Let's share Mac Pro ship dates

Comments

• Reply 261 of 403
    I can't win for losing. I called to upgrade my shipping, at my cost, and it's already "prepared for shipping" (ie. too late to upgrade to air) and will move via FedEx ground on Monday.

I've got to credit them on their shipping estimate, though -- accurate to the day. I suppose the positive out of this is that hopefully there is a BootCamp 1.2 out by time it arrives. \
  • Reply 262 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SharkBait

I can't win for losing. I called to upgrade my shipping, at my cost, and it's already "prepared for shipping" (ie. too late to upgrade to air) and will move via FedEx ground on Monday.

I've got to credit them on their shipping estimate, though -- accurate to the day. I suppose the positive out of this is that hopefully there is a BootCamp 1.2 out by time it arrives. \

What is the configuration of your MacPro?
  • Reply 263 of 403
    2.66, 1900 XT, 1 GB, 250 GB, BT and AE. Ordered August 8 from Calgary, Alberta, with a rock-solid shipping date of Sept 13.

I bought a GB of RAM from Crucial before they jacked up the price, so the news isn't all bad. 8)
  • Reply 264 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool

I just got a shipment notification for my order!

Maybe its the type of machine I ordered or maybe its ADC, but damn, I expected this thing in over a month!!

I ordered the same day you did and my order went "uncancellable" the next day. I think Apple has gotten a huge shipment of 1900XTs and is pumping out orders as fast as possible. I'll be looking for my shipping notification on Monday. I opted for the $61 next day shipping. I'm an impatient old fart!

Edit: Maybe it is an ADC thing. Mine is an ADC order also.
  • Reply 265 of 403
    If you were given upgraded shipping on your MacPro and are still waiting, better call Apple and confirm. I was told last Wed that I had free overnight shipping, and today they said their system only showed standard (despite an e-mail confirmation they sent me). They said a step in the process of upgrading the shipping was overlooked, and promised to fix the problem immediately. Better check if you're in a hurry!

3.00 GHz Quad Xeon

1GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-2x512

ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB

250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive

16x SuperDrive DL

Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mse

iWorks '06

Mac OS X

Country Kit

Ordered 8/7!
  • Reply 266 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scout7id

I ordered the same day you did and my order went "uncancellable" the next day. I think Apple has gotten a huge shipment of 1900XTs and is pumping out orders as fast as possible. I'll be looking for my shipping notification on Monday. I opted for the $61 next day shipping. I'm an impatient old fart!

Edit: Maybe it is an ADC thing. Mine is an ADC order also.

When I first placed my order I expected it to take a month or more, so slower ground shipping wasn't a big deal. But now that its shipping right away I wish I opted for faster delivery! That said, I'm in CA so FedEx ground won't take too long either.

For reference, my specs are:

2x3GHz, ATI X1900, 2 GB RAM (4x512), 500 GB HD, Dual SuperDrive, AirPort+BlueTooth Wireless, Wireless KB + Mouse.

I was debating buying the RAM elsewhere, but jumping from 2x512 to 4x512 was comparable to Crucial and other vendors so I thought it was worth getting Apple's official heatsinks while we wait for the cards to fall. The next upgrade is probably adding another 4x512 for 4 GB total and full quad-channel goodness, but we'll see how long I can hold out. My G5 has 2.5 GB and it saddens me that my new Mac Pro will have less. *sniff*

As soon as the Merom MacBook Pros are out I'll probably pick one up too, ideally alongside updated cinema displays so I can have 23/24" goodness with built-in iSight and remote.

The big question is, what do I do with my G5 tower?! I can keep my extra SATA drives and pop them in my Mac Pro, but some upgrades like my x800 AGP card are pretty much useless. Anyhow, off to check craigslist and ebay I suppose...
  • Reply 267 of 403
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Right now, mine is a few dozen thousand feet above sea level moving at 500MPH from West Coast to East Coast.
  • Reply 268 of 403
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Damn you FedEx, get my tracking number in your system already!!
  • Reply 269 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool

The big question is, what do I do with my G5 tower?! I can keep my extra SATA drives and pop them in my Mac Pro, but some upgrades like my x800 AGP card are pretty much useless. Anyhow, off to check craigslist and ebay I suppose...

Yeah, I have the same dilemma. I have a Dual 2.7GHz, 6GB RAM, 150GB Raptor, 300GB 2nd HD, X800XT with 2+ years of Applecare left and the most I've been offered is $1400. I'll use it for a doorstop before I let it go that cheap!
  • Reply 270 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Right now, mine is a few dozen thousand feet above sea level moving at 500MPH from West Coast to East Coast.

Mine just got picked up from Fullerton, CA. Someone's skipping a few classes on Wednesday (and working late Tuesday night)
  • Reply 271 of 403
    Mine's in Newark.
  • Reply 272 of 403
    I just got my ship notification! Delivery on Monday. SWEET!
  • Reply 273 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

As far as we can tell, it's totally random. Apple seems to be shipping the x1900 Mac Pros with no rhyme or reason. If you call them about it, they upgrade your shipping. I wasn't even mad when I called, and they upgraded it for me.

I just got my shipping notice too. went out friday and should be here next week! It was worth the wait for a kick-ass video card. I will need it to drive my Samsun 242MP! I am so pumped!
  • Reply 274 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CheapFrag

I just got my shipping notice too. went out friday and should be here next week! It was worth the wait for a kick-ass video card. I will need it to drive my Samsun 242MP! I am so pumped!

Got my shipping notice today... I guess I can put my favorite Apple shipping tracking widget away... for now...
  • Reply 275 of 403
    If they had gotten it out on Thursday I'd probably have it by now, but whatever, I'm happy, and I have a literature test on Tuesday so probably better for my grade.
  • Reply 276 of 403
    yeah mine is already here in minneapolis. got here friday, itll be delivered monday around 1 or 2pm im assuming. ill be waiting...
  • Reply 277 of 403
    What's the estimated delivery on your FedEx/UPS status page?
  • Reply 278 of 403
    well thats interesting. when apple shipped it, it had an estimated delivery of sept 8th, but when apparently since apple "shipped" it Sat night, fed ex didnt get it till later on monday so they changed the estimated delivery to sept 11th--a change they have no record of. so its arriving the day it was supposed to. which is a first--fedex usually arrives 1-2 days earlier for ground delivery
  • Reply 279 of 403
    My Mac Pro is here. It's currently sucking down all my info from the G5 via Migration Assistant. I'm using the FW800 and it's going pretty quickly.
  • Reply 280 of 403
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scout7id

My Mac Pro is here. It's currently sucking down all my info from the G5 via Migration Assistant. I'm using the FW800 and it's going pretty quickly.

Yeah, I'm stuck with FW400. But I think I'm gonna reconfigure from scratch for this. I may wipe my iBook and go to Linux on it.