Dave
  • Reply 662 of 1761
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>Here goes the quote:

"Full speed ahead: Lust Factor Ten."

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ha!! I was 1st...

Sheeet... now WHO was right?!?! The guys from SpyMac **or** that guest post on MacRumors message board?

Damn!

Dave
  • Reply 663 of 1761
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    lust factor 10. g5+g5 = 10 g5 five = lust. we get dual g5's its all so simple. oh i want to believe really i do.
  • Reply 664 of 1761
    The graphics don't match (between spymac and apple). The font is different which I should have noticed from the get go. Spymac (or whoever made their graphic) used Garamond, but Apple has a custom font based on Garamond.

More obvious is that fact that the 's' on Apple's site is lower case vs. uppercase on spymac.

IF spymac had the real graphic before the apple site, then there might be some evidence of some inside information. At this point, it's just as likely that they read about the hint from this forum or from macosrumors forum.
  • Reply 665 of 1761
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Full Speed Ahead : Lust Factor Ten

"Full Speed Ahead"

G5

"Lust Factor Ten"

G5 running OSX at 64 bit
  • Reply 666 of 1761
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member
    spymac heard it, but didn't see it...

I guess they've got a mole somewhere...
  • Reply 667 of 1761
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Yeah

Apple has an actual designer making their graphics.

the type is a lot cleaner, kerned in, and it's Apple Garamound.
  • Reply 667 of 1761
    tomorrow...

We're ready. Are You?
  • Reply 669 of 1761
  • Reply 670 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>Yeah

the type is a lot cleaner, kerned in, and it's Apple Garamound.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Also: "Speed" is capped incorrectly. It's spelled "Garamond".
  • Reply 671 of 1761
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>It can't be that hard to figure out in advance can it?

<a href="http://www.apple.com/home/images/12/mwsf02_fullspeedahead.gif"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/home/images/12/mwsf02_fullspeedahead.gif</a></strong>[ /QUOTE]

as soon as i saw spymac's claim, i went to apple and tried typing in that exact url, nothing. it wasn't there until they made the switch.
  • Reply 672 of 1761
    Damn.
  • Reply 672 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>Yeah

the type is a lot cleaner, kerned in, and it's Apple Garamound.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah ha!

You are so right!!! And thanks for giving me one more reason why I DON'T THINK SpyMac was a hoax or if it was then it's quite clear they didn't make it... Don't you think the folks who did the hoax would have had the fonts, tools and talent required to do the job right?

Hey it still might be a hoax but I don't see how they people who made that banner were the same people who did the 'speculated' hoax video and picts...

Just something to think about...

Dave

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</p>
  • Reply 674 of 1761
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>It can't be that hard to figure out in advance can it?

<a href="http://www.apple.com/home/images/12/mwsf02_fullspeedahead.gif"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/home/images/12/mwsf02_fullspeedahead.gif</a></strong>[ /QUOTE]

Otaku: I'd agree with you, as a couple of days ago I was able to access the directory that the taglines to date and other graphics was contained in. Just removing the file name from the path (ie:."...12/") worked.

As these graphics are mirrored on numerous Akamai servers it's difficult to repeat the access though.

All my attempt since have resulted in the default "file not found" page.
  • Reply 675 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>

Hey it still might be a hoax but I don't see how they people who made that banner were the same people who did the 'speculated' hoax video and picts...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe they were in a hurry to post it before midnight?
  • Reply 676 of 1761
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    full speed ahead ... combined with where no pc has gone before and way beyond rumors..... all i can say is a faster clockspeed than any pc out there is what i get from that

but then again is it clockspeed or bake off times?
  • Reply 677 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>

Maybe they were in a hurry to post it before midnight?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heck it was up for an hour (or more)... how long would it have taken to do it right and if they wanted people to believe they had the graphic then they would have chosen the right font at bare minimum...

Dave
  • Reply 678 of 1761
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>

Maybe they were in a hurry to post it before midnight?</strong><hr></blockquote>

OR maybe Apple just has a specialized commerical font? I mean how much do those things go for? $1500? Maybe they didnt want to put up the dough...

-Paul
  • Reply 679 of 1761
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by O and A:

<strong>full speed ahead ... combined with where no pc has gone before and way beyond rumors..... all i can say is a faster clockspeed than any pc out there is what i get from that

but then again is it clockspeed or bake off times?</strong><hr></blockquote>

WOAH, GOOD POINT!

SJ would do somthing like that too!

AND he would make us sit through anouther megahurtz myth lecture... OH GOD TAKE ME NOW!!

-Paul
  • Reply 680 of 1761
    How long has <a href="http://www.macworldexpo.com/user-content/announce/announce.html"; target="_blank">this</a> been up?

Avie and Phil giving a one hour demo of X? What is this? Keynote Lite??

The Hardware guy and the QT guy...