What could this be?

Comments

• Reply 381 of 525
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wi04k

Look at this one (from macrumors.com), the white box on the floor, near the blue box.

http://www.ipodfrance.com/ipodfrance...album=1&pos=17

looks like the real thing.

Sorry, but that box is for the original 15" flat panels that Apple sold with the Blue and White G3s and initial G4s. That line was replaced by the current flat panels (and short lived 17" monitor) that was introduced alongside the cube.
  • Reply 382 of 525
    Ack! Foiled again.

And I would have succeeded if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!
  • Reply 383 of 525
    nuffnuff Posts: 1member
    those http://www.ipodfrance.com[/url] pix are great!

Latest news of our frend at "charle de gowl": he just got sucked into a giant turbojet
  • Reply 384 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by nuff

those http://www.ipodfrance.com[/url] pix are great!

Latest news of our frend at "charle de gowl": he just got sucked into a giant turbojet

i just hope the G5 iMac didnt get sucked into it with him. it was so pretty in that nice packaging...
  • Reply 385 of 525
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by ineedag5pbnow

i just hope the G5 iMac didnt get sucked into it with him. it was so pretty in that nice packaging...

Hey guys. Nice work! You made the news, though, unfortunately, CNet and ZDnet credited another site for the pictures that originated in these forums.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-5327370.html

Best

Kasper
  • Reply 386 of 525
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Sorry, but that box is for the original 15" flat panels that Apple sold with the Blue and White G3s and initial G4s. That line was replaced by the current flat panels (and short lived 17" monitor) that was introduced alongside the cube.

Not a chance... that box is way too big for a 15" LCD - I still have one and the box it came it was not that big and not white.

** EDIT **

Ooops sorry I never realized it was introduced in a 17" factor... and now that I think about it... The box might have been white... (it's been a long time)

Dave
  • Reply 387 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Not a chance... that box is way too big for a 15" LCD - I still have one and the box it came it was not that big and not white.

Dave

one word. spooky. this rumor thread that once was dead might just be alive again. i know bad rhyming. wut can u do being a mac geek.
  • Reply 388 of 525
    Where is the originally posted photo?

Thanks, all !
  • Reply 389 of 525
    gmacgmac Posts: 79member
    Quote:

Ooops sorry I never realized it was introduced in a 17" factor... and now that I think about it... The box might have been white... (it's been a long time)

Dave [/B]

Yeah, when you look at one, it does seem to fit the bill for the picture on the box.

And the plot thickens...
  • Reply 390 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

** EDIT **

That's not what Xool meant. He was referring to the 17" ASD CRT (the one with the Mobius Strip stand). There never was a 17" version of the original blue Studio Display.

However, the 15" Blue Studio Display is what immediately came to my mind when seeing that box, but I agree it's way too big. Besides, what Expo vendor is going to keep a five year old box lying around for use at a major trade show?

It could be the new iMac G5 box, but if it is, let me be the first to say the design sucks. (Yes, based on that tiny grainy image.)
  • Reply 391 of 525
    theflythefly Posts: 72member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ArticulatedArm

Well... in theory it could be a tease by an Apple employee... like someone giving a vague description to one of these rumor sites.

Unfortunatly, that can't be true. In case you didn't know, Apple employees do not ride in elevators. Ask an Apple employee why not.
  • Reply 392 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by TheFly

Unfortunatly, that can't be true. In case you didn't know, Apple employees do not ride in elevators. Ask an Apple employee why not.

• Reply 393 of 525
    Quote:

I'll say "Why are stairs listed in the company health and wellness manual?", Alex.
  • Reply 394 of 525
    Do we know yet which PB box is in the picture? Was it 15" or 17" ?
  • Reply 395 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

I'll say "Why are stairs listed in the company health and wellness manual?", Alex.

Maybe it was done by a Mac employee in Paris.... that sounds like a movie or something.
  • Reply 396 of 525
    Quote:

Steve is famous for firing people in elevators, so everyone takes the stairs.
  • Reply 397 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by victorgav

Friends, I think I know what this is.

It's the side view that gives it away. This isn't a computer, or a display, but a TV.

The Apple Stores have been redecorating a bit over the last few months, an the new scheme includes wall-mounted plasma displays that show ads, or do demos, that sort of thing.

I think that's what this is: a wall-mounted TV screen, headed to some Apple store. Or I suppose it could be headed to the Apple booth at the Expo, where it will play endless loops of iPod commercials or Steve Jobs's Greatest Hits.

That's why the packaging is unmarked and unguarded. It's just for Apple's own internal use, and not a secret product. It's not a "product" at all; just a display device.

Whaddayathink?

Victor

At first this is what I thought BUT look again at the picture. There is an apple logo in middle of the monitor frame. I have done and been to plenty of trade show's and unless it's the manufacturer's own equipment their not going to build a custom case for someone else's plasma monitor.

Apple's coming out with their own plasma monitor..... why not
  • Reply 398 of 525
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

However, the 15" Blue Studio Display is what immediately came to my mind when seeing that box, but I agree it's way too big. Besides, what Expo vendor is going to keep a five year old box lying around for use at a major trade show?

It could be the new iMac G5 box, but if it is, let me be the first to say the design sucks. (Yes, based on that tiny grainy image.)

Why would a solitary G5 iMac box be sitting around amongst a bunch of other (from appearances) beaten up boxes? Wouldn't they all be together under lock and key? My best guess is that, yes, the suspect box is an old monitor box being recycled for the umpteenth time for an Apple event.
  • Reply 399 of 525
    alexhbalexhb Posts: 17member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tak1108

I think we have a winner!!!! Those look a LOT like the Plasmas at the Apple Stores!!

Yeah! That does sound right! Duh! I still don't think there is and Apple logo on them at the stores, otherwise we would of seen 10,000 threads about the secret new Apple TV.

please,

Alex
  • Reply 400 of 525
    IT'S A COMPUTER NOT A DISPLAY, I HAVE PROOF! there's an apple logo on the side of the box. the side of the box for the displays don't have an apple logo, they have a portrait view of the display, on both sides. my brother's PB box had an apple logo on both sides. SO, the displays don't have apple logos, but their computers do, and this does, so this is a computer. IT'S REAL!!! i'm sorry, but this is real!

-Brian