When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 131
    Woo hoo!

I just got the "updated shipping" e-mail from Apple. My 24" BTO iMac (2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, 7600GT, wireless KB/mouse) shipped yesterday (9/11).

Should be here very soon!!!

UPDATE: It will arrive on Friday (and that's with free shipping!). Amazingly, the iMac is shipping direct from Shanghai, China! Somehow, I thought it would ship from somewhere on the US West Coast. We're all getting "factory direct" shipping.

Yay!

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 42 of 131
    Mine shipped today!!! It'll be here on Friday!!!

(24"/2.33/2GB Ram/7600GT)

I'm excited!!!
  • Reply 43 of 131
    Mine ships today. Ordered it on 9/8. 2GB RAM, 7600, 500G, 2.33 C2D upgrades.

It was originally scheduled to ship 9/18. This is my first Mac, first computer purchased (I get a PC laptop from work) and, oh yeah, first post. Very excited! Delivery on 9/15.
  • Reply 44 of 131
    My new imac shipped out yesterday. I had ordered an imac a week before the new imacs and mine was delayed. I got a nice email that I would be getting the upgrade free. Tomorrow I should recieve my 20" core 2 with 500G HD, 2G ram, and top video card. Yeah!!!

Also I am a PC user who is making the switch. I have waited 3 weeks for my computer but I relly like the free upgrade by apple. A+ service.
  • Reply 45 of 131
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zybala

My new imac shipped out yesterday. I had ordered an imac a week before the new imacs and mine was delayed. I got a nice email that I would be getting the upgrade free. Tomorrow I should recieve my 20" core 2 with 500G HD, 2G ram, and top video card. Yeah!!!

Also I am a PC user who is making the switch. I have waited 3 weeks for my computer but I relly like the free upgrade by apple. A+ service.

I remember your case. Glad to see it had the happy end we hypothesized in the other thread.
  • Reply 46 of 131
    In about an hour, I'm going to walk over to the Apple Store and place my order for the 20" with upgraded memory. Then after work, I'll walk back over to the Apple Store and pick up my lovely new iMac and probably end up calling in sick to work tomorrow! What's all this shipping date talk?

Actually, I'm pretty excited as well. I'm a former PC user who has worked on/with Macs for about 5 years now and it's time to get my own!
  • Reply 47 of 131
    I bought the 17" on saturday. It had a video problem, returned it and got a new one. I love it. A 2.0GHZ Core 2 duo for $1099 (after student discount) is really an excellent deal. The 17" seems MUCH bigger at home on my desk. I can't even imagine the 24".
  • Reply 48 of 131
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Just ordered the stock 17" model (2.0 Ghz, not the edu. version). Ships this afternoon or tomorrow and the nominal arrival date is the 21st, although the guy on the phone said it would probably be early. This computer is going to be my Mom's first mac since her old Mac Plus (we then got Windows in the house for many years-[It's not my fault, I was just a kid ])

Also ordered a HP Deskjet 6980 with the $100 rebate, a wireless Mighty Mouse for use with my laptop, and a refurbished 30GB iPod (only $179!!!). All shipping tomorrow! Wooot!!!
  • Reply 49 of 131
    Shipping update: my 24"/2.33/2GB RAM/7600 GT/500GB HDD has made it from Shanghi to Alaska. Only about 4000 miles to go now.
  • Reply 50 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Shipping update: my 24"/2.33/2GB RAM/7600 GT/500GB HDD has made it from Shanghi to Alaska. Only about 4000 miles to go now.

Hey now! It looks like we're in the same shipment as mine is also in Anchorage, AK. Looking forward to the delivery this Friday at 10:30AM (wife will be home to sign for it). Fortunately, we're having a company picnic this Friday, so it'll be a short day and I'll have more time to play with the new machine.

8)

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 51 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DotComCTO

Hey now! It looks like we're in the same shipment as mine is also in Anchorage, AK. Looking forward to the delivery this Friday at 10:30AM (wife will be home to sign for it). Fortunately, we're having a company picnic this Friday, so it'll be a short day and I'll have more time to play with the new machine.

8)

--DotComCTO

Haha, yeah it must be in the same plane right now. It'll be interesting to see when they part ways. Mine will also arrive on Friday by 1030 and as I work for a church, Friday is my half day. I'll just go in nice and early so I too will have time to play.
  • Reply 52 of 131
    Placed a Build to Order on the website this afternoon for a 24" 2.16/2GHz/250GB/7600. They are quoting me a ship date of Sep 19th. I told my fiance and now she is mad at me... Never mind the fact that the ever so useful computer costs a third of that stupid diamond on her finger... <sigh> At least its coming out of my paycheck and not our money. Looking forward to getting the new Mac though. My iBook is getting a little long in the tooth.
  • Reply 53 of 131
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    My machine is still due to ship the 18th. I guess the 3 GB of ram is stalling the shipment. Sucks!!
  • Reply 54 of 131
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    It's funny, so many of our machines are in Anchorage, Alaska. Mine is scheduled for delivery this Friday by 10:30 a.m. as well, and I so have my fingers crossed it makes it - I have some serious playing to do ! Have the desk cleared off, ready and waiting 8). It's been a little while since the last time I so anxiously awaited a weekend, like I am this one! C'mon FedEx, don't let us down .
  • Reply 55 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrSin

It's funny, so many of our machines are in Anchorage, Alaska. Mine is scheduled for delivery this Friday by 10:30 a.m. as well, and I so have my fingers crossed it makes it - I have some serious playing to do ! Have the desk cleared off, ready and waiting 8). It's been a little while since the last time I so anxiously awaited a weekend, like I am this one! C'mon FedEx, don't let us down .

Haha, yours has a little shorter distance though. I guess that shipment sitting in Alaska is the first big order of 24"er getting out to people. Kind of exciting.
  • Reply 56 of 131
    Mine shipped 9/12 from Shanghai and they attempted delivery today (9/13) before 10:30AM in Southern California. I would have it now if the FedEx driver would have pushed the button on the security grid to get in. Now, I'm waiting until tomorrow.

Oh well, never expected next day from Shanghai for standard delivery anyway...but thought you guys would like to know that yours may arrive early as my arrival date on FedEx was shown as 9/15.

Good luck!
  • Reply 57 of 131
    Quote:

Anyone else check their Order Status compulsively hoping for a change? I know I do.

yup Mine hasn't shipped yet, I am reading all the stories of stuff shipping early and am cursing them all! :P

Jan
  • Reply 58 of 131
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irchs

yup Mine hasn't shipped yet, I am reading all the stories of stuff shipping early and am cursing them all! :P

Jan

Join the crowd. Mine is still set to fly out the 18th. That is to freekn long!!
  • Reply 59 of 131
    Quote:

Haha, yeah it must be in the same plane right now. It'll be interesting to see when they part ways.

Well, I'm betting they've parted ways already. Mine went to last night Indianapolis and it's in Newark, NJ as of this morning. My guess is that is arrives into my part of Westchester (NY) this evening and gets put on the truck for delivery for tomorrow morning.

Keeping fingers crossed...

UPDATE: Ooooh. So, so close to my house now. The iMac made it to the local depot, but it missed getting on the truck this morning. I called to see if I could swing by the depot (I pass it every day) to pick it up, but I was told they have to make one delivery attempt before they let me pick it up. Oh well...Friday morning it is, then.

--DotComCTO
  • Reply 60 of 131
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash

Just ordered the stock 17" model (2.0 Ghz, not the edu. version). Ships this afternoon or tomorrow and the nominal arrival date is the 21st, although the guy on the phone said it would probably be early. This computer is going to be my Mom's first mac since her old Mac Plus (we then got Windows in the house for many years-[It's not my fault, I was just a kid ])

Also ordered a HP Deskjet 6980 with the $100 rebate, a wireless Mighty Mouse for use with my laptop, and a refurbished 30GB iPod (only $179!!!). All shipping tomorrow! Wooot!!!

Shipping Update: Awesome!!! Got emails from Apple at around 1:00 AM it appears saying everythings shipped. The iMac, printer and Mighty Mouse had Aug 15 as the estimated delivery!!! And iPod has Aug 20. Now I checked with FedEx tracking--The iMac says estimated delivery today, the MM still says tomorrow but the details say that it's out for delivery, and the printer still says tomorrow. iPod still the same.

This is with standard Free Shipping by the way!! Stock system so it doesn't have to come from China. 8)

EDIT: Also, guy on the phone says when you order by phone stuff often comes quicker, guess he was right...