What do you like about where you live?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    .100 feet from the nicest strip of settled lakeshore on lake michigan.

.Very unique cafes and restaurants. ~70 restaurants within half a mile, so basically there is every kind of food and price point one could want.

.Lots of trees and big, old houses and buildings. A lot of unique and interesting architecture.

.Very diverse in every way.

.Just about no need for the car ever.

.Ride my bike to work along lake bike paths. Can stop at any type of store or restaurant imaginable on the way home if I want. From hidden, wood-lined bookstores to Footlocker to high-end menswear to persian rugs to car dealerships to hardware stores to antique stores to skateshops to.... and notice the plurals.

.Within blocks of the Chicago city limit. Just as urban (if not more) than most parts of chicago, but much more interesting, compact and nicer.

.Can't go more than four blocks anywhere within a mile and a half of my house without running into someone I know.

.People here care actually about their neighborhoods.
  • Reply 62 of 62
    durandaldurandal Posts: 277member
    I'm one of the guys who're actually living in two locations...

My first home is Kelsterbach, a small town near the Airport of Frankfurt/Main (which happens to be Germanys largest and the second- or third-largest of Europe). I moved here because of my job; I'm a programmer in training at a large German airline company.

What I like about this home:

- Usually less than 15 Minutes from home to work

- 1MBit connection @ home (soon to be 2 Mbit) and more than 5 Mbit @work

- You get to take pictures like this (in Frankfurt/Main, one of the largest German buildings) and this (ditto FFM) and this (@ the Airport).

My second home is Weertzen, a very small village (population < 800) in northern Germany. This is my true home town, I try to be there every weekend. If you've got a map of Germany: Weertzen is about 30 miles to the southwest of Hamburg.

What I like about Weertzen:

- Less than 15 Minutes as well, but not from home to work but to my girlfriend

- It's a *VERY* quiet (and therefore relaxing) place

- You get to take pictures like

this (about a 10 minute walk from my parents' house) and this (a 5 minute drive with the car from my parents' house, winter 2002/2003) and this (about the same location, same day).

greetings!

durandal