What did YOU get for Christmas?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Another Christmas with two living parents.

Amen.
  • Reply 42 of 88
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    A very good friend of mine got me a Mötley Crüe shirt that I've been looking for, I can't believe she found it after how long I've been searching for it. From two other friends I also got X2 on DVD and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. I'm hoping for a new distortion pedal or a new cord or something too. I plan on buying myself an iSight and a set of JBL Creatures, depending on how many relatives do the card and money thing this year and if I quit my job or not.
  • Reply 43 of 88
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh crap, I just got a new desk. The old silver desk is going to be replaced!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!11

• Reply 44 of 88
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I bought myself a wireless router and 512 MB of ram for the powerbook. That gig of ram was calling me though.
  • Reply 45 of 88
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well in addition to the USB 2.0 PCI card my brother got me, I also got a large poster of the Milky Way, a nice water bottle with one of those automatic-valve tops (you just suck on it and it opens), $50 in cash, and the Season 2 DVD set of Babylon 5.
  • Reply 46 of 88
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Mötley Crüe box set, another year of AAA (with my luck with cars this is so awesome), gift card to Circuit City, and a tire gauge (I really don't like cars, but after all the problems I have had with cars I have started to get a lot of 'car' gifts). I still have to go out to my mom's house for brunch with my dad and my sister, I think it'll be the first time that all four of us were in the same room at the same time in almost 2 years. Hopefully it will be a happy time.
  • Reply 47 of 88
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My wife got me some clothes for work ... new coat, inlaws got me a home brew kit, goofy "RC" car, some other stuff.
  • Reply 48 of 88
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Here we go...

Adobe Creative Suite Premium (And I asked for it! Yes! Yes! Yes!)

Final Cut Express (Sweet!)

Krypton bike lock (I have a predesposition of getting my bikes stolen)

Leatherman tool (Mmmm, pliers)

Amphigorey Also, by Edward Gorey (I love that guy)

Something Under the Bed is Drooling (Calvin and Hobbes are awesome)

And a whole truckload of sugar (So I can stay up till midnight, learning Photoshop CS)

And I got some cash.

Another Christmas come and gone...I can feel the checks bouncing already.
  • Reply 49 of 88
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    -50 DVD-R's

-Couple months of Netflix

-iFire (but it doesn't work right, ground is messed up I think)

-Apple Pro Speakers

-Boxers

-Too much candy

-Money

-Book of 2583 best quotes ever or something.
  • Reply 50 of 88
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    An iPod

Some CD's

handpainted boxes(really pretty)

biscuits

Wool Mitten-Gloves (warm and functional, great for horses)

horse treats

arm warmers

oh yeah, a bunch of money too, gonna go shopping in NYC, wanna get a pair of diesel jeans.
  • Reply 51 of 88
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I don't know. My dog licked my face... does that count?
  • Reply 52 of 88
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country DVD. From my misguided brother, heh.

Couple of short-sleeve shirts

The Chaser 2003 Annual

New mouse, keyboard and gamepad

Barto
  • Reply 53 of 88
    i was kind of annoyed yesterday, when i got "Prince of Persia" for ps2. i've heard great things about the game, but i felt kind of weird saying "thanks, but i don't have a play station 2." i tried to think positively, "maybe my cousin-in-law (who got me the game) knows something i don't; maybe someone else is getting me a ps2." when i got home i decided that, either santa or i is buying that system, asap. i haven't had a game system in a few years (the last one i got was n64, back when people wore bell bottoms i think), and there are a number of games for ps2 that i'd love to play. so tomorrow, i'm making a early trip to bestbuy (thanks santa for giving me half a ps2 in gift certificates).

aside from the PoP and potential ps2, i got a lot of dressy clothes, for work, some underwear, a number of interesting books (or atleast, by their cover they seem interesting), a few gift certificates (bestbuy as mentioned earlier, Nat Sherman's [which i asked for repeatedly ; if you are a smoker and are unfamiliar, i strongly suggest you try them], jcrew, and forbidden planet [a comic store, which apparently my grandmother thinks i'm interested in ; i mean no slight toward comic book guy(s), but i am not one myself]), and driving lessons (because i've been too long with my pathetic 'permit', and no one trusts me behind the wheel without a license).
  • Reply 54 of 88
    ipod dock, itunes gift certificate, panther, and a new g5 after updates are released not too bad eh?
  • Reply 55 of 88
    I love my parents... wow. Here it goes:

-40g iPod

-Panther

-A complete anthology of the Far Side cartoons - this thing is in two giant books. The set must weigh at least 20 lbs. Wow.

-Books about painting and drawing techniques from my sister

-Clothing

-A Sephora gift certificate

Wow... let me just say that my parents are my favorite people ever. They always make Christmas fun, and they know just what I like.
  • Reply 56 of 88
    Wow. Some of y'all is rich. Y'all got too many relatives and/or friends. I agree with my friends not to buy me gifts. Too many people move in and out of my life to get tangled in that mess, and most of them don't make much money. I also have a rather large family, but we decided some years ago to draw names out of a hat and buy an actual nice gift for one person rather than spreading the money thin and buying trinkets for everyone.

Anyway, I got:

iTunes Music Store gift certificate

Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate

CF Card reader

The Princess Bride DVD

a long-sleeved orange T

black leather jacket

that bottle of Champagne (have yet to try it)
  • Reply 57 of 88
    A new wetsuit

A new BC

A new regulator set

new fins

new mask

A submersible housing for my camera

.... still looking for a mac-compatible dive computer though.

Spent 90 minutes underwater this morning ... it all works great !
  • Reply 58 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

A new wetsuit

A new BC

A new regulator set

new fins

new mask

Oh my goodness! You're all set! *envy envy envy* I wish I could go diving again...
  • Reply 59 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

A new wetsuit

A new BC

A new regulator set

new fins

new mask

oh i cant wait to get back down to cayman!!!!!!
  • Reply 60 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebulous

Oh my goodness! You're all set! *envy envy envy* I wish I could go diving again...

Well then, you'll probably appreciate knowing that I have to drive all of 5 minutes to get to the beach where I walk off the shore onto the reef ... of course the water's only 83 F this time of year

(just had to throw that in to torment you !)