OFFICIAL NFL thread

Comments

• Reply 121 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Yeah!!

Steelers!!

they have it this year for sure . . . . they had some major injuries and then the second string players stepped up and stepped up!!!

Wow, they totally ran over the Pats yesterday.

Pittsburgh played a great game. Tom Brady must've been attacked by the ghost of Drew Bledsoe past cuz all he could do was throw interceptions.
  • Reply 122 of 278
    Roethlisberger is legit. Nothing like watching a QB emerge-especially at the expense of the Patriots. Not that I hate the Pats or anything, but it was about time for someone to bring them back down to Earth.

David Carr showed once again that he is a better QB than Leftwich. I like 'em both, but I don't think Carr gets nearly as much credit as Leftwich (probably because his team doesn't need last-minute drives nearly as often as Jacksonville does). Texans defense has gotten physical as of late-they've knocked out opposing RBs two straight weeks-and finally they have been able to establish consistent pressure on the QB.

Between Carr, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, and the resurrection of Brees, the NFL has a great crop of emerging QBs this year. It should be quite exciting to watch.

How about the Giants laying into the Vikings? Where did the Giants come from, anyway? Who decided to put the 49ers (2nd worst team behind Oakland) on two nationally televised games this year? The Bears always seem to make Sunday or Monday night FB too, despite being bad year after year. The NFL needs to do a better job of picking the games for SNF and MNF if they want the ratings back.
  • Reply 123 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

Roethlisberger is legit. Nothing like watching a QB emerge-especially at the expense of the Patriots. Not that I hate the Pats or anything, but it was about time for someone to bring them back down to Earth.

Yea, I started hearing the "This loss allows us to focus on the game instead of the streak" mantra in my head near the end of the 3rd quarter.

For a couple of years, people didn't believe Tom Brady was legit either.

Quote:

How about the Giants laying into the Vikings? Where did the Giants come from, anyway?

Well, they did snag Kurt Warner who is an awesome QB, as long as he gets enough time in the pocket. The Rams were pretty dumb letting Kurt go. They should've added some strength to their front line instead. Now the nyg get to capitalize on that silly maneuver.
  • Reply 124 of 278
    Freaken Steelers!

How about T. Owens doing R. Lewis' dance in the end zone! I don't know how wise that is but it was funny.

Oh yeah, Warner's resurgence is very impressive. I thought he might be done.
  • Reply 125 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Between Carr, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, and the resurrection of Brees, the NFL has a great crop of emerging QBs this year. It should be quite exciting to watch.

i'm really happy to see brees coming into his own. talk about lame-duck status when your team pulls off a last minute high-trade to get your replacement. and he's starting to get some decent receivers (being a bucs fan, i can say that they got a really good receiver in mccardell... the man's hands are like glue).
  • Reply 126 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Yeah!!

Steelers!!

they have it this year for sure . . . . they had some major injuries and then the second string players stepped up and stepped up!!!

The Eagles/Steelers game this weekend is looking like a mighty interesting game...!!

8-0, baby!! 8)
  • Reply 127 of 278
    Can you guys believe the beatdown the Jets have just handed the Dolphins...
  • Reply 128 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I saw a few minutes of that game . . . but man, that O-line was like trying to hold a river in a rice-paper bag . . . or something like that . .

But Most importantly . . .

at the Steelers game, during the two minute break for commercials this is what we missed:

Great Movie THA T MAKES ME JEALOUS OF THOSE WHO CAN GO TO THE GAMES

Kinda gets me all goose bumpy
  • Reply 129 of 278
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I love that nobody's really talking about my Jets. I bet they'll be underrated until they make it to at least the AFC Championship game.
  • Reply 130 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Well, they did snag Kurt Warner who is an awesome QB, as long as he gets enough time in the pocket. The Rams were pretty dumb letting Kurt go. They should've added some strength to their front line instead. Now the nyg get to capitalize on that silly maneuver.

He still fumbles waaaay too often (3 times in the victory Sunday). I think the Giants have surged due to a change in attitude, the resurgence of the running game (Dayne and Barber back again!), and of course their tough defense.

The Jets beat the Dolphins, no big accomplishment there, but Pennington looked pretty bad in the first half. I'm wondering if he's injured. Nevertheless, Herm Edwards is a great coach, and he deserves a shot at a ring.
  • Reply 131 of 278
    I don't think Pennington was injured. He looked tight. He's definitely a guy who needs to get in a rythymn. He looked like he was throwing too hard in the first half. He needs to find a way to get his game going when the running game is working well.
  • Reply 132 of 278
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Only 5 more hours until the Eagles/Steelers showdown!!

• Reply 133 of 278
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Steelers are laying a smack down on the Eagles so far - 21 to 3 late in the 2nd quarter.

So funny seeing T.O. frustrated and jabbering at McNabb and McNabb trying to walk away from him.
  • Reply 134 of 278
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

So funny seeing T.O. frustrated and jabbering at McNabb and McNabb trying to walk away from him.

Not that funny... McNabb is 6'2" 240+ while TO is like 6'4" 225. What would be funny is if McNabb laid him out on the floor.
  • Reply 135 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

The Eagles/Steelers game this weekend is looking like a mighty interesting game...!!

8-0, baby!! 8)

Wow! Ending two winning streaks in two weeks in convincing fashion. Looks to be an exciting season in Pittsburgh.
  • Reply 136 of 278
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Not that funny... McNabb is 6'2" 240+ while TO is like 6'4" 225. What would be funny is if McNabb laid him out on the floor.

It's funny to me because I hate the Eagles.

Respect McNabb as a player, but anytime they lose I'm happy.

T.O. is a jackass.
  • Reply 137 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPoster

Only 5 more hours until the Eagles/Steelers showdown!!

*ehem*

• Reply 138 of 278
    Pittsburg looks like the best team in the league right now...

Hey, Raiders won a game!
  • Reply 139 of 278
    thttht Posts: 5,441member
    Battle of the pretenders tonight. Unfortunately, I can only watch during commercials of the figure skating competition being shown on ESPN. Wife has priority over football. Damn you, ESPN! Damn you!

No Moss means Vikings loss?
  • Reply 140 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    pittsburgh is really impressive. what has been the difference? i mean, ben's great, esp. for a rookie, but maddox was putting up stellar numbers, too last season, and looked to repeat it again this season, so it seemed like qb was a clean swap.

i hate my bucs... they're giving me hope. finally griese can escape the ghosts that haunted him other places (elway, his dad). and with the saints losing as well as the panthers, and atlanta up next week. well, tampa may have lost 5 of their first six games, but they lost to the absolutely best teams possible (i.e. outside the division or outside the conference). if (and that is a mighty big "if") they can run the nfc south table (and tampa has had vick's number EVERY year), they are getting almost all their injured players back in the next 2-4 weeks, and maybe can finish 10-6 and sneak in on an nfc that is beginning to show some serious holes.

kudos to drew brees for fighting off that lame duck status and finally getting some receivers and a feel for the speed of the nfl.

texans and jags are pretenders, too. one of them will make the playoffs, maybe even beat a wild card team, but they are way too jekyll/hyde to make it deep.

pity the chiefs... they seem to have slipped back to their form from two years ago, where they have to score 35 points to win.

patriots still seem like the team to beat, i would say a tie between philly and pitt, and maybe minnesota (though i reserve jdgement until after tonight's game).

you know, if the vikings would just go back to playing outdoors, they would be hard to beat in the playoffs.