How do you feel about other AO-ites in general?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 127
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    I come here to try and find out where Kickaha has hidden his crates of beer. I also think AO is a nice mix of different types of people.

P.S.> Wrong robot needs to stop posting threads that seem familiar to something my shrink would ask.
  • Reply 22 of 127
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

P.S.> Wrong robot needs to stop posting threads that seem familiar to something my shrink would ask.

Maybe I *am* your shrink
  • Reply 23 of 127
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Hey! Robotsss all shurnken!

C'mere widdle robot... heeeeere widdle robot...

*hic*
  • Reply 24 of 127
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    ?[6.6]? <-kid robot
  • Reply 25 of 127
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I haven't gotten so irritated over a particular member or thread that it's caused me to carry that mood into the other parts of my life, but there are times when I'll be stuck in traffic or something and I'll think over something I read or wrote that day. Not typical though.

As for the members themselves, I believe that of those I feel "familiar" with, I would be willing to buy just about any of them a beer or two. Even those whose opinions I regularly dispute (and vice-versa), don't seem to give off any sort of genuinely hostile vibes towards me.

It's just the friggin internet, as someone said earlier.

• Reply 26 of 127
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i've thought on the issues brought up by ao, but i never bring them up irl. no one has [yet] gotten me angry enough that i've done anything in life either. but ya'll have affected me: to the bottle or bong as moods require. i keep coming back cuz i'd like to think i can change some of the damned fascists who come by. i have been persuaded by some things written here, sometimes lasting, oft transiently. i would gladly sit at a bar with near any of ya, even the nazis if they'd buy, but i don't think i've gotten particularly close to any of you. well, one or two, but not so close like i'd risk my life for ya or somethin. if ao were suddenly gone, i'd be [temporarily] traumatized, while i searched for another forum [then i'd remember the others i frequent]; i definitely enjoy the place.

i thought the dip and beer had gone stale, am i wrong? *shifts mouse in appropriate manner*
  • Reply 27 of 127
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i like most of the people here and would definetly have a beer or two with many of them...feel fatherly toward a few...kinda dislike a couple, but i'm an old guy and have decided not to waste my time on that...why would i hang out here arguing with people i wouldn't talk to in real life?? my time is way too short on this earth for that...

i would like to see pscates in AO again...he is much more conservative than i, but in an ok way...we could disagree and still have a beer...

g
  • Reply 28 of 127
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Hmmm. But how do you feel ?

What is the appropriate mouse-shifting manner for stale dip and beer ?
  • Reply 29 of 127
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

What is the appropriate mouse-shifting manner for stale dip and beer ?

basically, if you put the mouse in the proper position next to the dip, and click in the correct succession (which is: left, left, right, [the rest is to be read double quick, but performed regular speed] right, left, right), the dip becomes less stale. repeat ten or twenty times to completely rejuvienate. to "fix" the [unopened] beer, all you gotta do is pack a bowl, whilst the beer refridgerates. when you've cleared enough of the haze to remember the beer, it is properly cooled. if the beer is opened, then two or three bowls may be required. ymmv. its a simple and mind melting experience. unfortunately that is all i am free to say on the subject, under penalty of castration.

it seems small text can infact be read by outsiders and isn't just for soliloquys. sigh.
  • Reply 30 of 127
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This is what's good about being (mostly) boys. Guys will get into an argument, beat each other to bloody plups and 10 minutes later sit down and share chips and beer. It's like Fight Club in here, but not funny or cool.
  • Reply 31 of 127
    More like Slight Club.
  • Reply 32 of 127
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

It's like Fight Club in here, but not funny or cool.

I don't know. I find some of people in here pretty funny, though I doubt they intend to be.

That's the great thing about AO. There are people here that don't exist in the real world. Like those women that keep soap opera ratings so high. You rarely meet them, yet there are millions.
  • Reply 33 of 127
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

More like Slight Club.

worst one-liner evar.

but i'll put my own extension on it: the first rule of ao is we do not talk about ao [irl]. and the second rule of ao is: we do not talk about ao [irl]. The third rule of ao: someone yells "stop", goes limp, taps out, then you must attack their political or religious beliefs.
  • Reply 34 of 127
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

worst one-liner evar.

Hey buddy... yoush do better afshter thish minny pints.
  • Reply 35 of 127
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'll be honest with you: There are a bunch of people in AO who really piss me off. These asses feel like because they're the "alpha dogs" of knowledge in their real life circle of associates that they can come in here and spout off opinions left and right and INSIST that those opinions are fact AND THEN assert that anyone else with a differing opinion is an ignorant, hateful, racist, intolerant, cult-attending fool.

Those very same people are the ones that I see as hateful and intolerant. It blows my mind that many people here have NO INTEREST in try to see, understand, and/or respect the other side of an issue even if they will never agree with it. The close-mindedness here is appalling sometimes. You know who you are even though you'd deny it tooth and nail.

With those two paragraphs said, I do know of a few individuals here who are reasonable, thoughful, respectful people that can appreciate others' opinions and agree to disagree without turning to name-calling and put-downs. You know who you are, too. Thank you for giving me a shred of reasoning to come back here and endure some of the crappy stuff that people manage to post.
  • Reply 36 of 127
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

It blows my mind that many people here have NO INTEREST in try to see, understand, and/or respect the other side of an issue even if they will never agree with it. The close-mindedness here is appalling sometimes.

Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Look, another Bush-bashing thread! We don't have enough of those here.

Yes, it blows my mind.
  • Reply 37 of 127
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

From Cosmo

With those two paragraphs said, I do know of a few individuals here who are reasonable, thoughful, respectful people that can appreciate others' opinions and agree to disagree without turning to name-calling and put-downs. You know who you are, too. Thank you for giving me a shred of reasoning to come back here and endure some of the crappy stuff that people manage to post

You're welcome.

Kidding....

• Reply 38 of 127
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i have a list of my favorites.
  • Reply 39 of 127
    I like the people that respond to facts or arguments against their opinion with the one word reply "Link????" as if this somehow invalidates everything.

It's the "yeah, but still" retort of the internet.

Just like the people in FH that respond to mock ups and leaks with "Fake. I could photoshop that in 5 Minutes."

I look forward to those posts.

To an extent I enjoy all the loonies that post here. Especially the few and proud that will never change their beliefs regardless of the arguments or facts. That being said, I don't have energy enough to get into a heated debate in AO but I do enjoy reading them. So keep up the good work.

PS.

you all suck.

• Reply 40 of 127
    Come and sit on my knee. Bouncy bouncy.

I like everyone. Well, almost. I sometimes post in a foul mood and let rip and then I always feel terrible, no matter who the target is. Objectively, I feel sort of sorry for some of the people I most harry - not because I'm proud of my pharmaceutical-grade sarcasm but because you can tell that some people ain't happy somewhere and it makes them act nasty-like.

I really hate it when people run away from an argument. Many of us come here to disagree with someone in particular because it's fun. I don't get angry in retrospect anymore because it's pointless. There are many people who I will always read, even if I disagree with them. Generally I think that people who think independently are the most interesting and the nicest. Sincerity is a winner.

There's some very sweet individuals here and some utter bastards, of which I can be one.