Computer Setup Pictures 2004

Comments

• Reply 81 of 195
    Are you in or near Charlotte by any chance?
  • Reply 82 of 195
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I'm in Missouri. Supposedly around 1804, (date pulled out of ass, could vary by 20 years or more ) the New Madrid fault running along the south-eastern edge of the state snapped something awful and the seismic waves made it far enough to ring church bells in Boston. Those are all the details I remember from my 4th grade History of Missouri class. (I'm 21 now so I figure that's pretty good!)
  • Reply 83 of 195
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    It's been a long time since I posted a picture of my computer setup. I still haven't bought the new 12-inch PowerBook I've been talking about for so long. So here's a picture of my current setup (click thumbnail for larger picture):

My setup includes:

* iBook/500/10/CD with 544MB RAM

* ViewSonic ThinEdge VP171b

* orginial AirPort Base Station

* LinkSys EtherFast 4-port Cable/DSL router

* DSL modem

* LaCie 16x CD-RW (used about 3 times)

* SmartDisk FireLite 20GB for backups

* Artemide Tizio desk lamp by Richard Sapper

* old 300Mhz Pentium I Compaq; rescued from work, so I wouldn't have to buy VPC; its ugly ass is hidden under the desk, but you can see the beige keyboard \

Note that the ThinEdge LCD is mirroring the iBook's 1024x768 screen, scaled up to the LCD's native 1280x1024 resolution. The scaling is done in the monitor and "squishes" the image a bit. That's why I want any new 'Book (12-inch PowerBook or 12" iBook G4 with Spanning Doctor) to run reliably in clamshell mode at 1280x1024. I'll get an external Bluetooth keyboad and mouse along with the new 'Book.

Escher
  • Reply 84 of 195
    Here's my new and improved setup

Click here

Toys include:

Power Mac G4 Dual 1Ghz MDD with 1x120GB + 1x200 GB HD, 1 GB RAM Superdrive, Radeon 9000, Airport, Bluetooth, and MX500 mouse.

AlBook 15" 1.25Ghz

1 GB RAM

80GB HD

AE

BT

Superdrive

30GB iPod

iPod mini Silver

2xCanon GL-2

Canon Digital Rebel

Palm Tungsten T3

Sony Ericsson T610

Canon S750 Printer

"How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs" lol
  • Reply 85 of 195
    Holy cow!!!

And you're a student?
  • Reply 86 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

Holy cow!!!

And you're a student?

Shooting weddings for $1000 a piece brings in some good bank. I also work as a freelancer shooting sports (Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers) which gets me $300 a night and being a Production Assistant for various commercial productions which gets me $175-$300 a day. And even being a student, I get a lot of free time in my schedule.
  • Reply 87 of 195
    And one more for my 600th post...yay!
  • Reply 88 of 195
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

I'm in Missouri. Supposedly around 1804, (date pulled out of ass, could vary by 20 years or more ) the New Madrid fault running along the south-eastern edge of the state snapped something awful and the seismic waves made it far enough to ring church bells in Boston. Those are all the details I remember from my 4th grade History of Missouri class. (I'm 21 now so I figure that's pretty good!)

Oh, then we probably are thinking of different earthquakes. Nice sig, by the way.
  • Reply 89 of 195
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My (slightly) updated setup:

I sold both my old keyboards, changed a few things around, got a Logitech Cordless MX Duo, and got Babylon 5 seasons 3 and 4. Also, not pictured, just yesterday I got an antenna for the TV, so now I can actually watch TV instead of using it only for games.
  • Reply 90 of 195
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Here's my new and improved setup

Click here

Toys include:

Power Mac G4 Dual 1Ghz MDD with 1x120GB + 1x200 GB HD, 1 GB RAM Superdrive, Radeon 9000, Airport, Bluetooth, and MX500 mouse.

AlBook 15" 1.25Ghz

1 GB RAM

80GB HD

AE

BT

Superdrive

30GB iPod

iPod mini Silver

2xCanon GL-2

Canon Digital Rebel

Palm Tungsten T3

Sony Ericsson T610

Canon S750 Printer

"How do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs" lol

(Semi) Drool...

I have a digital rebel, I want a GL2, and a desktop machine- and your desk is pretty cool!

I have an iBook 500 right now- while it does a great job- I'm really pushing its limits this semester w/ photoshop, 3D graphics, director, etc...time to get a G5 baby!
  • Reply 91 of 195
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
  • Reply 92 of 195
    Same setup (with some additions) different year...maybe next year I'll finally get something new. This iBook is killing me (eventhough I love it).

Origional iBook 500 w/ DVD, Airport, 640RAM, 20gig

Logitech Speakers z340's (I think)

iSight

m505

LaCie D2 52X burner

LaCie D2 120 gig firewire

Apple Keyboard

Apple Bluetooth Mouse

Wacom 6x9 tablet

Canon S200 Digital Elph

SE T616

Not pictured

Origional 5gig iPod

Canon 300D 9 (Digital Reble)

Crappy Lexmark z42 printer

Airport Extreme Basestation

Peace.
  • Reply 93 of 195
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Do you actually use it that far away from the edge of the desk tacojohn? Or is that just made pretty for taking pics.
  • Reply 94 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Origional iBook

Not quite.

Original iBook:

• Reply 95 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Do you actually use it that far away from the edge of the desk tacojohn? Or is that just made pretty for taking pics.

Yup. I know its bad for my eyes. I'd like to get a 20" apple display sooner than later, but I need to get a G5 to use it. Maybe next year.

It is the original white iBook (dual USB) at 500 god-awful-MHz.
  • Reply 96 of 195
    Oh yeah- and I got rid of the crappy lexmark and got a Epson R300 (which I absolutely love).
  • Reply 97 of 195
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Shooting weddings for $1000 a piece brings in some good bank. I also work as a freelancer shooting sports (Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers) which gets me $300 a night and being a Production Assistant for various commercial productions which gets me $175-$300 a day. And even being a student, I get a lot of free time in my schedule.

You don't do your wedding and freelance sports work with the Rebel, do you? Or is it sturdy enough for the kind of lenses one would need in those situations (i.e., 80-200 f2.8 I'd guess)?
  • Reply 98 of 195
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Yup. I know its bad for my eyes. I'd like to get a 20" apple display sooner than later, but I need to get a G5 to use it. Maybe next year.

It is the original white iBook (dual USB) at 500 god-awful-MHz.

Naw, I just meant it's kinda admirable compared to my hunched over too-close posture. Somewhere between our styles is probably normal

Keep in mind my setup is this :

(Part 1 and 2 are on page 2)
  • Reply 99 of 195
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

You don't do your wedding and freelance sports work with the Rebel, do you? Or is it sturdy enough for the kind of lenses one would need in those situations (i.e., 80-200 f2.8 I'd guess)?

No, I don't shoot weddings with the Rebel. If I did still photography I would use a Canon EOS 10-D or something like that. I film weddings with 2 GL-2s and an XL-1, edit them on my FCP rig, and put them out on DVD. And I do video work for the sports teams.
  • Reply 100 of 195
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

No, I don't shoot weddings with the Rebel. If I did still photography I would use a Canon EOS 10-D or something like that. I film weddings with 2 GL-2s and an XL-1, edit them on my FCP rig, and put them out on DVD. And I do video work for the sports teams.

Damn you, damn you, damn you.

(just jealous... I would love to have even one of those cameras.)