Apple Tablet PC

Comments

• Reply 101 of 170
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

back on track:

from el reg

They filed for "Computer" on July 27th. Maybe that's it, but the docs aren't available online. Just the filing, here.
  • Reply 102 of 170
    Apple has filed a trademark design for a handheld computer according to The Register UK. Here are the several sketches that were included in the filing.

Doesn't really seem to be a tablet in the current sense. Interesting I'd say. Go here for complete article.
  • Reply 103 of 170
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

They filed for "Computer" on July 27th. Maybe that's it, but the docs aren't available online. Just the filing, here.

Throw in the 60gb toshiba disk drives?

and an 802.11g + Bluetooth chip?

And add a dash of tivo technology... here

http://www.tivo.com/1.2.13.asp

note: tivo to go

Might be a product worthy of 20th aniversery Mac.
  • Reply 104 of 170
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    Tablet, yes

Tivo, ick
  • Reply 105 of 170
    See? It's coming. Apple tablet baybeee.

This will get released, just like the video iPod and all the other stuff people naysay.
  • Reply 106 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by octane

Tablet, yes

Tivo, ick

ok, ick, but how are you gonna get content in?

Otherwise just pick up a piece of slate and a stick of chalk and go at it!

Cheap tablet!
  • Reply 107 of 170
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

This will get released, just like the video iPod and all the other stuff people naysay.

This isn't a tablet. It's a computer only the way iPod is a computer. Its capablities, powers and price will be as a DLD.

I am a believer.
  • Reply 108 of 170
    Quote:

Maybe your right, who knows, but you DO realize that Steve Jobs is among the naysayer right? So what this means is that if the video iPod comes out even Steve jobs will be surprised...

Think about it...
  • Reply 109 of 170
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    DGNR8

You sure you don't have inside information. Post on 7/19 about a tablet and then 8/13 The Register reveals Apple has filed for a patent on a hand held computer that scetchs indicate a tablet. Anyway, congragulations on beating The Register by almost a month in reviving the tablet rumors.
  • Reply 110 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

Maybe your right, who knows, but you DO realize that Steve Jobs is among the naysayer right? So what this means is that if the video iPod comes out even Steve jobs will be surprised...

Think about it...

No, Steve will just call it something else!

RDF Remember!
  • Reply 111 of 170
    Quote:

Yeah, those might only be some humble store employees but they just might know more than some AI Board "pundits." heh heh. Funny how things change in a couple of days.

Um, given that M. D. Anderson is one of the leading cancer hospitals in the U.S.A. and also happens to be located in Houston, who knows which apple employee told the tale of the tablet and who told whom thereafter?

Good call!
  • Reply 112 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

This isn't a tablet. It's a computer only the way iPod is a computer. Its capablities, powers and price will be as a DLD.

I am a believer.

Tablet tablet! It's coming! I'm just teasing, chill.

I'm just excited about the possibility of new Apple products. It's good to see that every once in a while Apple surprises us with things like Airport Express or things like that. So it would be interesting to see them try their hand at the tablet business. I know this ain't a tablet, the one reported by The Register, but it's just a general way of calling it because of the form factor.
  • Reply 113 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

Think about it...

Yeah, those pesky employees releasing products behind Steve's back. He'll be surprised hehe.
  • Reply 114 of 170
    Interesting that there's no mention of size. Even though it looks something like an iBook, it in fact could be that 5 X 7 size device spoken about all over the web in 2003!
  • Reply 115 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Interesting that there's no mention of size. Even though it looks something like an iBook, it in fact could be that 5 X 7 size device spoken about all over the web in 2003!

Yeah, I always wondered what happened to that strange 8-inch display device they talked about. Or what was the supposed screen size? I remember reading about it in MacRumors.com
  • Reply 116 of 170
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Is it just me or does that look like an iPod dock connector on the bottom?
  • Reply 117 of 170
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

Is it just me or does that look like an iPod dock connector on the bottom?

It's not just you. I can see that, too. That would make sense.

Hmmm, and PortalPlayer's going public now, too....
  • Reply 118 of 170
    gavrielgavriel Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

It's not just you. I can see that, too. That would make sense.

How's that, Amorph?
  • Reply 119 of 170
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Paging Kormac...
  • Reply 120 of 170