Computer Setup Pictures 2004

Comments

• Reply 121 of 195
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Here's mine:

• Reply 122 of 195
    (nl)(nl) Posts: 5member
    Oh, very nice.

And thanks for linkage, SilentEchos...many pics for me to look at now!
  • Reply 123 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by shatteringglass

Why does a 13 year old have his own Dual 2GHz? I had an HP, though.

I'm 14 now, but I had a G5 1.8 and Adobe Creative Suite Premium when I was 13, do I get flamed?

EDIT: Here's a pic, too:

• Reply 124 of 195
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I'm 14 now, but I had a G5 1.8 and Adobe Creative Suite Premium when I was 13, do I get flamed?

How did you get the f*cking money?
  • Reply 125 of 195
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

Is his family interested in adopting, oh, say, a 36 year old boy?

I'll be really, really good.
  • Reply 126 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

is it a pain to edit from differenr cams in fcp or can you do it like a real studio and run all the feeds back and select on the fly which cam you want?

Actually it's not a pain at all if you know how to line the video up. My goal is to have a live feedback to an edit "bay" so that I can do a rough edit right there, and if I don't like it, fix it in FCP later. But it's not difficult to sync the video. I have a secret method of doing so.
  • Reply 127 of 195
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

You are quite fortunate to have a setup like that at 13, all I can say is WOW and well... if you have extra money I could sure use one of those rigs
  • Reply 128 of 195
    New picture from different angle. Plus I took my old one down.

• Reply 129 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

I spent an 8-month stint working for the Newburyport Daily News on a 60-paper route, rain or shine. As I did the route, I'd recite the G5 system specs to myself. It was a religious experience. I did get a boost from my Mom's position as a teacher, paying $2800 for the G5 1.8 and 17"er, instead of $3200.

The Creative Suite came for Christmas ($400 Student Edition); I bought Studio MX 2004 with my own cash, along with Final Cut Express.

So don't bitch about 'my parents spoiling their young 'un, beause it didn't happen.
  • Reply 130 of 195
    Quote:

I spent an 8-month stint working for the Newburyport Daily News on a 60-paper route, rain or shine. As I did the route, I'd recite the G5 system specs to myself. It was a religious experience. I did get a boost from my Mom's position as a teacher, paying $2800 for the G5 1.8 and 17"er, instead of $3200.

The Creative Suite came for Christmas ($400 Student Edition); I bought Studio MX 2004 with my own cash, along with Final Cut Express.

So don't bitch about 'my parents spoiling their young 'un, beause it didn't happen.

Amen, way to go kid. I did the same thing. People always look at my gear and my car and wonder how I got it (I'm 19 yrs. old) . I worked my ass off and paid for it all myself. Makes it all the more special.
  • Reply 131 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Amen, way to go kid. I did the same thing. People always look at my gear and my car and wonder how I got it (I'm 19 yrs. old) . I worked my ass off and paid for it all myself. Makes it all the more special.

Thanks for the compliment. And I'm 14 now, in case anyone was confused.

And no Hyundai for me. I'm saving up for a Ducati.
  • Reply 132 of 195
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Shoulda sold drugs kid, could have bought yourself a nice Cadillac to go with the G5.
  • Reply 133 of 195
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Ducati.

• Reply 134 of 195
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 135 of 195
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

I had NO IDEA you were only 14. I hope you spend your time with your machine wisely because you've got a HUGE jump on other people your age. You're probably the most well-spoken 14 year old I've ever seen (er....read). I'm very impressed with your rig.
  • Reply 136 of 195
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Get an Aprilia instead. A little cheaper, a lot more reliable, and, really, just as fast. http://www.aprilia.com/models03/road...lo.phtml?id=55

Both are Italian V-Twin's. If you're going to kill yourself, you may as well pay a bit less for it so you can get some fancy leathers and then die in style.
  • Reply 137 of 195
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Do your time on a 4 stroke 250cc for 6 months or so learn to ride well so you dont skittle yourself and leave that G5 rig sitting around all widowed, then move to a Japanese 600 or 750, which are ultimately more rewarding on the street where the italian machines are a pain in the arse to ride.. great for the track but less friendly on the road. The gsxr 600 & 750 are fine examples of mid sized bikes and dont have the reliability and service issues/costs the (now much better) italians have.

When I decide what to get, i.e. 12 or 15" I will have a piccy up !
  • Reply 138 of 195
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Placebo,

Congrats, much respect.
  • Reply 139 of 195
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    I had no idea you were 14 either Placebo!

Like Torifile said, you're very well spoken for a 14 year old, which is very rare these days unfortunately..

As for your story, well, I'm now 20 (as of March) and I do basically what you did. I'm working at a supermarket, and most of the time I spend stacking or at the register is spent thinking about the computer I'm inching towards, hour by hour..

The problem is, I know my parents would buy it for me if I asked them. That's why I got a job.

You've gotta have motivation!

Jimzip
  • Reply 140 of 195
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

I had no idea you were 14 either Placebo!

Like Torifile said, you're very well spoken for a 14 year old, which is very rare these days unfortunately..

As for your story, well, I'm now 20 (as of March) and I do basically what you did. I'm working at a supermarket, and most of the time I spend stacking or at the register is spent thinking about the computer I'm inching towards, hour by hour..

The problem is, I know my parents would buy it for me if I asked them. That's why I got a job.

You've gotta have motivation!

Jimzip

Not really trying to derail this too much, but where do you live in Melbourne? Interestingly, I spend some time as an exchange student there a few years ago. The people I lived with had a place in Glen Iris. It's a great city. Also, quite strangely, I'm moving to a different Melbourne in 2 months. . . The people there call it Mel-born (with american soft r). You aussies trained that pronunciation out of me pretty quick. Haha.