What are the next big steps for Apple's hardware line-up?

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 102
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

I'm not that excited about dual core, I'm more excited about 65NM.

I think the next G5 will have more HD slots, possibly another optical slot, more room for PCI's (either another slot or more spacing), and PCI-EXPRESS.

Also more bugs worked out like muting for the back audio when the front is plugged in. In addition, a fix for the FW800 controller to FIX THE FREAKIN THING to be at least as fast as the G4's FW800.

I also expect the power button to be put back on the keyboard (as soon as they run out of their existing stock of worthless ultra-cheap keyboards).

And finally, the MOST ambitious but also the most common sense upgrade of them all: a 3 button mouse (with middle scroll).

THANK YOU..... agree with all points. Especially the damn keyboard. I really need to buy a new keyboard but I don't want to spend 80 dollars for a tactile pro keyboard.
  • Reply 102 of 102
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Power button on the keyboard is not that big of a deal for me, but what can't figure is how they are going to add these things you say without making the tower 4 feet tall. it's already humongous compared to a G4.