OFFICIAL NFL thread

Comments

• Reply 141 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    There are three main differences besides Brothlisberger: the Offensive line is Healthy and kicking butt, and when you couple that with a return of the RUN at all costs priority game-style (with real-depth at running back) then you get good movement and time clock management options.

Then, you have Dick Lebeau back as defensive coordinator, and he is bringing back a very agressive style of "Blitsburgh' play

Plus, it turns out that they have real depth at Linbacker . . . Kendrell Bell was injured but Larry Foote put a step in the door and has been showing humself very solid . . . as has the replacement for Jason Gildon: Clark Haggans,

And, Chad Scott got injured in the Cornerback and allowed a returning veteran to step in and show he is still awesome: Willie Williams

Plus teh new-commers in the secondary: Hope, Coughlouh and especially Polumalu . . . Palomalu is playing like a MONSTER at safety . . . hitting harder than that guy from the Raiders in the 70s who's name escapes me . .

anyway: mostly: Oline. running-style, and super solid Defensice play . . but all in all it is just gelling: they seem to really be working and acting like a unit

. . . . no trash talking, no overly outspoken egos . . . it seems to be all about the team this year. . . .

oh yeah . . . and Big Ben is awesome too . .

I hope it stays this way . . .
  • Reply 142 of 278
    anddid I mention that the BUS is back!
  • Reply 143 of 278
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Great Monday Night Football tonight.

Colts and Vikings answering each others scores.

Glad to see Peyton and Co. come out on top 31-28.

Wonder if it would've been different with Moss in the game.

Probably.
  • Reply 144 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Palomalu is playing like a MONSTER at safety . . . hitting harder than that guy from the Raiders in the 70s who's name escapes me . .

Jack Tatum!!

That Raider from olden days that hit to kill . . .

I think I remember him even paralyzing someone he hit him so hard

anyway, its funny that I thought of him cause today I saw that semi-funny TV add during the game about the Raiders in space and there he was, in costume, Jack Tatum.

{EDIT: art into 'jack'}
  • Reply 145 of 278
    Right on pfflam! Number 32, A.K.A. The Assasin.

I was thinking the same thing about Polumalu. The kid is INTENSE!
  • Reply 146 of 278
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Great Monday Night Football tonight.

Colts and Vikings answering each others scores.

Glad to see Peyton and Co. come out on top 31-28.

Wonder if it would've been different with Moss in the game.

Probably.

The game wasn't as close as the score makes it seem. Manning and company's TDs were all fairly easy to scratch out while the Vikings scores all came on very risky, desperate plays. The Colts let them back in in the third because they got lazy.
  • Reply 147 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The game wasn't as close as the score makes it seem.

I agree, but when you're pulling for the team that won, it makes it a great game.
  • Reply 148 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

I agree, but when you're pulling for the team that won, it makes it a great game.

The Vikings were resoundingly manhandled!!

They played like a sieve on Defense and their offense made teh Colts mediocre D seem great!

The Vikings are overrated . . . they are nothing without Moss and their kick returner.
  • Reply 149 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

There are three main differences besides Brothlisberger: the Offensive line is Healthy and kicking butt, and when you couple that with a return of the RUN at all costs priority game-style (with real-depth at running back) then you get good movement and time clock management options.

Heard a great stat comparison last weekend. The announcer said if a QB throws for over 300 yards in a game, that team has a 67% chance of winning.

If a team rushes for over 100 yards in a game, that team has a >90% chance of winning.
  • Reply 150 of 278
    thttht Posts: 5,605member
    Texans were embarrassing today on both sides of the field. Colts were the usual good selves. Painful to watch.
  • Reply 151 of 278
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Well, the Texans have an excuse to some degree. It's not like they're Seattle or anything.
  • Reply 152 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    And the rout is on!

Eagles 21, Dallas 7, middle of the 2nd.

I don't like TO's mouth, but he makes it look almost easy...WIDE open....

And what's with ABC plugging it's shows during the game? George Lopez in the booth?
  • Reply 153 of 278
    thttht Posts: 5,605member
    Holy long play! I just turned it to the Cowboys v Eagles game - from figure skating - and I saw the play! Wow!

McNabb ran about 70 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then heaved it 50 yards for a completion. Wow. Highlight reel? ESPY candidate?
  • Reply 154 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

Holy long play! I just turned it to the Cowboys v Eagles game - from figure skating - and I saw the play! Wow!

McNabb ran about 70 yards behind the line of scrimmage and then heaved it 50 yards for a completion. Wow. Highlight reel? ESPY candidate?

They timed it, he was running around for 14.1 seconds from snap to pass!

QB Play of the Year?

If it wasn't for the Boy's TE, I think we'd get to see Drew Henson tonight..

(still may anyway....)
  • Reply 155 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

And the rout is on!

Eagles 21, Dallas 7, middle of the 2nd.

I don't like TO's mouth, but he makes it look almost easy...WIDE open....

And what's with ABC plugging it's shows during the game? George Lopez in the booth?

gotta love cross-promotion... next we'll see the entire raiders team on the next episode of lost, and chris berman making a cameo on desperate housewives.
  • Reply 156 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

gotta love cross-promotion... next we'll see the entire raiders team on the next episode of lost, and chris berman making a cameo on desperate housewives.

Hey why not? The Denver Broncos made an appearance on an episode of South Park LOL.
  • Reply 157 of 278
    These coaches need to start listening to Tuesday Morning Quarterback:

Cincinatti, down by 17 end of third quarter on 4th and one yard for a first . . . . what do they do?

they punt it!!

They got extra lucky though, and the returner fumbled and then they scored two plays later....

love it when the Ravens lose . . . I hope the Bungles can pull it together!

and Cleveland too . . . . without a real coach against the Pats . . . . Go Cleveland!!
  • Reply 158 of 278
    Colts kicked ass as usual - this could be Peyton's year (I'm tired of seeing the Patriots in the Super Bowl).

My second favorite team, Tampa, rolled over the Falcons which was quite unexpected and it looks like the Bears are going to beat the Vikings (always happy to see them lose!).

Good games today so far.

NFL Sunday Ticket rules!
  • Reply 159 of 278
    The Eagles are destroying the Packers, 5 TD's in the fist half for McNabb, only one to TO. 35-0!

Right now, I just don't see anyone in the NFC beating the Eagles...
  • Reply 160 of 278
    Not a Packers fan, but I had hoped that they would provide some sort of a challenge for the Eagles. Stopped watching in the 2nd quarter because it was going so badly for Green Bay.

Now very happy that KC has defeated the hated Raiders (well, hated by me. Second only to my hate for the Eagles).

Football is about the only thing that truly brings out my negative side.....

....Football and bad drivers - but really, that's all. heh.