Bush Unbeatable?

Comments

• Reply 121 of 233
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    http://www.rescueamericanjobs.org/in...02_mfgjobs.pdf

2002's manufacturing jobs numbers.

Almost 1 million lost in one year. just in manufacturing.
  • Reply 122 of 233
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Bush Unbeatable?

If I had his wife I'd beat myself.
  • Reply 123 of 233
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

If I had his wife I'd beat myself.

first I'd beat her, then him, then myself
  • Reply 124 of 233
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    People might scoff at this because I'm a liberal, but I think Mrs. Bush is one of the finest first ladies we've had in a very long time.

Edit: I meant "fine" as in good, not "sexy".
  • Reply 125 of 233
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Dude you're high.

Is the population of the U.S. a static number?

If you could kindly show where I claimeed it was? I believe we are talking about net increase or decrease in jobs here. 3,000,000 jobs have not been lost. There are more persons employed now than in 2001. End of story.

Hello?
  • Reply 126 of 233
    And on the manufacturing link, I won't accept it. Link directly to the BLS itself, not a hand off from it. And manufacturing is in particularly good shape as a sector right now, so your data is useless anyway.

We are talking about the total number of jobs. That's all, and what you've been fed about 3,000,000 lost jobs is a total and undisputed lie.
  • Reply 127 of 233
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

http://www.rescueamericanjobs.org/in...02_mfgjobs.pdf

2002's manufacturing jobs numbers.

Almost 1 million lost in one year. just in manufacturing.

Chu jobs are not always "lost." There are also improvements in productivity which ends up requirin fewer jobs. We have a lot fewer people working in farming today than we did in the past. All those "lost" jobs just became a different type of work. We aren't starving due to the loss, the whole nation is obese. The nature of jobs changing isn't necessarily loss.

Nick
  • Reply 128 of 233
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

People might scoff at this because I'm a liberal, but I think Mrs. Bush is one of the finest first ladies we've had in a very long time.

Edit: I meant "fine" as in good, not "sexy".

We know what you mean you perv.

Nick
  • Reply 129 of 233
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

There are more persons employed now than in 2001. End of story.

Hello?

He must be high.

SDW, you try very hard to stretch the fabric of reality but it doesn't help.
  • Reply 130 of 233
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Chu jobs are not always "lost." There are also improvements in productivity which ends up requirin fewer jobs. We have a lot fewer people working in farming today than we did in the past. All those "lost" jobs just became a different type of work. We aren't starving due to the loss, the whole nation is obese. The nature of jobs changing isn't necessarily loss.

Nick

Nick,

Our nation has lost farming jobs. The good news is that most of those people were able to move to a city and find new work. That means that although we lost farm jobs, we didn't have a net loss of jobs in the entire job market.

Now though, with Bush, we have a net loss of jobs. That's bad. Manufacturing jobs have in fact been lost, and worse than that, they haven't been replaced.

That's bad.
  • Reply 131 of 233
    As long as dirt keeps showing up, Bush won't be unbeatable.
  • Reply 132 of 233
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Nick,

Our nation has lost farming jobs. The good news is that most of those people were able to move to a city and find new work. That means that although we lost farm jobs, we didn't have a net loss of jobs in the entire job market.

Now though, with Bush, we have a net loss of jobs. That's bad. Manufacturing jobs have in fact been lost, and worse than that, they haven't been replaced.

That's bad.

I can understand your point bunge. I could understand blaiming this on Bush as well if say the jobs were moving offshore as well. However I have seen articles, in fact there was one here posted by I think it was Chu, that shows a worldwide lower trend for manufacturing jobs. How can Bush be responsible for the loss of manufacturing jobs if China is losing jobs in this area as well. (Again it doesn't have to be a net loss, it can be loss relative to population/growth/etc.)

The article he posted mentioned that Mexico was losing jobs to China and China was losing them to productivity gains. How is Bush responsible for a general trend like that?

The farm job loss was a change because of the times. I think this true with manufacturing as well.

Nick
  • Reply 133 of 233
  • Reply 134 of 233
  • Reply 135 of 233
    Quote:

The farm job loss was a change because of the times. I think this true with manufacturing as well.

You're probably right, but I don't think that's the main concern of most people. The problem is that unlike with the farm jobs, the manufacturing jobs haven't been replaced by another industry. So we now have a net loss of jobs. That's unhealthy.

And everyone make sure you read that dirt!
  • Reply 136 of 233
    Quote:

As long as dirt keeps showing up, Bush won't be unbeatable.

I guess more dirt is on the way.

Quote:

9/11 Chair: Attack Was Preventable

Appointed by the Bush administration, Kean, a former Republican governor of New Jersey, is now pointing fingers inside the administration and laying blame.

I'd say Bush isn't unbeatable.
  • Reply 137 of 233
    Quote:

You're probably right, but I don't think that's the main concern of most people. The problem is that unlike with the farm jobs, the manufacturing jobs haven't been replaced by another industry. So we now have a net loss of jobs. That's unhealthy.

And everyone make sure you read that dirt!

I read your dirt. It claims it was a source in the administration, not the president himself. I'm not saying that wouldn't make it wrong, however I will say it isn't likely to hurt Bush himself since it is likely he could claim receiving the same faulty information with which to draw his conclusions as well. In the end it won't harm him.

As for the manufacturing jobs, they likely have been replaced with information type jobs and the industries associated with them. The transition isn't always a smooth and orderly one, and it wasn't from agriculture to industrial as well. The point is has Bush seen the writing on the wall with regard to it and done all he could. He cannot literally force companies to employ people any more than a farmer can force a seed to sprout. However the farmer can prep and plant. This is what people will look for with regard to Bush, did he prep and plant. If anything is sprouting, even if it isn't fully harvest time yet, Bush will get the credit.

Nick
  • Reply 138 of 233
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

As for the manufacturing jobs, they likely have been replaced with information type jobs and the industries associated with them. The transition isn't always a smooth and orderly one, and it wasn't from agriculture to industrial as well.

That's all really nice in the abstract.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 139 of 233
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    The losses in manufacturing and the shift towards a post-industrialized economy did not start with Bush.

Why is this always the XO's fault? Isn't there another branch of the government that shares any responsibility? Bush (VERY generally speaking) inyherited a moring-after Coke party of an economy---let alone the hits the airline industry/insurance industry/budget itself took after 9/11.

When was the last time---right or left---any of you guys wrote your Senator/Representative?
  • Reply 140 of 233
    Quote:

He must be high.

SDW, you try very hard to stretch the fabric of reality but it doesn't help.

Look at the fvcking numbers and tell me I'm wrong. There are about 2 million MORE jobs than when Bush took office. The whole claim is BULLSHIT. But by all means, jsut keep repeating it.