1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 153
    yeah... just US store having new Xserve RAID

what-evah!!
  • Reply 142 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by bjewett

This can only mean that dual-quad-quad (8x!) processor PowerMacs will be announced today!

Good to have dreams... I am hoping a new PM is released in the near future.

while you're dreaming, i'm having fun playing need for speed underground2 on my amd64-venice-nvidia-6600gt (cpu 1.8ghz overclocked to 2.4ghz, video card overclocked from 500mhz to 550mhz)

my breaking point was the lame iBook updates several weeks ago. i was like F8k this, time to get a pc for web surfing and games...

using my dad's iBook g4 933mhz for the *serious* art skool stuff
  • Reply 143 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

while you're dreaming, i'm having fun playing need for speed underground2 on my amd64-venice-nvidia-6600gt ...

I notice that when you chose a CPU partner, you chose AMD. As did I. As would anyone who sincerely cared about having the best product.
  • Reply 144 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

I notice that when you chose a CPU partner, you chose AMD. As did I. As would anyone who sincerely cared about having the best product.

thanks. it was more a curiousity thing (see my post 2 months ago "amd virgin looking to score")

i'm wondering how Turion64Mobile comes up against tha PentiumM...

AMD Athlon got a good rep in my research in terms of games, benchmarks, cost, hypertransport, etc... and i thought since my mac would be intel, i guess my pc can be AMD.

i got very lucky scoring a Venice core, i had not specifically planned on it the day i did my component shopping. the overclocking on that is awesome. 600mhz for free. out here on the equator, 85-95degF ambient all year round. indoors without airconditioning...

i wasn't seeing value for money in the pentium4 and hyperthreading and all that jazz and how hot it runs...

*sigh* maybe apple can have the best of both worlds? pentiumM+ for portables and AMD for desktops? xserve opterons? Sun has gone with Opterons in their latest server offerings. they dropped their Sparcs and have come out with guns blazing going after Dell servers....

i think apple is shoring up their stuff with the PentiumM and yonah/merom, which is exactly what they need right now for mac mini, imac g5, portables, and sleeker products. not too late for steve to drop by AMD and talk about xServe and powerMac offerings down the line. intel has definitely impressed apple though, and apple is not taking any more chances after the moto/freescale/ibm fiasco that has PLAGUED apple this decade.

edit: you can be sure steve is keeping amd in the corner of his eye, and mr. paul O. of intel knows this as well.
  • Reply 145 of 153
    Quote:

i think apple is shoring up their stuff with the PentiumM and yonah/merom, which is exactly what they need right now for mac mini, imac g5, portables, and sleeker products. not too late for steve to drop by AMD and talk about xServe and powerMac offerings down the line. intel has definitely impressed apple though, and apple is not taking any more chances after the moto/freescale/ibm fiasco that has PLAGUED apple this decade.

edit: you can be sure steve is keeping amd in the corner of his eye, and mr. paul O. of intel knows this as well.

I think Apple is really looking farther down the road at Intel's technology which will come out starting with the 45nm product.
  • Reply 146 of 153
    paris? could it bring iMac updates.or before the end of the year?
  • Reply 147 of 153
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I'm hoping they drop the price on the 30" display...
  • Reply 148 of 153
    happy paris expo everybody! and happy birthday to me *sigh* i completely forgot about paris expo... less than 12 hours to the usual apple store update time. yeah, i'll try to remember the new forum rules:

"apple store down threads" = ban

"apple store up threads (with no updates)" = ban

"apple store up threads with real updates" = okay

as i currently understand it....
  • Reply 149 of 153
    12 hours? More like less than 6 hours. They will probably update the store around 5:00 A.M. eastern time since the press meeting will be at 10:00 A.M. Paris time.
  • Reply 150 of 153
    Quote:

happy paris expo everybody! and happy birthday to me *sigh*

Happy bday man...

but

..can it be like the birthday sales the shops always have "Its our birthday but you get the presents!" so in that case I will have celebration lunch with you this week if you fly me to Sepang so I can watch Rossi wrap up motogp 2005 (its only a little trip from WestOz !)
  • Reply 151 of 153
    I guess it really will be an early release here since they start at 10:A.M. in Paris.

Lots of people are waiting eagerly with paper and plastic in hand for this one.

My favorites would be

13" WS HD PowerBook, 512MB, 128MB VRAM

HD diplays on all PowerBooks

G5 2.3 dual core PCI-e

Max mini SP G5 2.3 PCI-e

ProBand

Apple F/W Asteroid 4-8+ I/O
  • Reply 152 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

Happy bday man...

but

..can it be like the birthday sales the shops always have "Its our birthday but you get the presents!" so in that case I will have celebration lunch with you this week if you fly me to Sepang so I can watch Rossi wrap up motogp 2005 (its only a little trip from WestOz !)

hey, another rider and moto gp fan. rossi'll finish up next week.
  • Reply 153 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

Happy bday man...

but

sure mate, i'll fly you up to KLIA and we'll cruise over to Sepang but you gotta bring a powerbook 15" 1.67ghz 128mb vram for me + a bottle of bundaberg rum (dont ask)

cheeky bastards y'all...

thanks for the bday wishes!

heh when i was living in sydney in 2003 my housemate was a huge Ducati fangrrl.... believe it or not i have not checked out anything at sepang yet... grand prix moto, f1 or whatever.