Apple argues "even a moron" can spot company difference

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Ahem....

Variously through the thread I've seen reference to the suit having to do, in part at least, to Apple using its logo in conjunction with the iTMS.

I'm staring very hard at the iTMS home page and not seeing any Apples.

Apple Corps doesn't even have a fuctioning website. How could anyone think they are running iTunes? It's 2006 and they haven't even embraced the internet yet. Okay, they have a placeholder page up. I haven't seen one of those in ages. If it wasn't for the lawsuit would anyone even know what Apple Corps is? I doubt it. It doesn't look like they have done anything for the past three decades except file lawsuits.
  • Reply 102 of 106
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Eric Clapton is British.

nah, I think he just talks like that to pick up women.

I don't think it works. I've tried that and talking like Billy Bob in Slingblade.. the latter is far more effective.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

nah, I think he just talks like that to pick up women.

I don't think it works. I've tried that and talking like Billy Bob in Slingblade.. the latter is far more effective.

Depends on the women, and where they are.
  • Reply 104 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

mel, care to give some sources on those quotes? I keep running into people who *SWEAR* its true, but not a single one has ever been able to come up with a source.

Not one.

So... I trust in your abilities.

Well, I bet we all though that this was dead!

Not so!

I just read this a short while ago. Now, this is from papers submitted to the court. Therefore, it holds a greater significance, and reliability than any other so called quote. It would be a sworn statement. It also agrees with the notion that Woz's remembrance that Apple may have been named for the Beatles, could be more accurate than the orchard.

Read through the article, but the info we want comes near the end.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...ft-apples.html

Also, could a settlement be coming?
  • Reply 105 of 106
    I've been wanting to add a new crop of visuals to share in this Apple used as an image idea.

1. The Beatles actually took their Apple idea from one of René Magritte's Surrealist paintings.

2. There is another N.Y. Apple out there, this one is used by The Apple Bank for Savings and looks a lot like the Mac's.

3 This may be a clue as to why Mac's Apple has a bite taken out of it - as it may allude to the Apple from the Garden of Eden - and if this is so I am always surprised that there isn't some kind of religious furor over the possibly implied idea that to use an Apple Computer is as to know as god does.

Thanks.

magritte apple.jpg

Apples/ab_logo.gif

* Man (Adam and Eve). Engraving, 1504
  • Reply 106 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alfa Two

I've been wanting to add a new crop of visuals to share in this Apple used as an image idea.

1. The Beatles actually took their Apple idea from one of René Magritte's Surrealist paintings.

2. There is another N.Y. Apple out there, this one is used by The Apple Bank for Savings and looks a lot like the Mac's.

3 This may be a clue as to why Mac's Apple has a bite taken out of it - as it may allude to the Apple from the Garden of Eden - and if this is so I am always surprised that there isn't some kind of religious furor over the possibly implied idea that to use an Apple Computer is as to know as god does.

Thanks.

magritte apple.jpg

Apples/ab_logo.gif

* Man (Adam and Eve). Engraving, 1504

There's a lot of them here in New York City alone.

Two that I've done business with are:

Apple Lighting

Apple Signs

Guess what both use for their Logo?

Wow! Good guess!