one hundred posters with more than 1000 posts

Comments

• Reply 61 of 87
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Hmm...rather interesting that the top ten post less frequently in AppleOutsider (not 100% sure, but just from what I've see).

I would have thought the highest counts would come from AO posters, since there's usually more spirited debates here.
  • Reply 62 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

is www.appleainsideranonymous.org free?

hi, i'm gia .. and i post in appleinsider.. \

It is, but than we would run into even more problems and have to go to an Apple Insider Anonymous Anonymous group. The post count problems would start up again, flames would get going, life would be back to normal. I see no way around this other than for people to accept their fate and hit that reply button again.
  • Reply 63 of 87
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Nice to know
  • Reply 64 of 87
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    well, how about registering that domain and putting it to be a forward to the alley .. and add some fancy hack to vbulletin to show all usernames in the alley as random numbers? if you were suddenly a 34677535667774 instead of [youruserhandle] it would sound a lot mroe fun .. and anonymous
  • Reply 65 of 87
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Man whatever happened to Junkyard Dawg. And Tigerwoods and Belle and Bodhi.

Definitely wish I could figure out what happened to Belle. She always had such solid arguments against an Apple Tablet (among many other great discussions). It's been almost a year since she last posted here.

Last I remember, she was getting up early in the morning to take her cancer meds. I'm afraid she lost the battle but have no way of knowing. Anybody with knowledge of Belle's whereabouts please let me know.

Escher
  • Reply 66 of 87
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Wow.

Have I mentioned that I'm a Liberian by birth, even though I've lived here at AI most of my life? I'm asking now for your assistance in getting back posts wrongfully stolen from my brother, who died in a plane crash.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 67 of 87
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Wow.

Have I mentioned that I'm a Liberian by birth, even though I've lived here at AI most of my life? I'm asking now for your assistance in getting back posts wrongfully stolen from my brother, who died in a plane crash.

Cheers

Scott

• Reply 68 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I was making a joke about spamming to up my post count.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 69 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

I was making a joke about spamming to up my post count.

Cheers

Scott

And you still increase your post count, silly spammer
  • Reply 70 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

And you still increase your post count, silly spammer

But seriously! I'm trying to help this guy I got an email from!
  • Reply 71 of 87
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

[snip]... Man whatever happened to Junkyard Dawg. And Tigerwoods and Belle and Bodhi. I miss them. Anyone remember JD's entrance to AI? We thought he was a troll.

Yeah, I sort of miss JYD myself. I also remember 68K and MaD ToOL (or however it was spelt)... pre black-out days.

Also, whatever happened to mulattabianca? Was that an old alias of yours, Giagaura?
  • Reply 72 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac+

Yeah, I sort of miss JYD myself. I also remember 68K and MaD ToOL (or however it was spelt)... pre black-out days.

Also, whatever happened to mulattabianca? Was that an old alias of yours, Giagaura?

May i suggest Giaguara to change her name again. What about Panthera ?
  • Reply 73 of 87
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    don't joke about the death.

the worst thing about joking about the death is that when someone spams their friedns.. you start getting tons of emails "help this kid that a friend of friend of friend of .. know, to get a new heart, donate yours" - people who have never heard about BCC: take those too seriously and just forward whatever spam is in the email that starts with touching words.

so, please don't joke about brothers who died in a plane accident .. unless you have a spare kidney for me or something.

anyway. i saw belle a few months ago somewhere, so she was still around. she had her reasons to not be here so often.

and i don't understand steve's logic with the feline OS's. cheetah is the technically fastests, then puma and so on.. so we are moving to slower and .. more robust cats. panther and jaguar are practically the same, thus being a giaguara = a panthera onca, no reason really to make me a Panthera. aww, what a pretty couple that would make though, Panther and Panthera ..
  • Reply 74 of 87
    But whit aboot a' those o' us long-term members wha might hae posted thoosands and thoosands o' times but couldnae think o' onything tae say? By oor very act o' refraining we may hae nipped monys a savage ootburst in the bud, stayed the worst excesses o' savage warlords, thwarted pestilence and doom and generally contributed tae global lot o' philanthropy.

I hereby claim a couple o' thoosand gallons worth o' virtual posts.
  • Reply 75 of 87
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Sir Mac, I'm glad you brought that up. Everyone here should recognize that it's not the number of posts you have, it's the quality. And I don't think posts get much better than the ones by Sir Mac o' the Isles.

• Reply 76 of 87
    Mr Rescigno...

Ye are uncommonly gracious and I thank ye. May your own grooviness flourish for monys a long year tae come.
  • Reply 77 of 87
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

anyway. i saw belle a few months ago somewhere, so she was still around. she had her reasons to not be here so often.

oh man! ah. I'm so happy. Yipeee!!!
  • Reply 78 of 87
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sir Mac has an uncanny power that most of us don't have: the ability to post something good every time he clicks the Submit Reply button. The sad fact is most of us have to post 8 or 9 times to produce one of those gems. In my case, more like every 20 posts. Meanwhile the Scottsman can't seem to avoid it.

He's only got 150-some posts that are humorous, insightful or otherwise useful to a discussion at large... and so do I. Only it took me 3100 tries to accumulate such a collection!

• Reply 79 of 87
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

He's only got 150-some posts that are humorous, insightful or otherwise useful to a discussion at large... and so do I.

Links?

• Reply 80 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Links?

search is not your enemy i always enjoy reading sir mac posts, and trying to (a) think of them with a scottish accent, and (ii) translate them to american. (+1 non-substantive posts for thuh Freak)