Got my iPod Shuffle

Comments

• Reply 81 of 126
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I got an awesome surprise in the mail today. 1GB iPod Shuffle

Parents sent it to me for my birthday. They ordered online at Best Buy Jan 30th and received it February 2nd!! Who would have thought.
  • Reply 82 of 126
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I got my Shuffle. I found a major flaw already. It can't seem to play when plugged into the USB port. How am I supposed to charge and/or move files while I listen?

Well, um, since your at your computer, why don't you just plug your earbuds into the audio out port?
  • Reply 83 of 126
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

Try "ejecting" (unmounting) it while keeping it pluged into the USB port, this should make your iPod accessible again while charging. This should work for sure on a mac, don't know about Windows.

Didn't work.
  • Reply 84 of 126
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

Does anyone feel that the cap is not a good idea for the iPod shuffle?

Wouldn't it be relatively easy for the cap to pop off when it's on the lanyard? thus, you lose the iPod shuffle since it's connected to the cap, and not the string.

???

I take it you have not seen the shuffle? The shuffle has two ballbearings in the both caps, they're not going to break any time soon. The USB bit has indents in the sides. I think they're pretty safe from falling out. I think more people will leave behine as you really don't know you're carrying it.
  • Reply 85 of 126
    I wish the cap was connected somehow. I'm going to lose that thing. Then Apple will charge me 40 fscking dollars for a new one.
  • Reply 86 of 126
    Quote:

I wish the cap was connected somehow. I'm going to lose that thing. Then Apple will charge me 40 fscking dollars for a new one.

I've still got the little caps for dust from the 3rd G iPod!! I'm sure Apple won't charge that much for them. (i know you were beign sarcastic) If you lose things use the lanyard because that's more difficult to misplace
  • Reply 87 of 126
    the usb cap snaps on pretty snugly. i was impressed. even i will be unlikely to lose it. it comes with an extra cap anyway... one is attached to the lanyard. if you dont want the lanyard, you can cut off the string in case you lose your regular cap.
  • Reply 88 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

the usb cap snaps on pretty snugly. i was impressed. even i will be unlikely to lose it. it comes with an extra cap anyway... one is attached to the lanyard. if you dont want the lanyard, you can cut off the string in case you lose your regular cap.

the lanyard cap is a bit bigger though. Does anyone know if Apple sell replacments yet?
  • Reply 89 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

the lanyard cap is a bit bigger though. Does anyone know if Apple sell replacments yet?

its only slightly bigger, and i'm thinking if i can cut off the lanyard string and put in some sort of keychain hook so i can hang it from my belt loop. i bet i could also paint the cap and put graphics on the shuffle to customize it. LOL... ok, im getting carried away... it's not a car. MTV, pimp my ipod!
  • Reply 90 of 126
    Well, I got my shuffle yesterday... probably the best $100 I've ever spent
  • Reply 91 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

its only slightly bigger, and i'm thinking if i can cut off the lanyard string and put in some sort of keychain hook so i can hang it from my belt loop. i bet i could also paint the cap and put graphics on the shuffle to customize it. LOL... ok, im getting carried away... it's not a car. MTV, pimp my ipod!

cool
  • Reply 92 of 126
    Quote:

I got my Shuffle. I found a major flaw already. It can't seem to play when plugged into the USB port. How am I supposed to charge and/or move files while I listen?

I'm just back from uni, where just out of interest, I plugged my shuffle into the USB port. The PC I was using didn't have iTunes installed, nor is my iPod setup for file storage, so obviously it didn't' load up or anything. Interestingly though, it appeared to be charging, and I could still play tunes.
  • Reply 93 of 126
    Maybe I'll try quitting iTunes and see of that works. I'll try the PeeCee at work too.
  • Reply 94 of 126
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    got my... exploding dog book... not quite as cool as the shuffle I'm waiting for, but it'll tide me over for about a day. meh.
  • Reply 95 of 126
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Curious, does the lack of screen ever bother anyone (even momentarily)?

Do you find yourself using shuffle or playlist mode more often?
  • Reply 96 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

Curious, does the lack of screen ever bother anyone (even momentarily)?

Do you find yourself using shuffle or playlist mode more often?

It did for a second when i wanted to change a song's rating and find out what it was called. But I'm just used to organising my music from my iPod.
  • Reply 97 of 126
    I doesn't bother me. In fact I like the simple controls because I can fully use them though my pocket.
  • Reply 98 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

It did for a second when i wanted to change a song's rating and find out what it was called. But I'm just used to organising my music from my iPod.

I thought I'd add that the positives of the iPod shuffle massively outweigh the negatives.
  • Reply 99 of 126
    Here's another complaint. The Shuffle doesn't fit into any USB port I have. If I plug it into my powerbook the adjacent USB port can't be used. That's where my mouse goes. At work I can't plug it into the Dell upside down angled down wtf were they thinking USB ports. To plug it into the back of Dell I have to unplug the serial mouse or keyboard as they are adjacent too.

The Shuffle is too wide.
  • Reply 100 of 126
    Quote:

The Shuffle is too wide.

Yes, I cannot plug it into my PowerMac G4 (grey, 733MHz) as one of the FireWire ports is to close.. Apple really ought to inform potential buyers of this (append PowerMac G4 to the "old iMac and eMac" statement..