[quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Oh yeah, and ...

integrated airport: WRONG!

Wireless firewire 1394G: WRONG AGAIN!

HAHAHHA!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dude, why the **** do you care?
  • Reply 242 of 254
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Well for me these boards are all about what kormac has been talking about - speculation about what we think Apple should do with reasonable discussion of what Apple could do. Without another WorkerBee, anything more is irrelevant. I just wish Apple took some of our suggestions rather than simply perused them for moles.
  • Reply 243 of 254
    Those "suggestions" were not invented on these Forums. Most of the things discussed are technologies currently being developed for Macs that will be released in years to come. It wasn't Kormac or me or any of us on the AI Forums that invented Gigawire, and Firewire 2, etc. We're just repeating stuff we've heard discussed elsewhere, or read about in Wired, or seen on the various Mac rumors pages.
  • Reply 244 of 254
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    And I for one thank you all.

Personally I'm interested in technology and how it can be used. The speculation about currently or soon to be available technology is interesting.
  • Reply 245 of 254
    [quote]Originally mused by kormac77:

P.s.: I remember the play. "Waiting for Godard. "

Do you know what happen to GODARD ?

I wish not to tell it.

<hr></blockquote>

I have never heard of that play, but I certainly do know the play Waiting for Godot.

And it seemed that it was much like today.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

P.s. Where did you get the chance to read Beckett?
  • Reply 246 of 254
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Matsu, how old are you?
  • Reply 246 of 254
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Oh and I nearly missed it untill mandricand brought it up -- and how can I resist at this point?

Waiting for Godard: WRONG!

• Reply 248 of 254
    allenallen Posts: 84member
    Kormac ... Are you aware of sources ( suppliers of components or others ) who have contacts with Apple to deliver items that would go into the products you predicted? Are these supplier relationships the basis of your conclusions?
  • Reply 249 of 254
    Let's put this whole Kormac thing to rest once and for all. From Steve Jobs' lips to your ears:

``Do we think that PCs and televisions are going to merge? No. The next great age of the personal computer is going to be as the digital hub,'' Jobs told Reuters in an interview on the sidelines of the Macworld trade show. ``We don't care where they put their computer in the house, as long as it is a Mac.''

So basically everything Kormac said was false. No HDTV, no controlling home electronics, nothing. Its never even going to be considered with Jobs at the helm.
  • Reply 250 of 254
    [quote]Originally posted by Strangelove:

kormac's a dead man after the keynote. he is clearly dreaming and no insider at all. you'll see. funny what an accent can make.

ok, everything he said will be true at one moment in time, but not in three days. we all know what he'll say if his list isn't *quite* accurate...
    <hr></blockquote>

you can ask me 'bout the future
  • Reply 251 of 254
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kormac77

Part5

Steve came back to stage.

Steve: I am sorry ! I forgot the most important thing !

There is one more thing!

Everybody in the hall stand-up and cheers !!!

Steve: Did you ever had this experience ?

You are in the living room and you want to see ?soprano? rerun from HBO when you have a free time without change TV channel which is showing your wife's favorite program? Or you want to see your Apple Web page in the sofa without going back to your iMac ? You have 3 kid in the home and they want to have their own Mac for each.

Well. I think it is about time to solve this problem!

Well you know that we made Quarz as PDF based engine. And it is not bit-map based but vectorized. If you remember old time, there was X-window which is connected to UNIX server and many people could share one machine ! SGI was one of the best case of using it since all of their interface are X-window based !

And this is 21st century and we will have 21st century version of one. Yes. It is not your old macintosh anymore ! And it is totally different than what others are just showing as proto-type!

Apple will introduce .........i****v2 !!!!

-It is i****v2 ! - Maybe named iPAD ?

-I don?t know exact name for it . I will call it iPAD now on.

It has OS X lite OS with Netboot client mode.

- OS X in Any macintosh can be Netboot server for iPAD. iMac, ibook are also included.

It can boot from Airport II !. And because it is Client software, it does not need reboot iPAD! it will just replace it?s own window with servers window.

And no speed decrease since all the calculation is done on Server!

And it is using OS X -lite that it can be use by itself. We will have many many S/W for the Lite version. The QuickTime is the first of it and you can playback Quicktime file and read PDF E-book without server.

And thanks to domino chip inside of each Mac, you will be able to see live NFL anywhere using MPEG-4 streaming.

- I have to do some work now . Part5 will continue soon. sorry

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: kormac77 ]</p>

I don't think the i**** appears to be any closer than before.

But, with the economy seemingly on the upswing, maybe they'll dust if off again.

My vote is NO. Apple is once again fighting on many fronts. The least of which appears to be education. The most of which appear to be music and entertainment. Just the opposite focus for a good i***** product, IMO.
  • Reply 252 of 254
    I like most of you get a kick out of reading kormacs post.

at first i thought he was full of it,but the last year has convinced me that this "IPAD" device will be coming out.

it only makes sense.

jobs wants to make apple not only a computer company but a "home entertainment" company.

they need something hugely innovative to do this and that will come in the form of a consumer electronics device not a computer.

im expecting some BIG announcements at next years macworld.

remember......THINK DIFFERENT.
  • Reply 253 of 254
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Admins, please lock this thread. It is almost two years old.
  • Reply 254 of 254
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    See "Bumping old threads" announcement.

Locked.