Nick Berg Beheaded.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Surprised no thread opened up yet. Discuss...

(Link to follow)

Comments

• Reply 2 of 301
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Reading this article, it sounds like he wasn't with the military, so what was a civilian doing in Iraq?
  • Reply 3 of 301
    the generalthe general Posts: 649member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Reading this article, it sounds like he wasn't with the military, so what was a civilian doing in Iraq?

There are lots of civilians in iraq, not all of them american either(remember back a few weeks with all the people being kidnapped?)

I say behead the people who did it, nice and slow.
  • Reply 4 of 301
    Quote:

How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?

You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way.

• Reply 5 of 301
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?

You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way.

Ah. Good. So the plan to bring democracy and light to the ME and "drain the swamp" of terrorists is right on track then.
  • Reply 6 of 301
    vice108vice108 Posts: 26member
    Remember children, Islam is the religion of peace.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/iraq2vediom.wmv

WARNING - GRAPHIC VIDEO LINKED
  • Reply 7 of 301
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vice108

This same sarcasm is making the rounds across the world in reference to the US's claims of spreading human rights and democracy. It's clearly misguided in both cases.
  • Reply 8 of 301
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    ^

Ay lad, sadly the knife cuts both ways...
  • Reply 9 of 301
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

I say behead the people who did it, nice and slow.

take an eye for an eye, leave the whole world blind ( - that famous peacenik)

if we would behave in accordance to geneva conventions in the first place, this wouldn't have happen.

but, yeah, let's carpet bomb the whole place
  • Reply 10 of 301
    Bad folks. These people are bastards first, Muslims second. Having said that, Abu Ghraib is a gift to them.
  • Reply 11 of 301
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Abu Ghraib is a gift to them.

It is, but we shouldn't believe for a second that this act was in response to that. The exact same thing was done to Daniel Pearl long before this Iraq prison business.
  • Reply 12 of 301
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Bad folks. These people are bastards first, Muslims second.

best reply yet!
  • Reply 13 of 301
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

It is, but we shouldn't believe for a second that this act was in response to that. The exact same thing was done to Daniel Pearl long before this Iraq prison business.

indeed, but, by saying that it is, it's going to piss off a hell of a lot more people than it would otherwise.
  • Reply 14 of 301
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    it is a horrible thing, my thoughts go out to his family, his friends...

violence to stop violence so rarely works...sadly it is often the first thing tried...

shame on them...hopefully there is a hell and they will visit it and stay

g
  • Reply 15 of 301
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vice108

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/iraq2vediom.wmv

WARNING - GRAPHIC VIDEO LINKED

link down
  • Reply 16 of 301
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

it is a horrible thing, my thoughts go out to his family, his friends...

violence to stop violence so rarely works...sadly it is often the first thing tried...

g

Indeed, It's a lot easier to retaliate in like suit than to work out anything else, but violence begets violence, the whole thing is a terrible cycle of hate, and there is no easy way out.
  • Reply 17 of 301
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
  • Reply 18 of 301
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    What a heinious act by a group of masked cowards.

I'm sorry, but although the crimes against prisoners at Abu Ghraib were despicable, its hardly an excuse for a response such as this. This kind of barbarism is appalling and sickening. I don't begin to understand the mindset that sees this as some form of perverted justice. Fsking animals.
  • Reply 19 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

That's certainly true. It isn't as if they needed an excuse, of course, but they will latch onto anything they can to validate this kind of gesture. It must be easier to kill someone if you're all pumped up on 'righteous anger.' Certainly they did it as much for the people of Iraq as awful propaganda as for the Americans.
  • Reply 20 of 301
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    As tempting as it is to click on the link I know better; it will only sicken me. There's a reason that there's yet to be peace in the Middle East, you're looking at it.