• Reply 81 of 96
    Quote:

Core Image-capable graphics cards include:

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

ATI Radeon 9600 XT, 9800 XT, X800 XT

nVidia GeForce FX Go 5200

nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL, 6800 GT DDL

Very strange since Apple and ATI only sell the Pro versions of the 9600 and 9800.
  • Reply 82 of 96
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Feel free to take off the tinfoil hat and wipe the foam from your mouth...

The 9800 Pro is completely compatible, even a flashed PC OEM version running at 2x in a G4.

you can use a flashed PC OEM version of ATI card in your G4? dude, awesome. buying a higher-end video card official Mac version costs an arm and a leg where I am currently living, but PC OEM versions of ATI and NVidia are plentiful and cheap
  • Reply 83 of 96
    I have a question. I am planning on preordering Tiger (never preordered anything from Apple before). Will Apple charge me for it right away? Or will they wait until it starts shipping on the 29th?

Mike
  • Reply 84 of 96
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    why all the "pre"ordering. Are you ordering before you're ordering or somthing?? It's either ordered or not ordered, there is no in between!!!!
  • Reply 85 of 96
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

why all the "pre"ordering. Are you ordering before you're ordering or somthing?? It's either ordered or not ordered, there is no in between!!!!

Shouldn't you be in bed right now??????
  • Reply 86 of 96
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

It's the same as "this program was pre-recorded".
  • Reply 87 of 96
    I ask because most places don't charge you until the product actually ships. I'm just curious if Apple is like this, too.

Just want to get my order in so I can get Tiger without having to wait too long.
  • Reply 88 of 96
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Louzer

You talking about those G5 powerbooks that people discovered last year?

I'm talking about the quad-processor information that was found in the CHUD control panel NIB file, among other similar hints.
  • Reply 89 of 96
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Well yea we know the answer is to buy 42 copies of tiger but what's the question? (anyone who read the book will get this)
  • Reply 90 of 96
    Hi all,

Anyone here who knows the build no.?

Dan
  • Reply 91 of 96
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

Well yea we know the answer is to buy 42 copies of tiger but what's the question? (anyone who read the book will get this)

The question is off course: What best to do with 5418 US-Dollar?

Oh, my God, expect every second the universe to disappear and be replaced by something much more bizarre.

Nightcrawler
  • Reply 92 of 96
    estebanesteban Posts: 85member
    But by that time, the whole mess will be swallowed by a small dog.
  • Reply 93 of 96
    w00tw00t Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tommy_thompson

Does anyone know if it's gonna use serial numbers on this version, or is that still server only. Not a big deal for me really- gonna get the family pack and curious if they do use a serial number scheme, if it will supply a 'blanket number' or five separate ones.

MacosX 10.4 Tiger does not require serial numbers.
  • Reply 94 of 96
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    MPMoriarty--

Apple won't charge you until it's shipped.
  • Reply 95 of 96
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    April 29th is also the day the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie will hit the theaters. Coincindence? Maybe Apple will initially release version 10.4.2? Will there be a towel? Perhaps a new Infinite Improbability CPU?

- Jasen.

P.S. Oops. I see this has already been mentioned further up. Oh well, I still think it's funny.
  • Reply 96 of 96
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasenj1

April 29th is also the day the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie will hit the theaters. Coincindence? Maybe Apple will initially release version 10.4.2? Will there be a towel?

- Jasen.

The UK Hitchhikers site has an iPod advert. Go to trailers and click iPod. I've not seen that done officially before, nice that someone knows what's happening in the world!