New iPods

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Anybody notice they replaced the 1200 mAh 3.7V li-poly battery with a 630 mAh 3.7V li-ion one?

yes. that's why battery life is now 8 instead of 10 hours. that's also how they managed to cut the weight and thickness down.
  • Reply 82 of 89
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

And where would the SELECT button go? You've never really used an iPod, have you?

good point...well minor flaw in my plan but still coudl be solved some other way

either way the buttons at the top dont look nice i dont believe
  • Reply 83 of 89
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

well its a friend of mine....so testing will be fine I just want to make sure it will be possible

You can do it either way. Ive convertet my MAC iPod for use in Windows, and a store-bought Windows iPod for use with my MAC. You can download the software to format and reinstall the mac software somewhere on apple.com. But to format it for a PC, you have to buy the windows version, bacause it comes with a CD.

So if you have the software (The mac software is downloadable, and the PC software is on the windows iPod CD), you can convert any iPod wither way.

Not sure about the new once though, but i guess its the same...

..BoeManE:.
  • Reply 84 of 89
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

The new buttons don't look as classy. And it's more complex. But I can't deny that I am going to sell my 5 gig to get one.

Can it play AAC "plus", since that's supposed to be backward compatible?

and last but not least....

WHERE IS THE MIC?

Funny you mention the buttons. The first thing I noticed was how it looks less artistic and more like an appliance.

Microwave oven come to mind?

I did like the pure style of the old configuration but I welcome change none the less.

Fellowship
  • Reply 85 of 89
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    If I were one thinking of buying the new iPod I would wait as I suspect apple has a few tricks to add to this cool instrument. They know people are waiting to jump on this model but apple has to keep the suspense going by having a Christmas model that will do more...

Just pure speculation...

Fellowship
  • Reply 86 of 89
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I too have a problem with the row of buttons.

Does anyone know if they are in fact buttons where you need to depress them? Or are they solid state like the wheel where they work by simply touching them.

If they are solid state, could Apple not have simply kept the same design as the old one?

Perhaps it's because I'm used the old layout, but it just seems so much more intuitive not to mention aesthetically more pleasing.