Kobe Bryant charged with sexual assault-surprised?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 147
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i was thinking that too! maybe some teammates will hang out with him now. he's a notorious loner, and many of his teammates have thought he was a little "nancy".

My reading of that is simply jealousy. Heck, here's a guy who enters the NBA at 17 and within a matter of years, becomes one of the elite players. The old timers must resent some of that.

Perhaps he wasn't as "black" as his fellow team mates...but much of that has to do with his up bringing . I mean he speaks fluent Italian! How many "brothers" can speak another language...and ebonics don't count.

But in all seriousness, he's in deep sh*t, although I can't see him spending anytime in the can. They'll be more lenient on him than say some one like Mike Tyson.
  • Reply 22 of 147
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

My reading of that is simply jealousy. Heck, here's a guy who enters the NBA at 17 and within a matter of years, becomes one of the elite players. The old timers must resent some of that.

Perhaps he wasn't as "black" as his fellow team mates...but much of that has to do with his up bringing . I mean he speaks fluent Italian! How many "brothers" can speak another language...and ebonics don't count.

But in all seriousness, he's in deep sh*t, although I can't see him spending anytime in the can. They'll be more lenient on him than say some one like Mike Tyson.

oh no it wasn't them shunning him, it was the other way around, maybe it started because of his age, (he wasn't legal his first three years in the pros.) he's always stayed in his room.
  • Reply 23 of 147
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I don't see why this crap gets the press it does.

This stuff goes on in society all the time. Of course it is ugly but why should I waste a second of my time giving one ounce of care to each time some overpaid, overworshiped, person does something like this.

Pop culture is overrated.

Fellowship
  • Reply 24 of 147
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I don't see why this crap gets the press it does.

This stuff goes on in society all the time. Of course it is ugly but why should I waste a second of my time giving one ounce of care to each time some overpaid, overworshiped, person does something like this.

Pop culture is overrated.

Fellowship

pop culture is what it is, it can't be guided or led, what people talk about at the water cooler is what interests them.

i think president bush has been enjoying the days off from his controversy.
  • Reply 25 of 147
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Of course it is ugly but why should I waste a second of my time giving one ounce of care to each time some overpaid, overworshiped, person does something like this.

because then you take take extreme pleasure in watching that overpaid, overworshipped individual come crashing down to your own personal level of squallor, and feel better about what you haven't done with your life.
  • Reply 26 of 147
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

because then you take take extreme pleasure in watching that overpaid, overworshipped individual come crashing down to your own personal level of squallor, and feel better about what you haven't done with your life.

Well then, I guess this is why I can not relate.. I don't admire the clowns in the first place.

Fellows
  • Reply 27 of 147
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Well then, I guess this is why I can not relate.. I don't admire the clowns in the first place.

Fellows

well i think you can admire an athlete for the way he or she plays the game and the discipline he brings to his or her preparation for the game.

but anytime you extend those qualities in playing the game to the quality of his or her personal life you are making a big mistake.
  • Reply 28 of 147
    No way in hell he is convicted. Not gonna get 12 people to convict Kobe especially as these rumors about her being an NBA groupie and suffering a recent breakdown and trying out for American Idol all give the impression of an unstable but attention seeking drama queen. That is how it will be spun and Kobe ain't doin no time, guilty or not.

Someone bump this thread in a year and point out how much of an idiot I am if I turn out to be wrong.
  • Reply 29 of 147
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    So you all think I called it right in the first reply? Granted it wasn't too hard.
  • Reply 30 of 147
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So you all think I called it in the first reply? Granted it wasn't too hard.

no.
  • Reply 31 of 147
    Not surprised at all. The guy is a ****ing loser has and always will be. That stupid faggot should be locked up but since he bounces a ball nothing will happen to him.
  • Reply 32 of 147
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Verbal Assassin

Not surprised at all. The guy is a ****ing loser has and always will be. That stupid faggot should be locked up but since he bounces a ball nothing will happen to him.

If he's a "faggot" he should have no problem beating the rap. Maybe he kicked her out because he was expecting something else from her.
  • Reply 33 of 147
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Whee!

"Rape victim" is translated to "gold digging groupie whore" when an athlete is accused.

Oooh, she overdosed on pills. That must mean she would happily accuse someone of rape!

She tried out for American Idol, like thousands of other people across the nation. What an attention-seeking whore!

Kobe... he speaks Italian, he couldn't rape anyone!
  • Reply 34 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I'm personally very surprised by this. I wasn't aware that Mr. Bryant was running for political office. (aside:muzz, muzz, muzz)

I wonder what sort of advance his wife will get when she writes her memoirs about how strong she was to stay with him through this. I'm sure it will more than make up for any lost revenue from endorsements.

As for the accuser, I'm sure she will make a load of money as well.

Nick
  • Reply 35 of 147
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Verbal Assassin

Not surprised at all. The guy is a ****ing loser has and always will be.

pot

kettle

black
  • Reply 36 of 147
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Hmm, Kobe's got this going for him:

1) The chick's a cheerleader type

2) She has topless pics on the net

3) She has a pretty obvious boobjob

She's not particularly hot...he musta been piss-drunk if he forced himself on her!

He should be able to employ the Skanky Ho Defense.
  • Reply 37 of 147
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Hmm, Kobe's got this going for him:

1) The chick's a cheerleader type

2) She has topless pics on the net

3) She has a pretty obvious boobjob

She's not particularly hot...he musta been piss-drunk if he forced himself on her!

He should be able to employ the Skanky Ho Defense.

Topless pics? Oh really?
  • Reply 38 of 147
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Topless pics? Oh really?

Yea...search on Google should eventually net you some pics.

Also see this: http://msnbc.com/news/942322.asp
  • Reply 39 of 147
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    trumptman:

Quote:

As for the accuser, I'm sure she will make a load of money as well.

Like Desiree Washington?

I am absolutely shocked at your position here. SHOCKED!

--

Eugene:

If you want to believe the kid who did an interview with MSNBC and got a nice shot of himself framed by mountains on national news surely you believe her many other friends who claim to have seen "shocking" physical evidence of rape.

• Reply 40 of 147
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

trumptman:

Like Desiree Washington?

I am absolutely shocked at your position here. SHOCKED!

I guess you didn't see the tongue firmly in cheek. I mean I obviously posted such high opinions of Kobe and his wife which you choose not to quote.

I was relating it to how brave Hillary, the feminist was to tolerate such behavior from her "compassionate as long as they sit on his magic stick" feminist husband.

Nick