Taking Showers...

Comments

• Reply 81 of 145
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

As I mentioned elsewhere, I took a course on The History of Film.

I also took Cinematography I.

Any other questions?

Have you got that foot out of your mouth yet? Was it tasty?

Speaking of feet and mouths...if someone likes their toes sucked they better take frequent showers.
  • Reply 82 of 145
    kukukuku Posts: 254member
    I think most of it has been said if the reader is one that can sort out facts from opinions. A strong defensive American biases even if it's use with best of intentions.

Yes generally you don't need to shower once a day, with aforementioned exceptions.

But to elaborate...

From my experience it's more of clothing smelling bad then the actual body. It would take A LOT of ventilation to move oder that far and even then, a person's breath would smell even worse given a normal routine.

In the winter when a person wears 2-4 layers of clothing, you care barely smell anything that is related to the body.

SO everyone that thinks a person smells, unless it's summer time when you can't blame them, is most likely from clothes or something on the clothes.

This is also not to mention that in US, we have a very high amount of air conditioned areas, the argument of "getting dirty fast" is very limited.

So yea we americans are wasteful and foolish, but hey it works well enough to go on with life. And YES it's wasteful.

The argument of reuseable water is pure BS. It's like people forgot all their economics. ALLL(generally speaking) water is treated in one form or another, and what runs those machines? Yep it will eventually go into our own American pockets.

We are wasting water more then we should, and by that I mean pumping, treating, and re pumping h2o around. Moving water isn't free you know -.-Though in the defense of showering, it shouldn't be much compared to where most of our water is used, in pretty lawns, agriculture, and other high demand areas. Unfortunately those are other scandal topics areas. >.<

The rest of the world are not so crazy as us american's, even if they can be smelly, at least they don't spend massive money hiding it. Depending on opinion though it's money well spent in this society.

I believe the only other country that are cleaner then us are the Japanese, and that's from religious/cultural aspects. Shinto-ism believes that a clean body is a clean soul, or something like that.
  • Reply 83 of 145
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Speaking of feet and mouths...if someone likes their toes sucked they better take frequent showers.

Well, I tried to refrain from asking, but it seems that I couldn't manage it.....

Oh, nevermind.
  • Reply 84 of 145
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

As I mentioned elsewhere, I took a course on The History of Film.

I also took Cinematography I.

Any other questions?

Have you got that foot out of your mouth yet? Was it tasty?

Hey! I *tried* to delete it...

Sheesh. Never insinuate that you know some people's ages, within a decade or two. Oy.

MODERATOR DECREE: EVERYONE ON THESE BOARDS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY AND PERPETUALLY 22 YEARS OLD. THAT IS ALL.*

*Void where prohibited by law, or if you do something stupid that breaks laws in your own geographical area. Moderators and AI will be held utterly not responsible for your own buffoonery.
  • Reply 85 of 145
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I shower every morning. 7 days a week. I'll also have a hot bath a few nights a week to soak my aching neck. I wash my hair every day. I use deodorant every day. I've never given it a second thought.

Before reading this thread, I thought anyone who didn't shower every day was either a pig, or too lazy to care about hygene.

Actually, I still sort of do. Sorry. I'm in an honest mood today. Get your ass in the shower for chrissakes.

• Reply 86 of 145
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

DECREE: EVERYONE ON THESE BOARDS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY AND PERPETUALLY 22 YEARS OLD. THAT IS ALL.*

Can I take this to the DMV?

I shower every day and take a bath a few times a week. It's amazing what comes off you after a long soak in a hot tub, even if you shower every day.

Usually if someone reeks it's because they aren't washing their clothes enough. Plus, I've noticed that man-made fabrics seem to make one stink more. I have a couple of free-from-work t-shirts that I stopped wearing because by the time I got home from a hard workout they stank.
  • Reply 87 of 145
    Quote:

Hey! I *tried* to delete it...

Sheesh. Never insinuate that you know some people's ages, within a decade or two. Oy.

MODERATOR DECREE: EVERYONE ON THESE BOARDS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY AND PERPETUALLY 22 YEARS OLD. THAT IS ALL.*

*Void where prohibited by law, or if you do something stupid that breaks laws in your own geographical area. Moderators and AI will be held utterly not responsible for your own buffoonery.

Trying some fancy footwork, eh?

Just a clue: it ain't workin'...

I want 'true' remorse. I want you down on your knees, chastened, requesting forgiveness. (A touch of groveling wouldn't go amiss either.)

I have a small stiletto sharpened up...just in case you commit another heinous breach of etiquette... I figure a minor wound in the side might serve to remind you of the niceties, Kickaha, my sweet.

Oh, and I also took "Scriptwriting for Screenplays and Video Production". Nearly forgot about that one. Just another point to add to the evidence of my interest in film in general.

AND...I'll forgive you eventually. Just not yet. I think you need to suffer a bit more discomfiture...to remind you that it is always a wise plan to "put brain in gear before engaging mouth".
  • Reply 88 of 145
    In his defense, it does say "Senior" member above your name,

<tee hee>

• Reply 89 of 145
    Dude, your monitor is upside down.
  • Reply 90 of 145
    Quote:

Trying some fancy footwork, eh?

Just a clue: it ain't workin'...

Would you prefer a tango?

Quote:

I want 'true' remorse. I want you down on your knees, chastened, requesting forgiveness. (A touch of groveling wouldn't go amiss either.)

Carol, my dear, I leave that for the boudoir.

Quote:

I have a small stiletto sharpened up...

Now you're talkin'!

Oh wait, you meant the *knife*, not the *heel*... nebbermind.

Quote:

just in case you commit another heinous breach of etiquette... I figure a minor wound in the side might serve to remind you of the niceties, Kickaha, my sweet.

Oh woe is me! A flesh wound as evidence of my curlish nature and general societal unkemptness!

*hand to forehead*

Where's that stapler...

Quote:

Oh, and I also took "Scriptwriting for Screenplays and Video Production". Nearly forgot about that one. Just another point to add to the evidence of my interest in film in general.

AND...I'll forgive you eventually. Just not yet. I think you need to suffer a bit more discomfiture...to remind you that it is always a wise plan to "put brain in gear before engaging mouth".

Always a wise plan.

Even wiser is being quick on the Delete.
  • Reply 91 of 145
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    (From the bleachers)

Hehehe....Go Carol, go Carol

Hoisted on his own petard.

Show no mercy!
  • Reply 92 of 145
    It's a full scale revolt!

To the Bastille! THE BASTILLE!
  • Reply 93 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

In his defense, it does say "Senior" member above your name,

<tee hee>

Yeah, well, I took issue with that designation when I first joined. I said, why not use a term like "diamond member" - or something along those lines?

To me, 'senior member' sounds like "an old d***" - sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me.

No one seemed to agree. (shrugs) Oh well.

Btw - you'll be a 'senior member' yourself before too long, tmp! In just a few more posts...
  • Reply 94 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Dude, your monitor is upside down.

Nope, I was. Yoga. Vain attempt to keep the wrinkles away.

Carol, I think I'm closer to "senior" in real life... I wasn't old enough to see that movie, but I'm old enough to remember the furor it caused.

I'm all for "Diamond" member. Senior makes me think I should have a white beard.
  • Reply 95 of 145
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    interesting image the phrases "stilleto heels" and "wound in your side" happens to bring up.
  • Reply 96 of 145

Quote:

Would you prefer a tango?

How about 'you', with a pair of castanets, giving a solo flamenco presentation. Lots of clicking and stomping around. hahaha. What a sight that would be.

Quote:

Carol, my dear, I leave that for the boudoir.

Indeed? Tell me more.

Quote:

Now you're talkin'!

Oh wait, you meant the *knife*, not the *heel*... nebbermind.

You'd rather be kicked in the side with a stiletto heel?

Quote:

Oh woe is me! A flesh wound as evidence of my curlish nature and general societal unkemptness!

*hand to forehead*

Where's that stapler...

Just a small flesh wound. A mere nick, really.

Quote:

Always a wise plan.

Yep...sure is.

Quote:

Even wiser is being quick on the Delete.

Yeah, but there'll always be people like Luca around to catch you out...AND who are ready with popcorn and a comfy chair in the bargain!
  • Reply 97 of 145
    Jesus christ. iChat for an hour and get your rocks off, you guys. This is getting a bit much.

• Reply 98 of 145
    Blame it on Carol.

*RUN*
  • Reply 99 of 145
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    This thread should be titled

"Take a cold shower"
  • Reply 100 of 145
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Is this now cyber-sex?