Brazilian diva photographed for Apple Mac campaign

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A popular Brazilian supermodel was recently photographed by Apple Computer for an advertising campaign that will plug the company's line of Intel-based Mac computers, AppleInsider has been able to confirm.

Rolling Stone cover girl Gisele Bundchen was reportedly contracted by the Cupertino, Calif.-based Mac maker for the shoot, which took place in Manhattan last week.

On her official web site, Bundchen briefly mentioned that she had recently been photographed by Apple. However, the blurb was removed without explanation.

The 25-year old diva is rumored to have been compensated handsomely for her part in the new campaign. According to Vogue magazine, she is believed to have pocketed "more than a million" for the shoot.

Bundchen has been named "Model of the Year" and "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone. Her portfolio includes appearances in ads for such brands as Victoria's Secret, Louis Vuitton and Versace.

Though primarily a model, Bundchen has also dabbled in the acting business. She starred in the 2004 film "Taxi" and most recently played a part in the 2006 flick "The Devil Wears Prada."

Word of her photo-shoot with Apple was first pointed out by Apple rumor site MacRumors.

It's unclear where and when the ads will be run.

Apple is currently running a national ad campaign that highlights the stability and simplicity of the Mac while poking fun at the shortcomings of the average Windows PC.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 71
    Just as long as her line is not.

'Hello I'm a sexy printer who likes to say Bonjour to Macs who wear jeans'
  • Reply 2 of 71
    abrooksabrooks Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OfficerDigby

Just as long as her line is not.

'Hello I'm a sexy printer who likes to say Bonjour to Macs who wear jeans'

... and black turtle necks
  • Reply 3 of 71
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    it said, "photographed". Not filmed.
  • Reply 4 of 71
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

it said, "photographed". Not filmed.

Right, this is the "print ad" version of the "Get a Mac" campaign.

It is a simple photograph with two women and a white background:

Giseles Bundchen's caption reads, "Hi, I'm a Mac."

Hillary Clinton's caption reads, "And I'm a PC."

Simple, yet effective!
  • Reply 5 of 71
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:

Originally posted by solsun

Simple, yet effective!

I like it!
  • Reply 6 of 71
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Simple, yet effective!

Hehe. Good stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 71
    evanslsevansls Posts: 12member
    it's probably going to be something more so like the most beautiful girl in the world using the most beautiful computer in the world. that's my guess... or it'll be a fizzled campaign like the second switch campaign that was once rumored.
  • Reply 8 of 71
    davebarnesdavebarnes Posts: 367member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

A popular B... cover girl Gisele Bundchen...

Gisele is of German heritage so her family name is Bündchen and not Bundchen.

,dave
  • Reply 9 of 71
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Barnes

Gisele is of German heritage so her family name is Bündchen and not Bundchen.

,dave

Dave, just a note of advice...it's not a good idea to have your telephone number in your sig. You should remove it.
  • Reply 10 of 71
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Please let her be naked.....Please let her be naked.....Please let her be naked.....
  • Reply 11 of 71
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    She's okay, but nowhere near the "most beautiful girl in the world." Her swimsuit shots reveal a figure that's a little too Kate Moss/Twiggy-like, with a waist that's too wide, hips that are too narrow and legs like sticks.

Ease up on the umlaut. Most news sources in the United States don't use diacriticals, except for the "ñ" in Spanish and the occasional accent mark. She's Brazilian and this article is in the US, so Bundchen is fine. If this was a German article, it'd be different.
  • Reply 12 of 71
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kolchak

Her swimsuit shots reveal a figure that's a little too Kate Moss/Twiggy-like, with a waist that's too wide, hips that are too narrow and legs like sticks.

Quote:

Girl from Zoolander

He's almost too good-looking.

That would be my main deterrent... in considering a relationship.

• Reply 13 of 71
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Simple, yet effective!

very effective!

i hope the ad does say "hi i'm a mac"

i think it would work very nicely.
  • Reply 14 of 71
    furious_furious_ Posts: 88member
    she should say " hi, Mac on me "
  • Reply 15 of 71
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by furious_

she should say " hi, Mac on me "

hahaaha.

it makes me feel good that a fellow brazilian is doing something for my number 1 company. =)

i know, i'm lame.
  • Reply 16 of 71
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
  • Reply 17 of 71
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by piot

Quote:

She's okay, but nowhere near the "most beautiful girl in the world." Her swimsuit shots reveal a figure that's a little too Kate Moss/Twiggy-like, with a waist that's too wide, hips that are too narrow and legs like sticks.

"Okay"? Nothing personal, but you, sir, are an idiot.
  • Reply 18 of 71
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I just happen to have higher standards. With apologies to the recently departed Lloyd Bentsen, I've seen great legs. I've dated great legs. These, sir, are not great legs.

If you like stringbeans, that's your taste. But you reveal nothing except your own stupidity if you think only with your balls.
  • Reply 19 of 71
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Ease up on the umlaut. Most news sources in the United States don't use diacriticals, except for the "ñ" in Spanish and the occasional accent mark. She's Brazilian and this article is in the US, so Bundchen is fine. If this was a German article, it'd be different.

But it's so easy to put in on a Mac, so why not show off that capability?
  • Reply 20 of 71
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

But it's so easy to put in on a Mac, so why not show off that capability?

For one reason, if you start trying to use accented characters in forums like these, a lot of the time you run into inconsistent character encoding issue, and what you typed as a u-with-umlaut get turned into something like a capital Icelandic Thorn or a Euro symbol or the like.

Your post might look fine to you after you submit it, but when someone else using another browser looks at it, they'll see weird crap in place of your fastidious accenting. I see this happen a lot when someone posts texts with curly quotes instead of straight quotes, where the same character encoding issues apply.

The only safe way to get something like u-with-umlaut is to type out the HTML entity code like this: ü -> ü