Dancing in the streets?

Comments

• Reply 101 of 274
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

Essentially, anything bad that happens in the world, shall be directly blamed on the US.

Essentially, anything bad that the U.S. does they should be held responsible for.

Whatever happened to that die hard conservative 'responsibility' I always hear about?
  • Reply 102 of 274
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Screw it. I'm in a happy, feisty mood today. I'll give it a go:

So am I. I only called Bush stupid to wind up Fellowship, but what the hey.

Quote:

Funny, I've always been able to get and understand exactly what he's talked about. When I think "inarticulate", I tend to think of mush-mouthed pinheads like Al Sharpton and Eminem.

I respect someone who believes what he says: how could I not? It's WHAT the guy says that's worrying. I don't know enough about Al Sharpton to comment, but Eminem is STAGGERINGLY articulate. Not a massive fan of his music, but Hades, that man has an amazing grasp of the English language. He's the very definition of 'articulate'! Rhymes upon rhymes the man has.

Oh, gotta go.

Gotta go. Must meet my ladyfriend.
  • Reply 103 of 274
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Fair enough. Have fun.

Although, I tend not to look to rappers for staggering displays of wordsmanship. But that might be where I'm going wrong?

• Reply 104 of 274
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Anyway, you're a moron. Jesus loves everyone but you Fellowship.

That's a low blow, and I hate to admit it, but it has me laughing out loud. Sorry Fellowship, I mean you no harm.
  • Reply 105 of 274
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'll dance to this.

• Reply 106 of 274
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Essentially, anything bad that the U.S. does they should be held responsible for.

Whatever happened to that die hard conservative 'responsibility' I always hear about?

Perhaps if others were held to their responsibilities as much as the US is, then singling out the US time and again for all the worlds badness wouldn't be as much fun.

Face it, no matter how you try and spin it so that the US is to blame for Iraqi deaths, whether though sanctions, war or Saddam's reign of terror, in the end the truth of the matter is that Saddam hold's the primary and overwhelming responsibility for the deaths.
  • Reply 107 of 274
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'll dance to this.

Oh God that's hilarious.

Those look like tough guys, too.

\
  • Reply 108 of 274
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

...in the end the truth of the matter is that Saddam hold's the primary and overwhelming responsibility for the deaths.

Yes. No matter what the U.S. does, it's Saddam's fault.
  • Reply 109 of 274
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Oh God that's hilarious.

How is THAT hilarious? Two Iraqi citizens, who cannot read the Roman alphabet, let alone understand English, are forced, at gunpoint, to wave around a banner given to them by some redneck-asshole Uncle Sam trooper. Haha. I'm having so much fun I actually crapped my pants.
  • Reply 110 of 274
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

How is THAT hilarious? Two Iraqi citizens, who cannot read the Roman alphabet, let alone understand English, are forced, at gunpoint, to wave around a banner given to them by some redneck-asshole Uncle Sam trooper. Haha. I'm having so much fun I actually crapped my pants.

How do you know they can't understand English? And are you saying they'll be shot by Americans unless they hold this sign? Why do you think that?

I admit that it has of less an impact if the banner was provided by US troops, but do you have any information that says that's the case? And BTW, "wankers" is not a common American term, which makes me believe it wasn't provided by American troops.
  • Reply 111 of 274
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Iraqis cannot read the Roman alphabet or understand English?

Who is the racist?
  • Reply 112 of 274
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    what is with Orange?

• Reply 113 of 274
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Iraqis cannot read the Roman alphabet or understand English?

Who is the racist?

I know you are, but what am I?
  • Reply 114 of 274
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

what is with Orange?

Orange is too middle-diddle for me. 8)
  • Reply 115 of 274
    pink?
  • Reply 116 of 274
    Quote:

pink?

uh-uh my wrists are way too rigid for that.
  • Reply 117 of 274
    so... we'll use red then, don't we?
  • Reply 118 of 274
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Now if I had said what der Kopf said about those two Iraqis, you would've strung me up.

But someone made a point: "wanker" is hardly a popular, common American expression.

If U.S. Marines or other American troops made that banner, they wouldn't be able to show it on TV.

In any case, the sign is hilarious. The human shields really did show their pluck, didn't they?

"No, I want to shield a hospital or daycare center. What? A military target? A power plant? I'm outta here! Hello, Mom? Listen, things didn't go quite as planned here in Baghdad...can you and Pop pick me up at the airport tomorrow morning?"

Translation: "I just play lip service to my convictions. Saying I'm a 'human shield' makes me look noble...and could very well get me laid if I play things right. I realize the term 'human shield' implies that I might stand in the way of evil, oppressive U.S. weaponry. However, after truly confronted with that fact, I quickly changed my underwear and hopped the next plane out. I only wanted this gig if it meant I could sit in a hospital lobby and read 'Entertainment Weekly' for a few days. Dying for my supposed beliefs? Haha...yeah, right. Fück no, pal. Bye...I'm London-bound! Classes start back next week."

• Reply 119 of 274
    Quote:

Now if I had said what der Kopf said about those two Iraqis, you would've strung me up.

But someone made a point: "wanker" is hardly a popular, common American expression.

If U.S. Marines or other American troops made that banner, they wouldn't be able to show it on TV.

In any case, the sign is hilarious. The human shields really did show their pluck, didn't they?

"No, I want to shield a hospital or daycare center. What? A military target? A power plant? I'm outta here! Hello, Mom? Listen, things didn't go quite as planned here in Baghdad...can you and Pop pick me up at the airport tomorrow morning?"

I sincerely believe that Americans did make that sign. Over here, the news showed human-shielders protesting vociferously against Americans troops in tanks. Holding signs, shouting about the horror they caused, the wounding, the suffering. I guess, for those troops, it took away a lot of the glory they thought they would be met with.

I wonder why you say that, if US troops would've made it, they wouldn't be able to show it.

Also, though wanker may not be the most American of English words, I have heard it here often, and not principally out of the mouths of our British brethren. (or are you, groverat?).
  • Reply 120 of 274
    Quote:

so... we'll use red then, don't we?

I could settle for that. Don't you like it?