Bush *jokes* about not finding WMD...

Comments

• Reply 221 of 286
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Oh! I see you're waiting until I'm gone again.

How can I say this in a nice way...

I think you are putting way to much importance on yourself.

What makes you think if I care if you are "here", wherever "here" is?

Are you "here" yet? How about now?

Come on, let's at least try to keep the conversation beyond the 1st grade playground level.
  • Reply 222 of 286
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

Yeah, but did you know that enlistment rates are up and reenlistment rates are way up in the US? So what is your point?

What is my point?

can you read??

The supposed 'liberation' is by no means a "mission accomplished' . . .the people are living under threat of constant and immediate violence

and, more importantly, the idea that we would somehow be attacking 'evildoers' rather than creating more of people willing to sign up for terrorism against the invading infidels is self-evidently wrong

The world is not safer now . . .

and just in case you didn't get this last part, I'll repeat it and ask you to read it as written:

[and oh yeah . . . isn't it all so funny . . . your son is dead . . . are those weapons under the table?!?! hahahahah]

and oh yeah . . . isn't it all so funny . . . your son is dead . . . are those weapons under the table?!?! hahahahah]

and oh yeah . . . isn't it all so funny . . . your son is dead . . . are those weapons under the table?!?! hahahahah]

• Reply 223 of 286
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

How can I say this in a nice way...

I think you are putting way to much importance on yourself.

What makes you think if I care if you are "here", wherever "here" is?

Are you "here" yet? How about now?

Come on, let's at least try to keep the conversation beyond the 1st grade playground level.

It's not just me it's anybody. I have watched you do it. You have an obsession with getting the last word.
  • Reply 224 of 286
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

It's not just me it's anybody. I have watched you do it. You have an obsession with getting the last word.

nah, it's not just him either, a lot of people on forums are like that.
  • Reply 225 of 286
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

I've watched him do this before.

Maybe it's because the bits you're pushing through your modem into the massive expanse of the internet are more imposing than others?
  • Reply 226 of 286
    Quote:

I've watched him do this before.

Hey, Einstein,

I don't live in front of my computer despite what you think. I have 3 kids that demand to go to Micky D's and the park and the beach and stuff like that, not to mention my other things I do for fun and work.

Get over yourself. I say that in the nicest way possible. You are at risk of making yourself look foolish.
  • Reply 227 of 286
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Maybe it's because the bits you're pushing through your modem into the massive expanse of the internet are more imposing than others?

Please!
  • Reply 228 of 286
    Quote:

Hey, Einstein,

I don't live in front of my computer despite what you think. I have 3 kids that demand to go to Micky D's and the park and the beach and stuff like that, not to mention my other things I do for fun and work.

Get over yourself. I say that in the nicest way possible. You are at risk of making yourself look foolish.

That's funny because your posts are almost up to 1000. It took me 3 years to get where I'm at.

I don't want to turn this into a personal flame fest. The thread will be locked like so many you've frequented.
  • Reply 229 of 286
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

nah, it's not just him either, a lot of people on forums are like that.

Everyone want to be right, if not they just want to argue, I think we are all just trying to make some sense of this crazy world of ours. Discussion can be a powerful tool in reaching an understanding if we can keep it as civil as we can.
  • Reply 230 of 286
    Profile For NaplesX

Date Registered:

06-25-2003

Senior Member_

Total Posts:

935 (3.37 posts per day)

3.37 per day? FOR SHAME!
  • Reply 231 of 286
    Quote:

That's funny because your posts are almost up to 1000. It took me 3 years to get where I'm at.

I don't want to turn this into a personal flame fest. The thread will be locked like so many you've frequented.

All due respect, sir, but you were involved in some of that too.

Let's all just agree to disagree on certain points and stay away from calling names and flame wars and I think we all can continuing without getting this one locked also.
  • Reply 232 of 286
    Quote:

Profile For NaplesX

Date Registered:

06-25-2003

Senior Member_

Total Posts:

935 (3.37 posts per day)

3.37 per day? FOR SHAME!

My profile :2055 (2.37 posts per day) Date registered :11-13-2001

Your's : 748 (2.62 posts per day) Date registered : 06-17-2003
  • Reply 233 of 286
    Quote:

Everyone want to be right, if not they just want to argue, I think we are all just trying to make some sense of this crazy world of ours. Discussion can be a powerful tool in reaching an understanding if we can keep it as civil as we can.

I would add to that, Everyone wants to be right, no one wants to be wrong.

It takes *A lot* to admit you are wrong, even more to admit you are wrong now, and have been wrong for the past 3 years. This works both ways.
  • Reply 234 of 286
    Quote:

I would add to that, Everyone wants to be right, no one wants to be wrong.

It takes *A lot* to admit you are wrong, even more to admit you are wrong now, and have been wrong for the past 3 years. This works both ways.

Odd. he's only been a member since June '03. How do you know it's been three years? Or are you inferring he's just wrong for being supportive of the current administration?
  • Reply 235 of 286
    Quote:

My profile :2055 (2.37 posts per day)

Your's : 748 (2.62 posts per day)

Do you want to make enemies?

I am not sure what any of that is supposed to mean.

I am not going to sit here and get into a pissing contest with you about whatever it is that you are implying.

Let's move on past this and use our brains and time to be productive or add something to the conversation.

I am begging you, this is giving me a headache.
  • Reply 236 of 286
    Quote:

Odd. he's only been a member since June '03. How do you know it's been three years? Or are you inferring he's just wrong for being supportive of the current administration?

He's wrong on a lot of counts. Also all we have to go on is his profile which you have also referenced. I think he's assuming he's been supportive of Bush throughout his term.
  • Reply 237 of 286
    Quote:

I'm not inferring anyone is wrong, given the line of discussion, the administration, which has been in power for ~3 years, and given some peoples reasons for supporting of opposing the administration, if they are proven wrong, and said persons admit to that, they are also inadvertently admitting to having been wrong for hte past 3 years, assuming other factors related to their stance remain constant, or are inline with their initial justifications.

dig?
  • Reply 238 of 286
    I get it now. Jim's trying to be comical.
  • Reply 239 of 286
    Quote:

He's wrong on a lot of counts. Also all we have to go on is his profile which you have also referenced.

Please explain to me what my profile tells you? I am not sure that I see what you are trying to point out.

Seriously, help me understand what you're talking about.
  • Reply 240 of 286
    Quote:

I'm not inferring anyone is wrong, given the line of discussion, the administration, which has been in power for ~3 years, and given some peoples reasons for supporting of opposing the administration, if they are proven wrong, and said persons admit to that, they are also inadvertently admitting to having been wrong for hte past 3 years, assuming other factors related to their stance remain constant, or are inline with their initial justifications.

dig?

gotcha