Nick Berg Beheaded.

Comments

• Reply 41 of 301
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,018member
    I wanted to add that West Chester, where Nick Berg is from...is where I do my graduate work. It's 15 minutes from me.

Fucking bastards.
  • Reply 42 of 301
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Ah west chester... neither west of nor much like chester...

Now if he was from chester...
  • Reply 43 of 301
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

I watched it. It is, of course, sickening. I am wondering why I watched it now.

burningwheel:

had we not invaded Iraq?

had we not invaded Iraq

if Gore was president and he invaded Iraq, i would blame it on him
  • Reply 44 of 301
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    This one really hits home - I grew up in West Chester. The YMCA mentioned in the CNN article is where I learned to swim, where my brother learned to swim. I think my brother may have known him.
  • Reply 45 of 301
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

burningwheel:

thanks mr. president

I'm actually going to agree with you, SDW. I mean, i'm at the opposite end of the political spectrum as you, but I get very tired of this implied "we told you so" attitude that some of the left has taken on. This is raw horrific stuff that is going on, and we should be uniting us as humans to head towards a workable solution, not calling others names and resorting to petty attitudes.

I will not exempt the right from bitterness and name calling. I find it particularly offensive when my patriotism is questioned when I oppose violence.
  • Reply 46 of 301
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

burningwheel:

How dare you make this about Bush. Do you honestly think these animals would not hate Americans and everything we stand for had Al Gore been President? Or, had we not invaded Iraq?

This is the enemy we face. Someone tell me how "winning hearts and minds" is going to defeat them.

We make this about Bush because he is the puppet that took the world to war. What I think is funny is how the focus is changing. From liberators from Saddam, then to rebuilding Iraq, now to punishing the people who are killing you. Maybe if America wasn't in Iraq killing innocents, then maybe people would not be being beheaded.

What stability has been brought to Iraq? All I can see is the polarisation of a nations hate towards foreigners.

I do not condone the beheading, but this is the bed you have made for yourself and now you have to lie in it. Enjoy the nightmares because I don't see it getting any better.
  • Reply 47 of 301
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

Yeah, Right....

What about pearle?

Have you forgotten the WTCs?
  • Reply 48 of 301
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Al Queda has been barbaric from the begining - it has nothing to do with the abuse and torture at Abu Ghraib, which is despicable. I despise the Bush administration as much as anyone, but I think it is crass to try to blame this on Bush - the people who did this are the ones responsible, as are the torturers at Abu Ghraib. I'm afraid we are becoming the monsters we are trying to fight. It is going to be a long hot summer. I already feel that a threshold has been crossed, and I don't see any end to the violence until something truly horrifying occurs.
  • Reply 49 of 301
    I hope you guys that are siding with these people remember that video when you try to defend AQ and terrorists in general. This is what they do.

There will be more and more of this unless this movement is defeated.

I sit here shaking after that. My body is totally numb.

I don't want to hear anyone say that guy deserved that. God, at least shoot him first.

Man o man.
  • Reply 50 of 301
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

There will be more and more of this unless this movement is defeated.

Yup, and you'll get used to it. It's what Americans do best. Bombings/beheadings...what's the dif? Americans and Iraqis are dieing every f*cking day, every f*cking hour...I don't see what all the 'beheading' fuss is about honestly. Big deal. It's a quick way to die, thank god for that. At least they didn't rape him first.
  • Reply 51 of 301
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Waits Arabs outrage to this video.

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Guess its not going to happen.

Most disgusting think I have ever seen.

Lets pull out and nuke.

Bastards
  • Reply 52 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Yup, and you'll get used to it. It's what Americans do best. Bombings/beheadings...what's the dif? Americans and Iraqis are dieing every f*cking day, every f*cking hour...I don't see what all the 'beheading' fuss is about honestly. Big deal. It's a quick way to die, thank god for that. At least they didn't rape him first.

It was not quick at all.

Watch the video and say it was fast.
  • Reply 53 of 301
    Quote:

It's a quick way to die,

You got to be kidding.

Strapping a bomb to yourself, these bastards favorite, is the quickest.
  • Reply 54 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Guess its not going to happen.

Most disgusting think I have ever seen.

Lets pull out and nuke.

Bastards [/B]

Just Iraq? Hell why stop there? Why not the whole middle east? Its easy to rush and say that but the fall out of what would happen would be worse than any beheading, any WTC attack/s. The world as we know it would change and not for the better. That is not an option.
  • Reply 55 of 301
    Maybe.

They are freakinn barbaric over there.

Thought crap like that only existed in movies.

Only sickos would praise god after something like that.

SICKOS.
  • Reply 56 of 301
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Other things aside...

Knowing what's that link points to...

WHY WOULD YOU WATCH IT?

i won't..
  • Reply 57 of 301
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    If we nuke the Middle East, though, we have to show videos of children in the streets slowly dying after half their skin is melted off their body. We have to show the people whose eyes were burned out of their sockets because they didn't turn away from the blast. Afterwards, we can bring the President or some other government or military official in to rationalize why we did the right thing, and to probably throw in the "God Bless America" line. Of course you wouldn't see the two showed right in sequence, but the idea is the same.

I do agree that it would be a fitting death for these rotten bastards, but unfortunately we'd end up killing thousands more innocent people at the same time. I totally understand the sentiment, though.

By the way, I did not watch the video and I do not intend to. I almost get sick just hearing it described.
  • Reply 58 of 301
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    First of all, I haven't watched the video, I don't intend to watch the video.

I still find it very strange that this 'civilian' was over there with no job, was 'detained' by the Iraqi Police and the US Military, and they don't want to talk about why he might have been over there. It sounds like this guy might have been a spy.

I wonder if we would have heard about this at all if not for the video being posted by the terrorists....
  • Reply 59 of 301
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

Other things aside...

Knowing what's that link points to...

WHY WOULD YOU WATCH IT?

i won't..

No one should watch it if they do not want to.

I personally like facing things that I do not understand. I actually have listened to arguments that maybe the US was arrogant and assuming and possibly bringing some of this on ourselves.

That video has clinched it for me. We are not facing humans, rather monsters.

Thousands upon thousands of them. Some possibly here among us right now, hailing this video as we speak, any malfeasance by a handful of US soldiers, aside.

God help us all.
  • Reply 60 of 301
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Family knew what has happened to him, before this surfaced...

I really don't know what to say, i'm so sick of all this...

Everything about this war stinks, from whatever angle you look at it..

And this will just make it worse.

what the fvck is wrong with us ?