Photoshop X?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 126
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Found them!

Under Brush option.

Size - go to brush size

Opacity - Go to other dynamics.

but you will have to enable EACH brush for the pressure and opacity....this is very annoying ....well...that's why it's beta...

Also, now the memory allocation is exactly the same as the Windows version. Have to 'reserve' the percentage of available RAM to PS....thought the memory allocation would adjust dynamically ......

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 82 of 126
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Can anyone comment more on the Aqua UI - in terms of adherence to Apple's standard? Someone mention there is no support for Sheets. Are the open and save dialogs (for example) something that Adobe hacked together, or the standard OS X ones?

Are there are parts of the App that use Classic widgets and such? I can't imagine they would be that sloppy to mix them in but who knows.

Unfortunately none of you can comment to Adobe because then yer up shit creek and so is the guy who leaked the build (actually he's probably already off the beta team at this point, given hown many places it can be found). Dumb, dumb dumb.
  • Reply 83 of 126
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Picture a carbon port of PS with a few additions, and ugly thick embossed icons and you have PS 7. I'm disappointed if they don't make some more changes before it's released.

All the drop shadows are soooo annoying. The top tool bar casts shadows on the palettes and each palette casts shawdows on the palettes under them You acn't see the title bar or buttons because of these fricking drop shadows. Very annoying.

You want to get an idea of PS 7? Boot into 9 and open up PS while running Kaleidoscope with an Aqua theme.

Nothing spectacular.
  • Reply 84 of 126
    So basically, it's like Illustrator (from a visual standpoint)? That's what it looks like based on the screeshots I've seen. I agree the shadows are a little annoying but they're not as big a nuisance as you make them out to be. They certainly don't obscure the palette buttons (or if they do, Adobe will fix it).

I am more curious about the more substantive aspects of Aqua / Quartz under PS 7 though. The Open / Save Dialogs, font renderings, etc. Anyone else have a comment?
  • Reply 85 of 126
    [quote]I am more curious about the more substantive aspects of Aqua / Quartz under PS 7 though. The Open / Save Dialogs, font renderings, etc. Anyone else have a comment?<hr></blockquote>

I am surprised at the reports of PS and Quartz rendering [my polite way of saying bullshite], because since Adobe went cross-platform they have always used their own graphics display and font rasterizing technology. See AGMlib, CoolTypeLib and since Illustrator PDF50lib. I believe PS7 still uses AGMlib and CoolTypelib so any mention of Quartz and PS is probably wrong.

Like Illustrator, no sheets, standard save dialogs.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: cowerd ]</p>
  • Reply 86 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>So basically, it's like Illustrator (from a visual standpoint)? That's what it looks like based on the screeshots I've seen. I agree the shadows are a little annoying but they're not as big a nuisance as you make them out to be. They certainly don't obscure the palette buttons (or if they do, Adobe will fix it).

I am more curious about the more substantive aspects of Aqua / Quartz under PS 7 though. The Open / Save Dialogs, font renderings, etc. Anyone else have a comment?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, there are a lot of people that do mind the shadows, if you don't that's cool.

As for the other stuff, it's carbon, so it's not much different from the 9 version. The open and save are the standard under X, font rendering looked the same as in 9, I don't see how it could use X's quartz engine for anti-aliasing as everything looked like it does in 9, and it's carbon so it does run in 9.

As for the Aqua, looks just like Illustator, and as I said earlier, imagine running 9, using a Kaliedoscope Aqua theme and you have photoshop 7.

You can tell I'm not impressed? Did I mention it was slow?
  • Reply 87 of 126
    zenozeno Posts: 28member
    [quote]You want to get an idea of PS 7? Boot into 9 and open up PS while running Kaleidoscope with an Aqua theme.

Nothing spectacular.<hr></blockquote>

KidRed, you are really bullshitting!!! I can't believe what you're saying.

My impressions are completely different: in Photoshop 7 everything is BEAUTIFULLY "aquafied" and beautifully designed; look at the main toolbar (nearly the same as in illustrator): it's a piece of art!

Sorry, but your comparison between "PS under OS9 while running a Kaleidoscope theme" and the real PS 7 for OSX it's the greatest BS I've ever heard!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Zeno ]

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Zeno ]</p>
  • Reply 88 of 126
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    What i find funny is.. Photoshop uses the extras.rsrc properly.. but Illustrator doesn't
  • Reply 89 of 126
    meaning....?
  • Reply 90 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>meaning....?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Meaning that Adobe could make Photoshop not have any special Aqua resources but Illustrator does. Even though they use the same type of Widgets.

This means that Photoshop wont look weird if your not using Aqua.
  • Reply 91 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by Zeno:

<strong>

KidRed, you are really bullshitting!!! I can't believe what you're saying.

My impressions are completely different: in Photoshop 7 everything is BEAUTIFULLY "aquafied" and beautifully designed; look at the main toolbar (nearly the same as in illustrator): it's a piece of art!

Sorry, but your comparison between "PS under OS9 while running a Kaleidoscope theme" and the real PS 7 for OSX it's the greatest BS I've ever heard!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Zeno ]

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Zeno ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but I don't see how you have any kind of power to call my opinion BullShit. Your opinion is BullShit. If it's like that, then go your own way and love PS 7 all you want. I have it, I've used it and it ain't all that. The main toobar looks axactly the smae what the hell are you talking about?

WHat the hell is aquaified about it? Do me a favor.

Open up system prefs.

Open up PS 7.

Do they look similar? No? Why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT ****ING AQUAFIED. It looks like 9 with Kaiedoscope. Why? Because I run 9 everyday and use an X theme with Kaliedoscope! Don't starting swinging profanities out and not expect to get any thrown back at ya. Your post is the great peice of shit I've ever read. You wanna get personally over opinions that's your choice.
  • Reply 92 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>

You can tell I'm not impressed? Did I mention it was slow?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did anyone ever mention to you it was still a beta?

It's really annoying when people download illegal beta software on their puter then bitch cause it doesn't work right.
  • Reply 93 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by Sinewave:

<strong>

Did anyone ever mention to you it was still a beta?

It's really annoying when people download illegal beta software on their puter then bitch cause it doesn't work right.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, yea, I think I mentioned that it was a beta in my first post

I hate when people read posts and find something to bitch about instead of adding to the discussion.

The discussion is about PS X and not your bitching about about a post.

Also, read again and again and please quote where I said "..doesn't work right.."
  • Reply 94 of 126

<strong>

Ah, yea, I think I mentioned that it was a beta in my first post <hr></blockquote></strong>

Then why are you complaining about beta software?

[quote]<strong>

I hate when people read posts and find something to bitch about instead of adding to the discussion.<hr></blockquote></strong>

I HAVE added to the discussion. But when you complain about software that is STILL in development and something your NOT supposed to have it makes you look foolish.

<strong> [quote]

The discussion is about PS X and not your bitching about about a post.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes and my post was also about PS X was it not?

<strong> [quote]

Also, read again and again and please quote where I said "..doesn't work right.." </strong><hr></blockquote>

Did you not complain about the GUI not working right. .and how it was slow?

This is what is called verbal masturbation folks.
  • Reply 95 of 126
    [quote] I HAVE added to the discussion. But when you complain about software that is STILL in development and something your NOT supposed to have it makes you look foolish. <hr></blockquote>

this is your previous quote-

[quote] It's really annoying when people download illegal beta software on their puter then bitch cause it doesn't work right. <hr></blockquote>

Wow, Thanks for adding that helpful and inteligent piece of PS 7 info!

[quote] Then why are you complaining about beta software?<hr></blockquote>

Because, just maybe, the icons will stay the same, the drop shadows will remain, nothing new will be added this far into developement...um, get the idea?

[quote] Yes and my post was also about PS X was it not? <hr></blockquote>

Um, no, read it again. It was your comment about me bitching about beta software. Nothing contributing to PS 7.

[quote] Did you not complain about the GUI not working right. .and how it was slow?

This is what is called verbal masturbation folks. <hr></blockquote>

This is what's called stupidity folks. How is complaing about speed and the icons being too big & drop shadows that are annoying stating that the software doesn't work? Yep, stupidity at it's stupidest

We can continue the piss war (or flame war on mainstream boards) or we can further discuss PS 7.

If you have some intelligent questions I can provide some detailed answers to my best ability- have you had a go 'round with PS 7 yet? Have any questions?
  • Reply 96 of 126
    uh...The thread was interesting until kidred flipped out... sorry man but you could have easily let it die...

It just seems to me that kid didn't add enough disclaimers to his post so sinewave flipped out.

Well, can we stop this and get back into the Photoshop X discussion?
  • Reply 97 of 126

<strong>

this is your previous quote-

<hr></blockquote></strong>

Yes.. and was I not talking about Photoshop?!? Yes I was.

[quote]<strong>

Because, just maybe, the icons will stay the same, the drop shadows will remain, nothing new will be added this far into developement...um, get the idea?

Well why don't you wait and see? Yes I am sure the drop shadpws will remain.. as this is a OS X app. All OS X apps do this. This isn't a Photoshop thing.. this is how OS X works. Also if you don't like the drop-shadows in the toolbar group them like this

<strong> [quote]

Um, no, read it again. It was your comment about me bitching about beta software. Nothing contributing to PS 7.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

My comment was about you bitching about a beta version of PS 7. Considering PS7 is beta.. and not for consumer consumption your bitching makes you look ill informed and basically a moron. People who grab illegal software off the net then come on forums and bitch cause it doesn't work the way they want it to more likely than not get told to piss off. Why? Cause it's beta. I was talking about your "and it's too slow" Saying that makes you look foolish when your talking about a beta son. If you knew anything about betaa software you'd know it's usually slower than the final version and you wouldn't have made such a comment. Understand?

[quote]<strong>

This is what's called stupidity folks.

Oh I agree. That is why I posted and pointed it out in the first place. Bitching about beta software being slow is quite stupid

[quote]<strong>

How is complaing about speed and the icons being too big & drop shadows that are annoying stating that the software doesn't work? Yep, stupidity at it's stupidest

I said you said the "software didn't work right". SLOW = Software not working right.

Stop grabbing for straws.

[quote]<strong>

We can continue the piss war (or flame war on mainstream boards) or we can further discuss PS 7.

Oh I would love to continue discussing PS 7. Under the terms that we know it's a beta.. and that we not make ourselves look like we have our head up our ass by bitching about the over all slowness of beta software.

[quote]<strong>

If you have some intelligent questions I can provide some detailed answers to my best ability- have you had a go 'round with PS 7 yet? Have any questions?<hr></blockquote></strong>

I am *sure* I had used PS 7 before you got your hands on it son. And I am sure with your comments that I have read that you couldn't answer any questions about PS 7 that i don't all ready know.

Remember folks. When you d/l illegal beta software off the net.. it's going to be slow and it will usually have some quirks. Expecting it to be perfect makes you look like a horribly informed brat.
  • Reply 98 of 126
    Great. check Illustrator 10, totally different palette behavior. Drop shadows even when they are docked to each other. Annoying.

The PS team kicks #$@$%.
  • Reply 99 of 126
    [quote]Originally posted by cowerd:

<strong>Great. check Illustrator 10, totally different palette behavior. Drop shadows even when they are docked to each other. Annoying.

The PS team kicks #$@$%.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah I noticed that. How lame.

I hope Photoshop doesn't do this in the final version.
  • Reply 100 of 126
    zenozeno Posts: 28member
    [quote]Sorry, but I don't see how you have any kind of power to call my opinion BullShit. Your opinion is BullShit. If it's like that, then go your own way and love PS 7 all you want. I have it, I've used it and it ain't all that. The main toobar looks axactly the smae what the hell are you talking about?

WHat the hell is aquaified about it? Do me a favor.

Open up system prefs.

Open up PS 7.

Do they look similar? No? Why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT ****ING AQUAFIED. It looks like 9 with Kaiedoscope. Why? Because I run 9 everyday and use an X theme with Kaliedoscope! Don't starting swinging profanities out and not expect to get any thrown back at ya. Your post is the great peice of shit I've ever read. You wanna get personally over opinions that's your choice. <hr></blockquote>

I love you.