OFFICIAL NFL thread

Comments

• Reply 221 of 278
    thttht Posts: 5,452member
    Rams v Falcons: Michael Vick is the greatest show on Earth. Hehe, the Rams used to be called that. Wow. It's like Vick can get 10+ yards almost any time he wants.
  • Reply 222 of 278
    Fucking kickers
  • Reply 223 of 278
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I can't believe I missed the Jets-Steelers game for a rubber chicken dinner.

<bangs head on keyboard>

folujl.ikyhn4r986,l nj fvjm .p87i ikyujui8ik ju8 7i9o bnooo nn b b78uj
  • Reply 224 of 278
    Vikings v Eagles: It's the bad Vikings that have shown up for this game. You could tell with the first Vikings possession.
  • Reply 225 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Bad Vikings! Go to your room!

The Randy Moss trade rumors start tomorrow...
  • Reply 226 of 278
    Bah. It's not Moss. It's Culpepper who is the source of the Vikings offensive woes. He's not that accurate of a passer. He has some good days, but has too many bad days for the Vikings to do a lot of damage.
  • Reply 227 of 278
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Eagles Win!

Well, here we are again. I feel much more comfortable with the Eagles this year then I have in the past. They looked really good today on both sides of the ball. The major problem I saw was that they gave up some passes that they never should have. Fortunately, Michael Vick will not pose the same threat to the Eagles pass defense...at least that's what I think.

I have a feeling that this year, Philly is going all the way. They will go to the Superbowl, be picked to lose, but then win.

Now, off to watch Colts v. Patriots. Gotta root for Manning.
  • Reply 228 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

Bah. It's not Moss. It's Culpepper who is the source of the Vikings offensive woes. He's not that accurate of a passer. He has some good days, but has too many bad days for the Vikings to do a lot of damage.

I was thinking of Moss' on/off field behavior issues, and that he seemed to 'give up' on the game today. He dropped at least 3 catchable balls, and seemed completely out of it on the fake FG.
  • Reply 229 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Now, off to watch Colts v. Patriots. Gotta root for Manning.

Doesn't look good for the Colts right now. For all the offensive prowess, Manning seems no different from Culpepper in one respect, not clutch in the big games. Wonder how the media will portray Manning now, barring miracle, that he can't get pass the Pats.
  • Reply 230 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

I was thinking of Moss' on/off field behavior issues, and that he seemed to 'give up' on the game today. He dropped at least 3 catchable balls, and seemed completely out of it on the fake FG.

He was out of it for the fake field goal, and dropped a few balls, but the single most important player on the offensive side of the field is QB, and you aren't going to tell me that the Vikings chances doesn't ride on Culpepper's arm and audibles. Culpepper is not willing to thread the needle, still overthrows and underthrows passes, and still makes poor decisions.

In the first quarter, he either horribly underthrown most of the passes or the recievers ran the wrong routes. I've watched David Carr in Houston for most of this season and I'd take his arm over Culpepper's any day. Very frustrating.

Moss' behavior isn't really the problem to the Vikings' on field performance. If the Vikings management think trading him will solve problems, they don't know what the problem is. Not trying to blame Culpepper entirely either, the defense today couldn't pressure the Eagles whatsoever. Containing McNabb from running may have been their strategy today, but it was the wrong strategy, McNabb isn't Michael Vick.
  • Reply 231 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

[Moss] seemed completely out of it on the fake FG.

Who knows why I'm defending Moss so much, but, from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

A fake, not a masterpiece

Mark Craig, Star Tribune

... But backup center Cory Withrow never got the call for a fake. He ran onto the field and lined up at his usual spot at left tight end as players and coaches screamed for him to come back to the sideline.

"I'm supposed to come out so Randy can stay in," Withrow said. "It's all my fault. I basically messed the whole thing up."

Rather than be penalized for having 12 men on the field, Moss stepped off the field as some on the Vikings sideline were seen yelling for him to return to the field.

If Moss had stayed on the field, the worst that could have happened was the Vikings would have been penalized 5 yards for having too many players on the field. They could have lined up and kicked a 26-yard field goal.

Vikings coach Mike Tice tried to call timeout but said he couldn't get the officials' attention.

So, everyone seems to think that Moss pulled a bonehead play here, but it isn't entirely the truth. I'll give it a 90% chance of the bonehead play being blamed on Moss though. I think it is a 50% chance that within a few years, it will be known that Moss actually mooned Lambeau field, instead of pantomiming.
  • Reply 232 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i swear, the vikings never seem to put it together 100% on the field. i have just never been a big mike tice fan. i think he's a great guy that people want to play for, but i think you need organization more than anything else from the top down. i think the game has changed enough that motivational speeches don't do it anymore.

i was stunned by the falcons. i was saying throughout the year that the falcons record was due to a sub-par division, not a stellar team. part of me still believes that (the rams have been jekyll/hyde all year... for the past three years). if the eagles can rattle vick, it's over, and kearse was the strongest addition this year to make that happen. i mean, hell, this is the same team that got to the nfc championship last year, AND they added kearse and no major overhauls. i say eagles...

i am astounded at belichik (?). i just cannot doubt him anymore. yes, the game will be in pitt, but i still see him finding a way to give the rookie his first loss. though an intra-pennsylvania rivalry on neutral ground would make for an interesting game, wouldn't it?
  • Reply 233 of 278
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I understand that it wasn't his fault, but the point is that Moss repeatedly shows his lack of class and humility.

I think Culpepper is a very capable quarterback and the Vikings as a team are very good, but anytime the Vikings lose, I'm happy - simply because Moss is such a jerk.

Can't wait until Moss gets a bit older and his talent fades. He'll be one of those receivers who is shipped from team to team and then fades into obscurity.

I can't believe how flat the Colts were!

I'm really tired of seeing the Patriots in the SuperBowl.

I'm hoping for a Pittsburgh vs. Atlanta SB.
  • Reply 234 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

Doesn't look good for the Colts right now. For all the offensive prowess, Manning seems no different from Culpepper in one respect, not clutch in the big games. Wonder how the media will portray Manning now, barring miracle, that he can't get pass the Pats.

Or is it that dome teams can't win in weather games?

• Reply 235 of 278
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The Pats are totally in the Colts' heads. I don't think the Colts will ever be able to muster the mental fortitude to beat the Pats in this generation of players and coaches. The mental hurdle is just too great now. The Pats own the Colts, and, in the word of Pedro, the Colts should just tip their hat and call the Pats their daddy.
  • Reply 236 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The Pats played a scary-mean game . . . and the Steelers played a mediocre game . . .

But somehow I can't help but think that the nickel will be on the other side this comming week.

Rothlisberger now knows what to expect as far as playoff-speed games is concerned . . . and I'm sure that play calling will be adjusted accordingly . . . and Duce was playing a good game when he came in . . . and, of course, so was Bettis . . . they are going to be integral

and it must be repeated over again: the Steelers have played against Corey Dillong two games a eyar for four years . . . they have his number . . . he will not single-handedly change the balance of the game . . .

Steelers will pull an upset, seeing as they clearly are everybodies vote for losing!
  • Reply 237 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

The Pats are totally in the Colts' heads. I don't think the Colts will ever be able to muster the mental fortitude to beat the Pats in this generation of players and coaches. The mental hurdle is just too great now. The Pats own the Colts, and, in the word of Pedro, the Colts should just tip their hat and call the Pats their daddy.

well, the same could have been said of the boston red sox, though... before this past season.
  • Reply 238 of 278
    The Eagles better not F!#$ it up this time. That is all I have to say. Either way, Philly is going to burn on Sunday.
  • Reply 239 of 278
    Patriots and Falcons to the Super Bowl.

Falcons will win their first!
  • Reply 240 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Patriots and Falcons to the Super Bowl.

Falcons will win their first!

That's an insane prediction. The Falcons are the worst team of the four. So not only does Atlanta beat Philly (sorry, but unlikely), they also beat New England or Pittsburgh? Ummm..no.