Originally posted by BR

It's not a problem.

There you go.
  • Reply 203 of 286
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

There you go.

Of course I also believe that drugs, polygamy, and prostitution should be legal, the pledge and motto rolled back to their original forms, and the borders opened to an assload of new legal immigration.

Just putting things in a bit of context before you pass judgment on me (too late).
  • Reply 204 of 286
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Of course I also believe that drugs, polygamy, and prostitution should be legal, the pledge and motto rolled back to their original forms, and the borders opened to an assload of new legal immigration.

Just putting things in a bit of context before you pass judgment on me.

We're not talking about those things.

We're talking about this......

The picture of Bush making light of this situation is the height of arrogance. Like he got away with something or it's of no consequence.

Those are some of the reasons I think he shouldn't be reelected and have some answering to do.

There's an often used phrase ( " Bad taste " ) that might apply here.
  • Reply 205 of 286
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Clearly your entire premise is wrong because I found the comment funny and acceptable.

I also think that Bush has some serious questions to answer and should not be reelected.

Gee, I can find it funny, acceptable, and hate Bush and want him ousted all at the same time! I'm fvcking talented.

Clearly YOUR entire premise is wrong because some people here are actually upset by the president's 'joke' and they're not full of mock outrage.
  • Reply 206 of 286
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Actually, I find both premises acceptable since it only comes down to a matter of taste...
  • Reply 207 of 286
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    I think that it boils down to the fact that there is a percentage of people that will find fault with whatever it is that Bush does.

I find that in general there is a decent percent of people that just have to criticize, regardless of subject matter. It just seems they can't say anything positive, no matter what. I think you know what I mean.

I think Bush knew this, and since it's "in vogue" to poke at this president, he decided to join the club, I thought that it showed some welcome humility on his part, not to mention a great sense of humor. You know that he does not take himself that seriously.

I say get over it. The fact that someone has to defend him on this is just disgraceful. Some people should be ashamed of themselves for being that partisan.

I saw plenty of dems there that thought it was funny.
  • Reply 208 of 286
    By NaplesX

-----------------------------------------------------------

" I say get over it. "

Tell that to the people who died in Iraq.
  • Reply 209 of 286
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

I think that it boils down to the fact that there is a percentage of people that will find fault with whatever it is that Bush does.... Some people should be ashamed of themselves for being that partisan.

Just because some people don't start a thread when Bush occaisionally does the right thing doesn't mean people are partisan and fault Bush at every turn. You're generalizations on this topic are completely incorrect and distract from the discussions. When backed into a corner in an argument you always pull out this excuse but it's just false.

I found it perfectly acceptable when Bush attacked Afghanistan. Ultimately I think he did a rather poor job of it, but I cut him some slack considering he had never started a war before. I find it completely unacceptable how he handled the war in Iraq on basically all counts.

Quote:

I think Bush knew this, and since it's "in vogue" to poke at this president, he decided to join the club, I thought that it showed some welcome humility on his part, not to mention a great sense of humor. You know that he does not take himself that seriously.

To me it's not that he doesn't take himself 'that seriously', it's that he doesn't take the war that seriously that I find troubling. If he wanted to make fun of Mr. Salty, I'd find that funny. He'd be poking fun at himself and himself alone.
  • Reply 210 of 286
    Quote:

By NaplesX

" I say get over it. "

Tell that to the people who died in Iraq.

OK.

Life has to progress forward despite what happened in Iraq. It is a new day and their sacrifice paid for millions now having the opportunity to taste freedom and liberty. Iraq has a very bright future now ant was because of those people and this president. I could not think of a much nobler reason to risk ones life for.

Oh yeah those were volunteers that knew what they were getting into.
  • Reply 211 of 286
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

OK.

Life has to progress forward despite what happened in Iraq. It is a new day and their sacrifice paid for millions now having the opportunity to taste freedom and liberty. Iraq has a very bright future now ant was because of those people and this president. I could not think of a much nobler reason to risk ones life for.

Yeah . . . just yesterday another 21 people tasted freedom and liberty . .. the ultimate liberty

and, probably, yet another gang of anonymoyus young men signed on the AQ dotted line . .. ready and willing to kill Americans for 27 Virgin-prunes for their herois effort to drive the infidels from their land . . .
  • Reply 212 of 286
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

OK.

Yeah . . . just yesterday another 21 people tasted freedom and liberty . .. the ultimate liberty

and, probably, yet another gang of anonymoyus young men signed on the AQ dotted line . .. ready and willing to kill Americans for 27 Virgin-prunes for their herois effort to drive the infidels from their land . . .

{and oh yeah . . . isn't it all so funny . . . your son is dead . . . are those weapons under the table?!?! hahahahah]
  • Reply 213 of 286
    Quote:

OK.

So lets just sweep it under the rug or make jokes?

By the way the reason for their sacrifice doesn't seem to exist.

That's just stupid!
  • Reply 214 of 286
    Quote:

So lets just sweep it under the rug or make jokes?

By the way the reason for their sacrifice doesn't seem to exist.

That's stupid!

I DID NOT SAY THAT or elude to it, so DON"T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Please.

Thank you.
  • Reply 215 of 286
    Quote:

I DID NOT SAY THAT or elude to it, so DON"T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Please.

Thank you.

It sure sounded like that to me. Anyway everybody here's free to draw their own conclusions.

So what exactly were you saying because it sure sounded that way?
  • Reply 216 of 286
    Oh! I see you're waiting until I'm gone again.
  • Reply 217 of 286
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

{and oh yeah . . . isn't it all so funny . . . your son is dead . . . are those weapons under the table?!?! hahahahah]

Yeah, but did you know that enlistment rates are up and reenlistment rates are way up in the US? So what is your point?
  • Reply 218 of 286
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Oh! I see you're waiting until I'm gone again.

get over it. there's 150578980 threads in AI, so the fact that he doesn't respond to you instantaneously does not in any way demonstrate some sort of fear he has about replying to you, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise.
  • Reply 219 of 286
    Quote:

Yeah, but did you know that enlistment rates are up and reenlistment rates are way up in the US? So what is your point?

The military can be a good way to get an education. Also the chances of us having another manufactured war are small now that Bush & Co. are under scrutiny.
  • Reply 220 of 286
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

get over it. then 150578980 threads in AI, so the fact that he doesn't respond to you instantaneously does not in any way demonstrate some sort of fear he has about replying to you, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise.

I've watched him do this before.