$5 says we'll see PowerMac G5 updates tomorrow!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Yep that's right!

Tomorrow is TUESDAY...

Tomorrow is MARCH 16th...

Tomorrow is THE DAY...

$5 Says I'm right and other than that, I'm not allowed to say how or why I know... it's just FACT !!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 108
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Nah, they'll surprise everyone and do it the day after, Wed the 17th. St Patty's day. And it'll be glowing GREEN!

• Reply 2 of 108
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    SURE. updates generaly happen on a monday. the ipod mini is coming happpned on a monday. The ibook G4 came on a monday. Im not taking you on cause i could be wrong.
  • Reply 3 of 108
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    You are on. My good man, I think they are still a few weeks to 2 months off.
  • Reply 4 of 108
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Dr. I'll be here tomorrow to collect. Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 108
    BTW, what specs should we expect?
  • Reply 6 of 108
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

Yep that's right!

Tomorrow is TUESDAY...

Tomorrow is THE DAY...

$5 Says I'm right and other than that, I'm not allowed to say how or why I know... it's just FACT !!!

I'll take your 5 dallors...no I mean it....give it to me now........
  • Reply 7 of 108
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Yep that's right!

Tomorrow is TUESDAY...

Tomorrow is THE DAY...

I'll take that bet... double or nothing.
  • Reply 8 of 108
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I'll take that bet
  • Reply 9 of 108
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    The timing makes sense, as it would give them a sales spike at the end of the current quarter which would "sex up" the quarterly numbers.
  • Reply 10 of 108
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

The timing makes sense, as it would give them a sales spike at the end of the current quarter which would "sex up" the quarterly numbers.

Can they add financial figures into the Quarterly numbers if the items that have been ordered are not shipped by the time of the financial reporting? My guess is that as soon as they have the order, it gets added to the bottom line, regardless of shipping status...?
  • Reply 11 of 108
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

My guess is that as soon as they have the order, it gets added to the bottom line, regardless of shipping status...?

I don't think they can add anything to the bottom line until they have their hands on the cash, which means when the machine is billed and shipped. They can say they have X number of preorders, but you can't count revenue you don't have.

I'm with Dr_Holistic, new G5s tomorrow! Or next Tuesday at the latest!
  • Reply 12 of 108
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    Quote:

I'm not allowed to say how or why I know... it's just FACT !!!

How!?? Why!??
  • Reply 13 of 108
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BrunoBruin

I don't think they can add anything to the bottom line until they have their hands on the cash, which means when the machine is billed and shipped. They can say they have X number of preorders, but you can't count revenue you don't have.

what about tuesday the 30th?
  • Reply 14 of 108
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BrunoBruin

[B]I don't think they can add anything to the bottom line until they have their hands on the cash, which means when the machine is billed and shipped. They can say they have X number of preorders, but you can't count revenue you don't have.

I'm sure they'll have some big orders of an updated product line to their major wholesaler (Ingram Micro) which will represent sales for Apple BEFORE they reach the actual end-users.
  • Reply 15 of 108
    Quote:

bla

• Reply 16 of 108
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

SURE. updates generaly happen on a monday. the ipod mini is coming happpned on a monday. The ibook G4 came on a monday. Im not taking you on cause i could be wrong.

not really, Most apple updates, historically happen on tuesdays, there have been exceptions of course, but tuesday has always been apple's favored day for the most part.

however, in the past year or two jobs has been quoted as saying that they want to broaden their product release cycles, have more updates more frequently...etc.

but for posterity, the iTunes music store updates with new music every tuesday.
  • Reply 17 of 108
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    If 10.3.3 is ready then you might be right - for delivery after they load 10.3.3 onto the PMs.
  • Reply 18 of 108
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

If 10.3.3 is ready then you might be right - for delivery after they load 10.3.3 onto the PMs.

it's ready
  • Reply 19 of 108
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

it's ready

How do you know?
  • Reply 20 of 108
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Check Software Update.