Official WWDC 2006 Countdown Thread..!!

Comments

• Reply 81 of 231
    That made my night Sunilramen. Bravo.
  • Reply 82 of 231
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    OH PLEASE... You only want this to run bootcamp on it...

Hence why I'm keeping my Powerbook as my 'lifestyle' computer and in january buying a Core 2 Duo, overclocking it to 3Ghz+, adding 1066Mhz DDR RAM and a nVidia Direct x10 card, for those games and encoding tasks.

• Reply 83 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Pointer Sisters? What are you, fifty years old or something?

Haha, but at least the Pointer Sister's had a good song. Who the fuck older than 15 listens to Linkin Park?

But here you go: repackaged for a whole new generation.
  • Reply 84 of 231
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    True, Linkin park is a bit teenage angst.
  • Reply 85 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattyj

True, Linkin park is a bit teenage angst.

Jay Z, however, is a rapper. And wasn't Sunilramen the rap fan talking about the Fiddy Cent computer last month?
  • Reply 86 of 231
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

As JayZ says at the start: Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind 8)

Some people here will "get" Linkin Park. I'm almost 28, I've still got teenage angst issues

As for the Riot Grrls type of music, I shall explore that too. Isn't it angsty too? Heh. nice link though gregmightdothat. Checked out a bit of the sample. Old skool - retro - electoclash - riotgrrl... in 2004. whoa.

With just 4 days to go though, ANGST and RIOT and EXCITED are all words we can relate to no matter what our age.

I'm no rap fan exactly, but JayZ vs Linkin Park rocked my world. The fiddy cent obsession, well, that was tuning into the global vibe and "predicting" the news of him trying to get involved with Apple. You know, for da kids yo.

I need you to scream, 'til your lungs get sore

So for one last time I need y'all to roar

One last time I need y'all to roar MAC PRO...!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!
  • Reply 87 of 231
    4 days, 57 minutes.
  • Reply 88 of 231
    I have loved Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory came out, I think I was over 15 then. Their Reanimation album was superb, but that Jay Z stuff is pants...
  • Reply 89 of 231
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Sunilramen......noodles! HAHAHAHA.....

Okay, sorry. Not sure why I found that funny. You guys get it, right? ramen noodles? right?......

I think the suspense is getting to me...
  • Reply 90 of 231
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    when is leopard to come out. hate to buy a new mb or mbp and then have to spend another $129 to upgrade. doesn't apple give you a free upgrade if you buy within a certain time frame of announcement or shipping?
  • Reply 91 of 231
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER

when is leopard to come out.

The current consensus is late 2006/early 2007. We'll find out on Monday.

Quote:

Doesn't apple give you a free upgrade if you buy within a certain time frame of announcement or shipping?

It's thirty days, IIRC. So, if you buy new hardware, and a new OS is released within 30 days, you can get said new OS for media + shipping costs, which I believe are in the region of $20 - 30.
  • Reply 92 of 231
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    See sig PLZ!
  • Reply 93 of 231
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    I am becoming a bit restless.
  • Reply 94 of 231
    ROFLMAO Placebo your sig is awesome Good. The hype is building. My master plan for this thread is falling into place nicely muah hah ah hah hah hah ah ha..!!
  • Reply 95 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Sunilramen......noodles! HAHAHAHA.........Okay, sorry. Not sure why I found that funny. You guys get it, right? ramen noodles? right?......I think the suspense is getting to me...

Yeah when I was in the US everyone called me "Top Ramen" as in Ramen noodles

It's SunilRaman though when spelt correctly :-)
  • Reply 96 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielctull

....But that Jay Z stuff is pants...

For those outside the UK (I had to look that stuff up):

"pants (!)\tNoun/Adj. Nonsense, rubbish*, bad. From the standard British English of pants, meaning underwear; also a variation on 'knickers'. E.g."The first half was pants but I stayed until the end and it was actually a great film." [1990s] Exclam. An exclamation of annoyance or frustration. From the noun, (above)."

*"rubbish n. Everyday waste - better known in the US as trash or garbage (neither of which are used much in the UK)."

Now, how dare you call Linkin Park vs JayZ rubbish..!!!!
  • Reply 97 of 231
    Quote:

when is leopard to come out. hate to buy a new mb or mbp and then have to spend another $129 to upgrade. doesn't apple give you a free upgrade if you buy within a certain time frame of announcement or shipping?

Yeah when one of you peeps gets Leopard can I have your copy of Tiger? I'm dying here, man, dyin..... Back on 10.3.9 - But hell, at least it's honest, full legit 10.3 that came with da iBook
  • Reply 98 of 231
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I am becoming a bit restless.

San Francisco *\tFri 5:46 AM

3 days to Go. YEAHHHHHH

I was thinking, what if the Mac Pro was *not announced* at all next week?

BTW, I FOR F**KSSAKE finally got my paws on the new MacBook demo models.

And one guy was using a black MacBook at a cafe too.

And the demo Mac Mini 1.66ghz Core Duo was playing back 1920x1080p hidef trailer on a 32+inch LCD.

And seeing iTunes Gift Cards $20, $50, $100 at local 7-eleven type stores makes my heart smile.

Sounds like nothing to some of you, but to me, back in friggin civilisation, I am.

(Image: Chadstone, Melbourne, Australia)

• Reply 99 of 231
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

I've been thinking that too. I don't know what the hell I'd do, I really need one for the school year even if it ships in late October.
  • Reply 100 of 231
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Sunil, tell them they misspelled center.

Quote:

San Francisco *\tFri 5:46 AM

3 days to Go. YEAHHHHHH

BTW, I FOR F**KSSAKE finally got my paws on the new MacBook demo models.

And one guy was using a black MacBook at a cafe too.

And the demo Mac Mini 1.66ghz Core Duo was playing back 1920x1080p hidef trailer on a 32+inch LCD.

And seeing iTunes Gift Cards $20, $50, $100 at local 7-eleven type stores makes my heart smile.

Sounds like nothing to some of you, but to me, back in friggin civilisation, I am.

(Image: Chadstone, Melbourne, Australia)