Doom3 to run on new iMac?

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 247
    Maybe this will help? http://www.psreporter.com/wolfenstein_cheats.php

Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Do you know the command to display framerates in RtCW? I've downloaded the demo but I don't know any of the console commands.

• Reply 242 of 247
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dutch pear

Maybe this will help? http://www.psreporter.com/wolfenstein_cheats.php

The console command isn't there. They only list the cheat codes at that address.
  • Reply 243 of 247
    On windows you use the ~ key for the console, enter

/toggle cg_drawfps in the console to sow framerates.

For the Mac version of the game:

(This works for the PC version too)

Start a game and bring up the console by pressing the ~ key. In the console, type:

/killserver

This will end the game. Bring up the console again and type:

/set sv_cheats 1

Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

The console command isn't there. They only list the cheat codes at that address.

• Reply 244 of 247
    Well- Aspire just announced that it will publish Doom 3 for the mac in February! Here are the system requirements...

"System requirements for Doom 3 are unprecedented for a Macintosh game -- Aspyr says the game will require Mac OS X v10.3.6 (not yet available), a G5/1.5GHz or faster, 384MB RAM (with 512MB recommended), 2.2GB hard disk space, ATI Radeon 8500 or Nvidia GeForce3 or better 3D graphics with at least 32MB VRAM, and a DVD drive."

Luckily my iMac falls into this! I hope this game is super optimized for the G5- ID usually does a good job or supporting apple's technologies.
  • Reply 245 of 247
    I seriously hope Apple plans to bump the CPU and GPU before february 2005 then. If not it'll be even more embarrassing.
  • Reply 246 of 247
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Doom 3 on a GeForce 3!

Funny, really funny!

It's gonna look so sweet at 640x480 on LOW detail.
  • Reply 247 of 247
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    And that's how it will have to run on the iMac. And I'm sure Apple will find a way to brag about it.