NHL Trade Deadline 2K4!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 107
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Well, the Boston-Montreal series (if it happens) just got a lot more interesting!
  • Reply 22 of 107
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You guys better get stacked up man, cause the Flames are comin'.

• Reply 23 of 107
    Flames?! No way, baby... Toddzilla for President!

The Canucks pay another visit to Colorado this evening. I still think Moore's hit was more intentional than he lets on and I still hope he gets hammered by Sopel or Ruutu. Nice open ice hit would be perfect...

Should be a great game.
  • Reply 24 of 107
    I think Crawford would like to lace 'em up and go tonight... whoa boy was he pissed.

I like that story Cherry told about Crawford being such a crappy player back in the day... he used to think he was Russian because the coach was always yelling "get Crawford off!!"

I want to see a line brawl. Crossing my fingers.
  • Reply 25 of 107
    Well if there are one or two good (i.e. not hokey) fights, so be it... but it has to be because of something started in THIS GAME, not the last one. I hate those "drop em inthe first minute" fights. Too WWF for me.

Anyway, I always prefer bone-crushing hits to fights. Gets the fans way more into it than a fight and sends a bigger message IMO. Most players can take a few punches. Not to many can take a shoulders squared, open-ice hit from a 210 lb. defensman.

Bring it on, Dive-a-lanche!
  • Reply 26 of 107
    Yeah, the fights 10 seconds after the first whistle are lame. The anger-fueled ones after a vicious body check always get things rolling though...

• Reply 27 of 107
    Other than the Pens, Canucks and Sens, the Avs are probably my favorite team [to watch I mean] (hard to really get behind a team with huge money these days though)... so I don't dislike them per se...

...but this is one of the better spoof hockey sites I've seen. Written by a Wings fan, of course. Some side-splitters in there.

http://www.divealanche.com/1a_play.html

http://www.divealanche.com/1d_med.html

I have to say, the Avs' broadcasters are total homers (though the Calgary game I watched the other night on Rogers showed some serious homerism). Every time the ref didn't call a Flames penalty they were like "oh yah, good decision, let em play" and every time they didn't call one against the other team it was "oh did the refs miss that one."

• Reply 28 of 107
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    After the questionable hit on Naslund by Moore's elbow, Crawford was angry,

but Brad May invoked the SlapShot legend by announcing a bounty on Moore.

Old Time Hockey!
  • Reply 29 of 107
    Eddie Shore!
  • Reply 30 of 107
    Latest trade: Nedved is an Oiler. A couple of backup/minor league goalies and a draft pick were swapped as well.
  • Reply 31 of 107
    Leafs got Leetch!

Hmmm... guess they had to to something...

• Reply 32 of 107
    Not a bad move. Definitely makes them a stronger team defensively. Maybe they won't have to play marchment so much...

• Reply 33 of 107
    YEAH! Leafs just won the Cup!
  • Reply 34 of 107
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Wow Leetch is gone. Prolly the right thing to do, but sad none the less. He was a great Ranger. On the bright side I'm glad they're finally going with some youth. I wonder if they'll trade Holik. I'd rather see them try to trade Lindros.
  • Reply 35 of 107
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

I'd rather see them try to trade Lindros.

Not sure he's even fit to play, let alone be dangled as trade bait.

For his own well being, I hope Lindros hangs em up.
  • Reply 36 of 107
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The only team Lindros ever benefitted was Quebec, and that's because they got Forsberg (amongst others) when they dealt him to Philly.

Lindros is the ultimate underachiever and I hope he doesn't get his name on the cup in such a sorry way as to be traded at the deadline to a real contender.

He should have to earn it.
  • Reply 37 of 107
    The Calgary Flames just put Roman Turek on waivers. Pray that your team doesn't pick him up.
  • Reply 38 of 107
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    "the next one" what pure crap that was! the next one to what, play at the same level as everyone else? the nords definitely got the better end of that deal, that team was awesome, too bad they had to ship out b4 they got the cup.

im not worried about the sens facing the leafs this time, i hope they meet and get some redemption. todd simpson will go toe to toe with domi again and domi will once again hold on for dear life knowing the beat down he will receive.

montreal vs. boston wuld be awesome to see again, this time theodore will not save the team though.

van city all the way in the west, bert will have to return to the form of last year though.
  • Reply 39 of 107
    Well, Colorado get Chris Gratton and the Stars got Valeri Bure. I don't think either trade will have that much of impact. And though it's not trade, the Canucks will be without Toddzilla for a long time after he tried to kill Steve Moore last night.

And the Kings got Anson Carter.

Me thinks it'll be a pretty boring trade deadline given all the huge trades that have already gone down.
  • Reply 40 of 107
    There are a few interesting trades.

Avs picked up Salo from Edmonton, so they've got a decent backup (Sauve has been horrible lately). They also picked up Gratton and Vaananen from Phoenix, and Barnaby from the Rangers. They can use a guy like that.

Flames picked up Simon from the Rangers, which I think is a great trade. He's a big tough sonofabitch and will fit into the gameplan nicely.

Bruins got Gonchar... that'll be a big boost for that club.

Lots of minor trades to go along... and yeah, the Canucks suddenly find themselves in need of a good power forward. I don't think we'll see Bertuzzi before the playoffs (at least).