DHuge busts da iPod mini commercial - check it out, cats

Comments

• Reply 61 of 90
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

please oh please oh please oh please keep it up i want to lock this thread so bad oh my god oh my god oh my god

I'm surprised you haven't already, not because of the subject matter but, rather, because of the way the quality of the "debate" here has rapidly degenerated. I keep expecting to find a big white lock next to this thread every time I come back, especially after a certain pre-edit retort that was in questionable taste.
  • Reply 62 of 90
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    The original video is as cringe-inducing as when Homer Simpson started rapping.

Surely no one could have predicted that Quicktime, iMovie, Firewire and .mac would be used to perpetrate such a crime on amateur video-making.

Still, it is the best kid-walking-in-slowmotion-with-a-paper-iPod-mini-on-his-shoulder video I've ever seen.

(Was that too harsh? I'm criticizing the work, not the person BTW)

<insert "Let's see what you can do, mister know-it-all critic!" retort>

Sometimes it's more important to know what one cannot do well. Then don't do it.
  • Reply 63 of 90
    Everything is extremely criticized around here so I have decided against posting another commercial, at least not on A.I. Instead I will post my video/pictoral review of the mini when I get it. From unpacking to plugging in, I'll show all of that. Yeah, I guess that even means I'm going to have to make an appearance.\
  • Reply 64 of 90
    "Criticize with love."

Classical Ballet master Willam Christensen.
  • Reply 65 of 90
    I knew that would happen. Always does on the web.

Tip: Grow a thicker skin. You put a work out on the web for others to see and comment on (presumably since it's on a BB). Did you only want praise? My bad.

If it helps, I know the piece was a harmless goof, and meant to just be humorous, and it is, albeit in multiple ways you might not have intended. As such my criticism can hardly be entirely serious. More accurately, my criticism is however serious you meant your movie to be.

If all you got were tastefully worded, positive criticism (which is often just cowardly and insulting pats on the head) then you wouldn't see what needs to be fixed. You need something to make you motivated to prove the bastards (like, say, me) wrong, by improving your work.

I'm sorry, I guess I should have put in the ubiquitous smiley to suggest that my venom wasn't meant to be scathing. But I don't do that. I leave it to the reader to either take it with a grain of salt, shrug it off or put up decent defense.

Everyone is so in fear of the flame war or the scolding of others that no one really says what they mean anymore.

But honesty doesn't need to erupt into hostile arguments. Honesty can lead to better outcomes than meek false praise.
  • Reply 66 of 90
    Ok, and over 670 people have seen it. I have garnered more praise than criticism. Thanks.
  • Reply 67 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Ok, and over 670 people have seen it. I have garnered more praise than criticism. Thanks.

Excellent. See, it's best that way. You say what you want. I say what I want. No one holds back or lies. All is good.

Kudos for psgates for actually giving usable criticism, whereas mine was more just opinion than anything.
  • Reply 68 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

psgates

Ouch!
  • Reply 69 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Ouch!

Unintended but funny

I always have read it that way?kind of a freudian dyslexia I guess??

Sorry!
  • Reply 70 of 90
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    psgates? Ouch? Freudian dyslexia?

• Reply 71 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

psgates? Ouch? Freudian dyslexia?

Play on words???

Freudian slip + dyslexia

"PC gates" is what my subconscious sees Sorry!
  • Reply 73 of 90

I'm not saying a damn thing
  • Reply 74 of 90
    Hmm, I thought it gave a good size comparisson.
  • Reply 75 of 90
    It is pretty disgusting when your mp3 player is the same thickness as your wrist watch...get a new watch duder 8)

my brother had a watch that was the thickness of 2 CDs and it had arbitrary alien simples that appeared from time to time.
  • Reply 76 of 90
    haha

• Reply 77 of 90
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    *zooms in on phone number*

2:45am

"Can I speak to DEE-HUGE please?"

• Reply 78 of 90
    very nice iPod mini you got there... makes my regular iPod look kind of old.

this thread is great
  • Reply 79 of 90
    Just some things I enjoyed, pay me no mind:

- I love the, ahem, doilies and tchotchke on, er, "your" piano... (near the very end)

- The edit while you pull the wallet out. I'm piqued, I want to see the Director's cut - now. DVD?

- I was sold at the wallet, but then Chapstick? Tre magnifique! But the gum and watch really sealed the deal. Apple! One iPod mini please! It meets all four of my requirements! Smaller than a wallet? Check. Thinner than a Chapstick? Check. Same green as a pack of Extra Winterfresh? Check. Nothing at all like a clunky watch? Check.

- Stanley Kubrick and Richard Strauss are both spinning in their graves fast enough to power a small city.
  • Reply 80 of 90
    But seriously, as far as concept, the part where you show iTunes is such a visual cacophony that anyone not yet using iTunes would want to scurry back to the safety of their old tapes and boombox.

Your intent and the actual delivery conflict outright.

You needed to use the busy sped-up camera work/editing on the old music methods and realtime, calm shots of the modern "easier" way of iTunes/MP3/iPod...see?

P.S. Only one "s" in comparison. No one else was going to tell you.