A1984, A2097, A2101, A2105, A2111, A2160, A2161, A2215, A2216, A2217, A2218, A2219, A2220, A2221, A2223, A2296, and A2298. Some of the list are repeats from May 23, likely refreshed for an imminent release, and some are already-released products.

The new iOS device model numbers that the EEC has not previously reported, spanning both iOS listings revealed on Wednesday and previous submissions are:
  • A2068
  • A2111
  • A2160
  • A2161
  • A2197
  • A2197
  • A2198
  • A2198
  • A2200
  • A2215
  • A2216
  • A2217
  • A2218
  • A2219
  • A2220
  • A2221
  • A2223
  • A2228
  • A2230
  • A2232
  • A2296
  • A2298
The filing volume on Wednesday is greater than the one that ultimately had the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS max in 2018, with the older one having 21 models with some also refreshed in a similar fashion to Wednesday's post.

Apple's filing with the EEC on August 21
Apple's filing with the EEC on August 21

The filings with the EEC are legally required for devices to be sold with encryption-related elements in Russia and other countries, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan. While they do not provide specific details about devices, they do serve as an indicator of incoming changes to Apple's product lineup in the coming months.

Apple event on September 10?

Apple's reveal event is expected to be on September 10. There has been some speculation that there will be three iPhone models debuting at that event, and releasing simultaneously later in the month, with at least one of the models given the "Pro" tag. The range is thought to include one LCD iPhone and two OLED ones, and a recent render from a case manufacturer suggests a modification to the mute switch.

The new model is rumored to have a square camera cutout. The replacement for the iPhone XR is predicted to have two camera lenses, with the higher-end models having three, including a regular lens, a telephoto one and, new to the range, a wide-angle lens.

As well as the well-reported camera system, the higher-end new iPhones are expected to feature the ability to charge other devices. This is said to be similar to the functionality in the newly-announced Galaxy Note 10.

Reports by Ming-Chi Kuo and others, suggest that Apple will wait until the release of the September 2020 iPhones to introduce 5G, and at the same time it will reduce the size of the notch needed for Face ID.

August 21 at 1:03 P.M. Eastern time Edited with more detail on new versus already filed model numbers, and contextualization.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,904member
    Hope, new Macbook Pros with WiFi 6 are included in list.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 38
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,712member
    I love to see a mid tower Mac (semi-pro ... LOL). Kind of in line with the Dell XPS range.
    mobirddavgregwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 38
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    What are the columns with the dates? I take it the last column is filing date. No idea what the 8/23 column is. What is the column that ends in 2024? Is that the last date these items are expected to be available for sale?
    edited August 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 38
    boboliciousbobolicious Posts: 1,139member
    ...and so if one wants a new retail mac that can still run a more debugged macOS and 32 bit apps is time running out...? Will the iMac be locked down and T2'ed as well ?
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,837administrator
    razorpit said:
    What are the columns with the dates? I take it the last column is filing date. No idea what the 8/23 column is. What is the column that ends in 2024? Is that the last date these items are expected to be available for sale?
    We'll have a newer screen cap shortly, but that 2024 date is the end of the EEC certification period.
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 38
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    Is it safe to say that the 11 Mac models listed are presumably all iMacs? I.e., no refreshed Mini's?

Edit: I guess some models could be the rumoured 16-inch MBP.
    edited August 2019 SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 38
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,821member
    ...and so if one wants a new retail mac that can still run a more debugged macOS and 32 bit apps is time running out...? Will the iMac be locked down and T2'ed as well ?
    Dude get over it -- 64-bit is coming and they’re not going to pull a Microsoft and bend over backwards to support legacy dinosaurs.
    tmaykuraicornchipanomelollivermacplusplusfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 38
    Twelve models of watch? dang. That could mean…

aluminum, cellular and non cellular, 40 + 44 (4 models)
    titanium replacing steel, cellular and non cellular, 40 + 44 (4 models)
    ceramic, cellular and non cellular, 40 + 44 (4 models)

or

aluminum, cellular and non cellular, 40 + 44 (4 models)
    steel, cellular and non cellular, 40 + 44 (4 models)
    titanium, cellular, 40 + 44 (2 models)
    ceramic, cellular, 40 + 44 (2 models)

I was thinking titanium might replace steel, but the latter scenario seems a lot more likely
    kurairazorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 38
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 683member
    When are they going to put floppy drives back into Macs? Long overdue.

Oh, and a SCSI port. My SCSI drives are just sitting there.
    tmayStrangeDayscornchipdewmelolliverviclauyycwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 38
    GG1 said:
    Is it safe to say that the 11 Mac models listed are presumably all iMacs? I.e., no refreshed Mini's?

I have been holding off purchasing a new mac mini. I have been seeing price cuts all over the web.
    seanjwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,837administrator
    GG1 said:

it's hard to tell. The EEC generally only requires portable machines to be registered, but we've seen the periodic iMac before. 
    kevin keewatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 38
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    “Today we’re proud to announce... we fired Jony Ive and fixed the keyboards on all MacBook and MacBook Pro computers...”
    avon b7davgregrazorpitviclauyyc
  • Reply 13 of 38
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Dude get over it -- 64-bit is coming and they’re not going to pull a Microsoft and bend over backwards to support legacy dinosaurs.
    Always on the attack. 
  • Reply 14 of 38
    jdiamondjdiamond Posts: 121member
    Uhhhh.... they've been doing that since 206, with zero cost. There's no reason they can't release a software emulator to help out users who need certain older programs. Many programs are still being released today in 32-bit, for no understandable reason.
    zoetmb
  • Reply 15 of 38
    jdiamondjdiamond Posts: 121member
    Edit: 2006. :)
  • Reply 16 of 38
    keithwkeithw Posts: 140member
    jdiamond said:

Uhhhh.... they've been doing that since 206, with zero cost. There's no reason they can't release a software emulator to help out users who need certain older programs. Many programs are still being released today in 32-bit, for no understandable reason.
    The current version of Parallels runs the current (and previous versions) of Mac OS just fine, including a new feature to support the full screen.
    kuraifastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 38
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    GG1 said:

I have been holding off purchasing a new mac mini. I have been seeing price cuts all over the web.
    A refresh in less than a year?  Has that happened before.. I am thinking of a new mini myself. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 38
    spice-boy said:
    Always on the attack. 
    Which part is an attack? Apple isn't going to pull a Microsoft and continue supporting old, legacy software. They announced it long ago and everyone knows it's coming. They won't bloat the OS just to keep support for old programs abandoned by developers. The time has come. The future calls.
    edited August 2019 roundaboutnowshark5150lollivermacpluspluswatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 38

jdiamond said:
    Again.... Apple isn't going to keep 32-bit support forever to enable developers who are too lazy to update their apps, or even outright abandoned them. It isn't Apple's job to keep additional instruction set support around indefinitely because devs aren't supporting their users properly. 
    cornchiproundaboutnowlollivermacplusplusfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 38
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    jcs2305 said:
    GG1 said:

A refresh in less than a year?  Has that happened before.. I am thinking of a new mini myself. 
     The first two Mac mini updates were indeed less than one year each, but the rest of the updates were multiple years each. 
    watto_cobra