i**** v2 & beyond !

Comments

• Reply 201 of 254
    I agree with you kormac, there is suspiciously no detail. Apple appears to have made a special deal with Time for an exclusive article which got them the cover, but is still leaving room for everything that you suggest as the "real" big thing. The hype of the last few days on Apple's page just does NOT add up to this little iLamp.

beyond the rumour sites

where no pc has gone before

LCD imac just doesn't cut it...
  • Reply 202 of 254
    one more thing, kormac. PLEASE post soon so that i can go to bed!!!
  • Reply 203 of 254
    [quote]Originally posted by invisible sun:

<strong>one more thing, kormac. PLEASE post soon so that i can go to bed!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

amazing...
  • Reply 204 of 254
    now alliance, don't be mean!!
  • Reply 205 of 254
    [quote]Originally posted by invisible sun:

<strong>now alliance, don't be mean!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

im not mean...

just brutally honest--my parents have always taken that trait to mean that i have no emotions...

oh well
  • Reply 206 of 254
    kormac77kormac77 Posts: 197member
    One thing I am confused!

To my information ... ( This is not insider information. )

There is two iMac !

one with 17 inch flat screen CRT for school and low end

And

the other was LCD version.

Well. Do you think this information is true ?
  • Reply 207 of 254
    [quote]Originally posted by kormac77:

<strong>One thing I am confused!

To my information ... ( This is not insider information. )

There is two iMac !

one with 17 inch flat screen CRT for school and low end

And

the other was LCD version.

Well. Do you think this information is true ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I HOPE so. They'll get killed in edu marketshare if their entry level is $1299.

My impression was that it would be a 15" CRT, though a 17" would be much preferred.
  • Reply 208 of 254
    i have no idea kormac. it would make sense to keep a low cost alternative. is the 17" CRT low cost? it would make an awfully big iMac, wouldn't it?
  • Reply 209 of 254
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I think there is 3 models, the hi end $1800 and the article said the low end is $1200. I think they left out the middle because the specs are all the same except the optical drives like the iBooks.

CD-R $1299

Combo $1599

SuperDrve $1799

My guess anyway.
  • Reply 210 of 254
    Well New imac design is quiet interesting.

Here is last part.

And you can use this as controller for Home network !

Think that you can connect this device from anywhere in the home or outside of home and you can do exactly same thing as you do on Desktop!

And when you go out, it became small notebook except keyboard and mouse.

The most interesting thing is that it can connect to Mobile phone with optional kit!

It will use blue tooth technology to connect with your Mobile phone to connect internet without Mobile phone out of your poket!

so you will be able to connect anywhere ! And it is compatible with Wi-Fi standard that it will be able to work in starbucks with a cup of coffee too !

This has built in Palm like functions so it can be act as PDA.

And also it has itune in it too.

You heard about it enough.

Here is the iPAD !.

he shows the A4 size tablet device.

Now if you see under the seat with seat number end with 0, you will be able to see it !

The screen size is 10 inch and it has 5GB Hard disk! Also Firewire port, USB port ,earphone, and PC Card slot for optional card. airport II is built-in and Docking port.

Steve: And this not end of it !.

We are introducing iPAD station : iStation!

it is small Set-top Box which is connected to Digital & analog TV and internet and it can connect to Home network !

You can put iPAD on it and it recharge from the docking port and you will be able to use it as screen mode of this.

It use G3 chip set and capable of small server.

It can record TV program and it has built in Mail system for home use!

Also you can use it as jukebox for iTune!

- Many rumor site might be confused this with possible LCD iMac design. Since it look a lot like detachable system.

Now today , APPLE announce the future of Consumer computing and Pro computing.

I hope you to enjoy the show thank you.

Steve go out of stage for real this time.

Everybody stand-up and cheer does not stop at all.

I think Apple?s mission has been successful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this has been my prediction for the MWSF.

The last part was difficult to me because I did not have that much sleep at all and I am so tired!

I hope at least half of what I predict come true.

Thank you.
  • Reply 211 of 254
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    *stimuli creams his pants*
  • Reply 212 of 254
    That's it! 100%. If true EVER - Thankyou!

Remember my "Tablet" posts on old ai board?

userone
  • Reply 213 of 254
    wormboywormboy Posts: 220member
    Wow. The LSI connection is great. I hope your right about this. I think the G5 specs are optimistic and I feel the iPad is too, but I like the fanstasy. Oh god... SGI? WOW.
  • Reply 214 of 254
    Like I've been saying: Maya isn't comming to OSX because of 400 mhz G4s...

Raycer + G5 = highend graphics workstations!!!
  • Reply 215 of 254
    Dude, the Photoshop bake-offs are going to be sick!

Schiller: ...and the 253 Photoshop actions are done not just before the light from the cinema display reaches your face, they are done before your finger hits the keyboard to start the test!

Jobs: Pretty neat, huh?

Schiller: It looks like the Windows XP box won't be done before the keynote is over...
  • Reply 216 of 254
    allenallen Posts: 84member
    Interesting stuff, Kormac. That's a lot of stuff for one show. The tablet type device would be new and given the expected Microsoft product introduction at the CES it makes sense that Apple may be trying to get their product announced first. Or could the keynote move to Monday, only be due to the Time story hitting the news stands?

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: allen ]</p>
  • Reply 217 of 254
    wormboywormboy Posts: 220member
    I hope both Apple and Microsoft release a tablet today. You just know that the iPad is going to knock the WebPad all over the yard. It'll be embarrassing for Bill. The press will look at the two devices and just realize that Microsoft just completely misses the point.
  • Reply 218 of 254
    Crossing fingers.

Crossing toes.

Hope Springs Eternal

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

p.s. QUAD g4's??? Doubtful. But Duals, yes.
  • Reply 219 of 254
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    what happened this time kormac? i've believed you too long! i guess you've been smoking that same hydro as the rest of them! must be some flame sh**!!
  • Reply 220 of 254
    Well. I am speechless !

This is another cube again in big time.

Currently , I am using iMac type D and it is almost 2 year old. And my next machine might be PC.

The reason people was not buying a iMac is not the design but it's capability as a working tool.

I think steve done it again what he did in Next.

Of cource, I know APPLE is working with the technology which I was mentioned.

However, In MARKETING, Timing is everthing and he lost it big time.

I think many will buy new iMac but it is just little upgrade, not a radical change. So not many people will change.

iPhoto might be good application but No other 3rd party company will come back to Mac platform because of iPhoto.

Well. If APPLE announce New G5 at Feb, The expectation will not be this much and for this alone will be the very painful moment for APPLE for coming time.

Think about case of wolf and Sheep guard.

I feel very badly and I am begin to worry about long term success of APPLE as viable contender.

I think it is about time to think about what Steve is actually doing for APPLE. And We wish APPLE to survive this difficult time.

Today, the stock market will show clear sign. I think the stock will go down and it will tell steve what the real world are thinking!

For steve, he has to see real world first to know what is going on. If he does not, M$ will do it and it will be against APPLE.

I wish APPLE good luck.

I accept all responsibility of the hype which I created but I still stand on what I said. One day it will be coming. And I wish that it is not be too late.

P.s.: I remember the play.

" Waiting for Godard. "

Do you know what happen to GODARD ?

I wish not to tell it.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: kormac77 ]

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: kormac77 ]</p>