Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 481 of 1071
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by marcsiry

I'm sure they use a content management system- which actually increases the chances of a mistake being made.

When you build a page "by hand," you can preview it in a browser and see what it all looks like together. Easier to catch problems that way.

When you use a content management system, you upload all the files "loose" to the staging server and then preview it online. It's a lot easier to miss mistakes unless you have a rigorous proofing system in place- a system that I presume has broken down under pressure these last couple of days.

ok i could be wrong with the fact that the images are built with the wrong font-style.

but:

modern content-management-systems provide the ability to have a preview by standard. (what can you do with web-objects?) also a company like apple for sure has an internal testserver (or two) with the same configuration as the online-servers. there they can preview and test as much as they need to. the process of bringing contents online should be made with a system that reflects the data from the last internal server to the ones in the web. these way you shouldn't be able to (accidently) put just one picture to the main server...

iSegway could be right -> planned!
  • Reply 482 of 1071
    redericrederic Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

It's also being reported at The Register and at Macworld (UK).

I think Apple has lost this one to the momentum of the internet. Somehow I feel a little sorry for Steve/Apple because I want them to get all the media-blitz they can in order to put a dent in the Wintel self-assured confidence.

Anyhoo, these boxes will float my boat for sure.

From The Register article:-

Something seems to be happening on the PowerBook front, at any rate. One reseller was told this week that his order for a number of 15in PowerBooks was cancelled by Apple, notification of which was appended with a comment that he should wait until Monday... ®

I'll have one of the new ones please
  • Reply 483 of 1071
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    never mind
  • Reply 484 of 1071
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RedEric

From The Register article:-

Something seems to be happening on the PowerBook front, at any rate. One reseller was told this week that his order for a number of 15in PowerBooks was cancelled by Apple, notification of which was appended with a comment that he should wait until Monday... ®

I'll have one of the new ones please

I called the Apple HE store last week and enquired about a 15"... they also told me to *cough*call back on the 23rd*cough*...
  • Reply 485 of 1071
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    Something just occured to me;

I'd still buy this new dual box if it were G4's. Seriously, I know everyone's hyped about the 970's but is would be interesting to know if an G4-class version of this box would "beat" an P4...just thinking.
  • Reply 486 of 1071

"OoooooooOOOOOOoooooooh! We are one."
  • Reply 487 of 1071
    zon7zon7 Posts: 41member
  • Reply 488 of 1071
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    The ONLY Mac web site it seems that doesn't link to this is Mac OS Rumors. Ryan Meader will evidently be on the street for another few days selling his body to support his crack habit.

A G4 box with all those features would not be faster. The G4 processor is data starved by an extremely crappy (for desktop use) 167MHz bus. Compare this to the ONE-FREAKIN'-GHZ bus in the new Macs and... you get the picture

Barto
  • Reply 490 of 1071
    Quote:

• Reply 491 of 1071
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zon7

lol mockup

Jobs praying

T-shirts

Now that is some funny $h1t.
  • Reply 492 of 1071
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    You know, I had to skip to the last page here FINALLY because you idjits keep posting faster than I can read! By the time I got to page 3 there were TWO NEW PAGES! Never seen a thread to that before in all my years at AI.

Amazing.

Amazing specs.

woof
  • Reply 493 of 1071
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    I say it was a controlled leak, to get more buzz going. Notice that no photo was realeased. Why the only specs... because to Apple, it's the looks more than the tech specs. that will set this thing apart. The tech specs are all mostly catch-up to the PC world.
  • Reply 494 of 1071
    I gotta p***...don't write anything while I'm gone.
  • Reply 495 of 1071
    Lemon Bon Bon - WAAAAKE UUUUUP!

Can't wait to hear your take on this

Oh Yeah! and where's JYD?
  • Reply 496 of 1071
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Someone at Apple has a sense of humor. Looks like they're just having some fun...... betcha we'll see a pic by Sunday night.

Damn, where's my Krispy Kreme?
  • Reply 497 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by pioneer01

Lemon Bon Bon - WAAAAKE UUUUUP!

Can't wait to hear your take on this

Oh Yeah! and where's JYD?

Where in Wales you from pioneer01???
  • Reply 498 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by clonenode

I say it was a controlled leak, to get more buzz going. Notice that no photo was realeased. Why the only specs... because to Apple, it's the looks more than the tech specs. that will set this thing apart. The tech specs are all mostly catch-up to the PC world.

How can a 1ghz bus speed be "catch up?"
  • Reply 499 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsukurite

ROTFL!

<OT>Is it riffling, rifling, or riffiling?</OT>

Riffling is a way that you shuffle cards, or quickly flip through a book. Rifling is to rummage through things (in a drawer), often leaving them messy. That other word is a strange construct of your mind.

Matthew
  • Reply 500 of 1071
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A giveaway that the G5 CPU pics posted here is phoney is that the displays are the same as they are now. There are reports of brand-new designs for the displays. Nice try.