Nick Berg Beheaded.

Comments

• Reply 61 of 301
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

I sit here shaking after that. My body is totally numb.

After reading how you, murbot and others reacted, I guess I won't let myself watch the video. It would be seared into my brain forever...and would undoubtedly be traumatizing.

I read an article this weekend in which a Saudi executioner was interviewed. He discussed cutting off heads, hands, legs. He seemed proud of his professionalism, and proud that his son was following him in his occupation.

If the guys who killed Nick Berg are so proud of themselves, why don't they show some courage and take off their masks? If they really are doing what God wishes, why disguise themselves? Why don't they want the world to know who they are? Could it be that they, too, realize how disgusting and primitive their deeds are?
  • Reply 62 of 301
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

No one should watch it if they do not want to.

I personally like facing things that I do not understand. I actually have listened to arguments that maybe the US was arrogant and assuming and possibly bringing some of this on ourselves.

That video has clinched it for me. We are not facing humans, rather monsters.

Thousands upon thousands of them. Some possibly here among us right now, hailing this video as we speak, any malfeasance by a handful of US soldiers, aside.

God help us all.

• Reply 63 of 301
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

Family knew what has happened to him, before this surfaced...

I really don't know what to say, i'm so sick of all this...

Everything about this war stinks, from whatever angle you look at it..

And this will just make it worse.

what the fvck is wrong with us ?

By us you mean humans?

I think that the US is in the right here and are stuck, because it must be finished.

AQ is a sick and despicable group representing the worst of human nature.

I am with you, war is hell.
  • Reply 64 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

After reading how you, murbot and others reacted, I guess I won't let myself watch the video. It would be seared into my brain forever...and would undoubtedly be traumatizing.

I read an article this weekend in which a Saudi executioner was interviewed. He discussed cutting off heads, hands, legs. He seemed proud of his professionalism, and proud that his son was following him in his occupation.

If the guys who killed Nick Berg are so proud of themselves, why don't they show some courage and take off their masks? If they really are doing what God wishes, why disguise themselves? Why don't they want the world to know who they are? Could it be that they, too, realize how disgusting and primitive their deeds are?

Don't watch it, you sound like it would effect you badly. trust me it is the worst thing I have ever seen... ever.

One bad thing though, words cannot quite describe it. It is a catch 22 in that respect. You really never understand it till you see it.

You are right, these people are cowards, they know they will be instantly vaporized if they had shown their faces. So much for that chance at 70 virgins, huh?

Maybe next time.
  • Reply 65 of 301
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

By us you mean humans?

I think that the US is in the right here and are stuck, because it must be finished.

Naples, stop with that AQ, bullsh*t.

I don't want to insult you, so i will try not to say anything bad, but...

..... tempting.... ...

nevermind.

Good Night everybody, let's hope tomorrow will be better..
  • Reply 66 of 301
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Quote:

I hope you guys that are siding with these people

Who here has ever sided with AQ?
  • Reply 67 of 301
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

By us you mean humans?

I'm not going to change your mind because it seems set firmly in place. What I will say is this.... killing is killing. No matter how you justify it.. it's still killing. Whether it's a war or terror, both sides have their causes. Neither of which I agree with.
  • Reply 68 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

Naples, stop with that AQ, bullsh**t.

I don't want to insult you, so i will try not to say something bad, but...

..... tempting.... ...

nevermind.

Good Night everybody, let's hope tomorrow will be better..

As long as AQ and those that support them are in existence, I fear your hope for tomorrow will be shattered.
  • Reply 69 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I'm not going to change your mind because it seems set firmly in place. What I will say is this.... killing is killing. No matter how you justify it.. it's still killing. Whether it's a war or terror, both sides have their causes. Neither of which I agree with.

Accept that the terrorists have a vision of tyranny and fascism, death and dismemberment, war and havoc.

Even if what many assert as the purpose of this war, namely for control of oil, it is far milder that what the terrorist have in mind for all of us infidels.

I assert that the US has good motives, for the most part in this thing.

Which side do you wish to prevail in this now global war, because one side will win. That is the nature of wars.
  • Reply 70 of 301
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ok, that video is messed up. i should have known better.

ugh.
  • Reply 71 of 301
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

This is raw horrific stuff that is going on, and we should be uniting us as humans to head towards a workable solution, not calling others names and resorting to petty attitudes.

Amen brother.

All of the events in the world going on right now have hit me.

I truly hope peace can be found.

Fellowship
  • Reply 72 of 301
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    i watched it in expose so i could make it go away as soon as possible. i dont know why i attempt these things, i have the weakest stomatch in the world.
  • Reply 73 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

i watched it in expose so i could make it go away as soon as possible. i dont know why i attempt these things, i have the weakest stomatch in the world.

I had to fight throwing up.

I feel for you, really.
  • Reply 74 of 301
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Yes...why am I watching this video? Shudder. This kind of stuff is too horrific to stomach...makes one wonder how low human beings can sink, and if there is any limit to what humans will do to others, especially by those in a position of phsyical advantage/strength over another. I remember feeling the same anger/sadness/frustration/revulsion when watching the murder of Rachel Corrie, another American citizen getting deliberately crushed, under an Israeli bulldozer, the driver driving forwards then reversing repeatedly over her broken body. In stark contrast with the reactions to the deaths of (for example) Daniel Pearl and the recent spate of executions of US civilians in Iraq, Rachel's horrendous, vicious fate was ignored at best, and praised at worst, by many in the American mainstream.

Unbelievable.

An American is brutally murdered by Arab terrorists in the middle of Iraq and Sammi feels the need to remind us that the Jews are bad people too.

I've decided not to watch it, based on some of the reactions here.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family.
  • Reply 75 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Amen brother.

All of the events in the world going on right now have hit me.

I truly hope peace can be found.

Fellowship

I don't think that peace can be had until evildoers know that good people will not put up with this any longer.

I also agree unity is key, but unity against evil.

We all have a responsibility to stick up for those that cannot for themselves. I truly feel that we all need to get up off of our apathetic asses and do the right thing every day. This is where it truly starts.
  • Reply 76 of 301
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member

Quote:

He discussed cutting off heads, hands, legs. He seemed proud of his professionalism, and proud that his son was following him in his occupation.

Why am I not surprised?

Must be an extra curricular course in their education system.
  • Reply 77 of 301
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

Al Queda has been barbaric from the begining - it has nothing to do with the abuse and torture at Abu Ghraib, which is despicable. I despise the Bush administration as much as anyone, but I think it is crass to try to blame this on Bush - the people who did this are the ones responsible, as are the torturers at Abu Ghraib. I'm afraid we are becoming the monsters we are trying to fight. It is going to be a long hot summer. I already feel that a threshold has been crossed, and I don't see any end to the violence until something truly horrifying occurs.

Doesn't the saying go to beat a monster you need to become a monster? I have your horrific event right here. Lets flash back to 1945 and see what happens to Japan. As a person said earlier why stop their. Nuke afganistan, nuke pakistan, nuke north korea, nuke egypt, nuke lybria, and let just nuke the whole world as we are at it, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Reply 78 of 301
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

Lets flash back to 1945 and see what happens to Japan

I need to go back to 1941 and see who started that whole mess.
  • Reply 79 of 301
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    or we could try and keep this thread from massive derailment and pretty much agree it's this was a terrible thing, and not try to cheapen things with stupid, transparent political agendas.
  • Reply 80 of 301
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i was going to watch the movie... but i don't have real player and i honestly think i know what follows the segments that were on the news tonight...

i guess i have seen enough decapitated people in my life :/...